Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

wah seh, what kind of society are we having nowadays? kids becoming too pampered?

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain View Post
    what did the jc girl parent say?
    all u have to do is bait me...

well...

'WHAT she said did come across as insensitive. The language was stronger than what most people could take.

But she wrote in a private blog and I feel that her privacy has been violated. After all, they were the rantings of an 18-year-old among friends.

I think if you cut through the insensitivity of the language, her basic point is reasonable, that is, that a well-educated university graduate who works for a multinational company should not be bemoaning about the Government and get on with the challenges in life.

Nonetheless, I have counselled her to learn from it. Some people cannot take the brutal truth and that sort of language, so she ought to learn from it.

In our current desire to encourage more debate, especially through the Internet, our comments must be tempered with sensitivity.

I will not gag her, since she's 18 and should be able to stand by what she says.

The new media of the Internet is such that if you don't like what she has said, you have the right of rebuttal.

Hopefully, after the discussion, everyone will be the richer for it. As a parent, I may not have inculcated the appropriate level of sensitivity, but she has learnt a lesson, and it's good that she has learnt it at such an early stage in life.'
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

well...
    You know DCA..

Somehow I'm thinking he's asking about what the JC girl INVOLVED in this incident said.

hee hee!

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    wah seh, what kind of society are we having nowadays? kids becoming too pampered?
    Do you even wonder whether Pampers came first or the term pampered came first?

I mean.. If the kids are allowed to wear Pampers for too long it means that they are definitely very spoilt! Hence the term!

If I was the father, I would've made the kid kneel and beg the driver for forgiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    You know DCA..

Somehow I'm thinking he's asking about what the JC girl INVOLVED in this incident said.

hee hee!
    oh... we dun click man... well, tats not a JC girl mah, cannot be identified.. cos not in uniform...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    If I was the father, I would've made the kid kneel and beg the driver for forgiveness.
    u shud've read the excuse and reason the HWA CHUNG ginna gave when newpaper interviewed him.

its an accident la, din't do it on purpose la. the bus driver GRABBED the gal's arm la and shouted at them la, he turned violent first la...

all in direct contrast to what the passengers and the bus driver said.

remorse anyone?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

in the good old days, this would have qualified for a public caning and expulsion for tarnishing the school's name.

spare the rod and spoil the child.

It's part of growing up. He's going to learn it the hard way.

I was more 冲动 than him when I was his age, but I never thought of hitting people.

Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    I feel that this boy is too much liao..a old man also want to punch. Wanna act gung-ho in front of gf after that then cried and scared...no use man!
    School should sack him due to his hooligan behavior!
    It's got absolutely zilch to do with acting tough. If a driver did that to me, I'd be ticked off too, however irrationally. Humans are inherently impulsive.

The "boy" should be counsel first , and, if he has any history of violence, public caning should apply (as an example and lesson), follow by expellsion from school.

Nowadays, many youngster are spoilt, sparing the rod is a very bad idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post

well...
    OOOOOOOoo elite one eye mole, thought its the Tammy incident

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    The "boy" should be counsel first , and, if he has any history of violence, public caning should apply (as an example and lesson), follow by expellsion from school.

Nowadays, many youngster are spoilt, sparing the rod is a very bad idea.
    You might be surprised to find out that many who are punished, however severely, have a tendency to do it again, and again, and again. The human psyche goes a little too deep to treat with reactionary punishment. Counseling these days is worth jack ****. The motivated counselors have no idea how to do it properly, and the ones who are trained in the subject have no motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    It's got absolutely zilch to do with acting tough. If a driver did that to me, I'd be ticked off too, however irrationally. Humans are inherently impulsive.
    Bruce, u hit him, i think he fly off the window & die along the street lor... please hold back your impulsion...

Counselled? Oh plz, if u guys keep thinking on 'counselling, counselling' no use one.

The precise reason why there are more and more punks, top schools or not, is due to the fact that kiddos are getting smarter, they know that if its their first offence, they would be 'counselled' (which is in fact, to them, a "1-ear-in, 1-ear-out" session) instead of facing outright punishment like the old days.

Ask so many of u here, educated under the old system where punishment is advocated over counselling, after u did something stupid and earned a good caning, from school or from parents even if u're truly sorry, cry until ur snort and tears all over ur face, would u hesitate to do the same thing again when u know that u'll earn another round of caning, heavier one, if u do the same thing again?

But still, kudos to the driver for not retaliating. For if he did, dat damned punk would have twisted the story and end up they will get 2 groups: 1 group of witnesses on the bus that witnessed the punching and who threw the first punch and another group of non-witnesses that only seek to protect themselves, their image and reputation.

This so-called 'innovative, creative, new-styled' education system that we're seeing now, bleah.... Producing a smarter generation AND a generation that plays punk when other ppl's heads are turned and formulating their own brand of twisted logic when they are caught red-handed.

Quote Originally Posted by Belle&Sebastain View Post
    OOOOOOOoo elite one eye mole, thought its the Tammy incident
    Tammy in poly lah, well... nowadays seem like JC getting all the attention...

Time for polys and ites to work harder...

You might be surprised to find out that many who are punished, however severely, have a tendency to do it again, and again, and again. The human psyche goes a little too deep to treat with reactionary punishment.
    for the "hard-core" pai-kia ones, maybe. but for the pampered/spoilt ones who have never been caned before in their lives, i think it will be a very effective lesson and deterrent against future misdeeds. Even the most hardened criminals dread the caning by rotan in prison.

Counseling these days is worth jack ****. The motivated counselors have no idea how to do it properly, and the ones who are trained in the subject have no motivation.
    teaching of core values/etiquette/morals begins at home, and continues in school. IMHO this must be addressed first, then there will be less need for counsellers to "fix" spoilt kids when they grow up.
    Last edited by zaren; 15th May 2007 at 09:48 AM.

They think beating people is ok. Watched too much violent stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    They think beating people is ok. Watched too much violent stuff?
    MORTAL KOMBAT!!!!

Must be the wrestling... everytime see them slap the chest... the boy missed, hit the face instead...

so you're agreeing with the boy's action?

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast