Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 528

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

  1. #301
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by azul123 View Post
    During lunch my colleagues and I was talking about this incident, I said to my colleagues the student having felt remorseful should be given another chance, I told my colleagues if I was judge I would do that for the sake of the father and because this young man realised his mistake and was remorseful.

    My colleagues argued otherwise, saying he had only shown remorse after realising it is a criminal offence he just did and he could potentially throw his future away because of this lapse in judgement or self-control.

    We took a short break (2 hours) and then met again at tea break, I said... ok ok... how about this? let him off this time and make him do community service for one year.

    My colleagues... hmmm..yah that seems like an ok punishment.

    ../azul123
    How abt:
    - 100 hours of community service (and this is not to be included inside those so-called 'community service hours' students have to clock these days)
    - 10 lashes of Public Caning
    - Formal written apology handwritten, signed by the boy and handed to the driver in person
    - A basket of fruits and a medical compensation of $5000 delivered to the driver in person at hospital by the boy himself
    - Driver and SBS reserves all rights to sue the boy
    - Social worker to deliver report to judge on boy's studies, behaviour, family and friends

  2. #302
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Sack him? Cane him with horse urine? Throw him in jail?

    The way I see it... this forum is filled with very vindictive people, whose wish to harm the boy in far more vicious ways than that which befits what he did. The way I see it, these thoughts show how much negativity and aggression we have inside... such that we cannot even bring ourselves to give a 1st time offender the benefit of the doubt. That's not much better than what the boy did.

    He was cornered and trapped in the bus. He punched the bus driver and the driver ended up with 2 days MC.

    Now you want to take this boy's future away from him? He is not a repeat offender. This is his 1st time crossing the line. He should be given a punishment that hurts him, but not one that affects his future prospects.

    Everyone deserves a 2nd chance... perhaps even Glenn Knight.
    Punch until someone has 2 days MC?!

    Cornered and trapped in the bus? Oh plz, he was obviously trying to make a dash for his guilt and he'll probably boast abt it to his peers and chick on how he 'fooled' the 'stupid bus driver'.

    Little devils these days, give them some leeway and they think that they had u.

  3. #303
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Even his school say it was an accident?




    Oh...the act of punching people is considered unintentionally...oh...thats what Hwa Chong teaches???
    Hit ppl until 2 day MC = Accident?

    Den next time kill ppl =

    Pray, do tell me what's the answer. I'm not very sure myself. Murder? Manslaughter? Accidental death or suicide?

  4. #304
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Do you guys feel that SBS bus company will sue this boy?

  5. #305
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Talking Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    Hit ppl until 2 day MC = Accident?

    Den next time kill ppl =

    Pray, do tell me what's the answer. I'm not very sure myself. Murder? Manslaughter? Accidental death or suicide?
    Hwa Chong is a famous school for the talented people one wo...better dun doubt their powderful england hor! Learn from the best school...hit people = accident!
    Understood-ed???

  6. #306
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Sack him? Cane him with horse urine? Throw him in jail?

    The way I see it... this forum is filled with very vindictive people, whose wish to harm the boy in far more vicious ways than that which befits what he did. The way I see it, these thoughts show how much negativity and aggression we have inside... such that we cannot even bring ourselves to give a 1st time offender the benefit of the doubt. That's not much better than what the boy did.

    He was cornered and trapped in the bus. He punched the bus driver and the driver ended up with 2 days MC.

    Now you want to take this boy's future away from him? He is not a repeat offender. This is his 1st time crossing the line. He should be given a punishment that hurts him, but not one that affects his future prospects.

    Everyone deserves a 2nd chance... perhaps even Glenn Knight.
    wa seh... 1st time offender already beat the living daylight out of an uncle(58yrs old?).

    S'pore's boxing got hope for an olympic gold liao.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #307
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Sack him? Cane him with horse urine? Throw him in jail?

    The way I see it... this forum is filled with very vindictive people, whose wish to harm the boy in far more vicious ways than that which befits what he did. The way I see it, these thoughts show how much negativity and aggression we have inside... such that we cannot even bring ourselves to give a 1st time offender the benefit of the doubt. That's not much better than what the boy did.

    He was cornered and trapped in the bus. He punched the bus driver and the driver ended up with 2 days MC.

    Now you want to take this boy's future away from him? He is not a repeat offender. This is his 1st time crossing the line. He should be given a punishment that hurts him, but not one that affects his future prospects.

    Everyone deserves a 2nd chance... perhaps even Glenn Knight.
    Ask urself this: WHy is he being "cornered" and so called "trapped in the bus"? Why the bus driver be so free and bo liao to do such things? He was driving a number of passengers and all of them depend on him to reach their own destination.

    Caning with horse urine, jailing wont hap, frankly. Due to his age. But hurting one physically wont stand the time. Nowadays, its the brain, the "face" value.

    And u guess wats the big wooha abt this event? Becoz he's a so called "elite", someone branded by this country to be future leaders that might run this particular soil he steps on everyday. Can we foresee someone with that kind of violence NOT to protray the same behaviour in his working place, in the public, in the Courts or in Parliament?

    ANd so wats the thing abt being a "1st-timer"? DOes that means he will never do it again?

  8. #308
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn View Post
    How abt:
    - 100 hours of community service (and this is not to be included inside those so-called 'community service hours' students have to clock these days)
    - 10 lashes of Public Caning
    - Formal written apology handwritten, signed by the boy and handed to the driver in person
    - A basket of fruits and a medical compensation of $5000 delivered to the driver in person at hospital by the boy himself
    - Driver and SBS reserves all rights to sue the boy
    - Social worker to deliver report to judge on boy's studies, behaviour, family and friends
    the public caning in front of the whole sch will be enough. The rest can be acted out by the boy But the humination of being caned will hurt the mental for some time, at least.

    And perhaps, his name being splashed out in every papers, which I know is impossible due to his age
    Last edited by cjl; 16th May 2007 at 12:54 PM.

  9. #309
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    Ask urself this: WHy is he being "cornered" and so called "trapped in the bus"? Why the bus driver be so free and bo liao to do such things? He was driving a number of passengers and all of them depend on him to reach their own destination.

    Caning with horse urine, jailing wont hap, frankly. Due to his age. But hurting one physically wont stand the time. Nowadays, its the brain, the "face" value.

    And u guess wats the big wooha abt this event? Becoz he's a so called "elite", someone branded by this country to be future leaders that might run this particular soil he steps on everyday. Can we foresee someone with that kind of violence NOT to protray the same behaviour in his working place, in the public, in the Courts or in Parliament?

    ANd so wats the thing abt being a "1st-timer"? DOes that means he will never do it again?
    If this type of elites goes into the Parliament next time...Singapore Parliament will play boxing like Taiwan liao lo....no joke...not happy I punch you, you punch me!

  10. #310
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Talking Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    One thing - I wonder if this loser kid read this thread about his shameful story?

  11. #311
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    One thing - I wonder if this loser kid read this thread about his shameful story?
    Pls dun let that hap. Or rather, hopefully the loser kid isnt a photographer. Photographers should be well-behaved humans. Of coz we do see some nasty ones....

    Last edited by cjl; 16th May 2007 at 01:07 PM.

  12. #312

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by XXX Boy View Post
    Oh! You sound like when a person is rude to you, you can punch him?
    i remember not too long ago, there was a case where a doctor was punched by someone... he reported police & the police say they will not treat it as a criminal case...??!!! and advise him to refer it as civil case to his lawyer..?! He was SHOCKED! as his facial injuries was obvious... can't remember what reason the police gave?! anyone remember?
    Boss say:"Now i shall downgrade u all2 $90 flat for OT!"
    I say:"better ask blanga do..." :bsmilie:

  13. #313
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    The Guilin of Spore
    Posts
    381

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by waterlucky View Post
    i remember not too long ago, there was a case where a doctor was punched by someone... he reported police & the police say they will not treat it as a criminal case...??!!! and advise him to refer it as civil case to his lawyer..?! He was SHOCKED! as his facial injuries was obvious... can't remember what reason the police gave?! anyone remember?
    Got this case meh? I do know of a ah pek who punch a MP during a Meet-People-Session. Even Ah pek that old also resort to violence......

    haiz

  14. #314
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by waterlucky View Post
    i remember not too long ago, there was a case where a doctor was punched by someone... he reported police & the police say they will not treat it as a criminal case...??!!! and advise him to refer it as civil case to his lawyer..?! He was SHOCKED! as his facial injuries was obvious... can't remember what reason the police gave?! anyone remember?
    very easy..just change statement to attempt murder..the police immediately do something..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

  15. #315
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    eastern past
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    Sack him? Cane him with horse urine? Throw him in jail?

    The way I see it... this forum is filled with very vindictive people, whose wish to harm the boy in far more vicious ways than that which befits what he did. The way I see it, these thoughts show how much negativity and aggression we have inside... such that we cannot even bring ourselves to give a 1st time offender the benefit of the doubt. That's not much better than what the boy did.

    He was cornered and trapped in the bus. He punched the bus driver and the driver ended up with 2 days MC.

    Now you want to take this boy's future away from him? He is not a repeat offender. This is his 1st time crossing the line. He should be given a punishment that hurts him, but not one that affects his future prospects.

    Everyone deserves a 2nd chance... perhaps even Glenn Knight.
    f-r-i-e-n-d, just one question : when he PUNCHED AND SLAPPED the bus captain, wasnt he being negative and agressive ?

    take what boy's future ? he destroyed his own future. i mean he is 17 years old already, no ? i assume that he has some basic common sense that once you pull the punches 1st, you are in the wrong.

    anyway just relax, just an internet forum yah

  16. #316
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    the public caning in front of the whole sch will be enough. The rest can be acted out by the boy But the humination of being caned will hurt the mental for some time, at least.

    And perhaps, his name being splashed out in every papers, which I know is impossible due to his age
    Hmm.... I guess its just a matter of time before his name gets splashed all over the internet forums bulletin boards.

  17. #317

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by cjl View Post
    Ask urself this: WHy is he being "cornered" and so called "trapped in the bus"? Why the bus driver be so free and bo liao to do such things? He was driving a number of passengers and all of them depend on him to reach their own destination.

    Caning with horse urine, jailing wont hap, frankly. Due to his age. But hurting one physically wont stand the time. Nowadays, its the brain, the "face" value.

    And u guess wats the big wooha abt this event? Becoz he's a so called "elite", someone branded by this country to be future leaders that might run this particular soil he steps on everyday. Can we foresee someone with that kind of violence NOT to protray the same behaviour in his working place, in the public, in the Courts or in Parliament?

    ANd so wats the thing abt being a "1st-timer"? DOes that means he will never do it again?
    I don't think the bus driver was that free. He was just following company instructions. However, I think he got carried away...

    It's also unfortunate if people thinks that he is an 'elite'. Not everyone in Hwa Chong will become a future leader. Only a handful will become really successful. Such is the sad fact of life. Most people who are academically successful will become a professional, make a decent income and end up in the middle-class.

    If you jail him, cane him with a whip soaked in horse urine, give him a criminal record, sack him from school, etc... he will lose his chance to become middle-class. What's the point in that?

    When I was a young boy, I gave in to temptation and stole a toy soldier from the department store. I was quite guilt ridden after that. I still have the image of that toy soldier etched in my mind. Why did I do it? If I asked my parents, they would probably just buy it for me. It was just something stupid I did, and I was very sorry that I did it. But I assure you that I have not stolen ever since... Nobody caned me, nor sacked me from school because nobody knew what I did... though I probably should have been caned. It was just something stupid I did when I was young.

    The thing about being a 1st timer is... everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Being humans, we make mistakes. That does not make us bad people. Being humans, we all have deep seated greed, anger, aggression, envy, and even hate... It's how we deal with these that make us good or bad people. Sometimes, in moments of weakness, we take a wrong step, but that does not mean that we will do it again and again. That's why we give people chances to learn... to change and become better. If he does it 2 or 3 times, then perhaps it would warrant a heavier punishment... but we should not ruin him for 1 mistake. That's the thing about being a 1st timer.

  18. #318
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    I don't think the bus driver was that free. He was just following company instructions. However, I think he got carried away...

    It's also unfortunate if people thinks that he is an 'elite'. Not everyone in Hwa Chong will become a future leader. Only a handful will become really successful. Such is the sad fact of life. Most people who are academically successful will become a professional, make a decent income and end up in the middle-class.

    If you jail him, cane him with a whip soaked in horse urine, give him a criminal record, sack him from school, etc... he will lose his chance to become middle-class. What's the point in that?

    When I was a young boy, I gave in to temptation and stole a toy soldier from the department store. I was quite guilt ridden after that. I still have the image of that toy soldier etched in my mind. Why did I do it? If I asked my parents, they would probably just buy it for me. It was just something stupid I did, and I was very sorry that I did it. But I assure you that I have not stolen ever since... Nobody caned me, nor sacked me from school because nobody knew what I did... though I probably should have been caned. It was just something stupid I did when I was young.

    The thing about being a 1st timer is... everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Being humans, we make mistakes. That does not make us bad people. Being humans, we all have deep seated greed, anger, aggression, envy, and even hate... It's how we deal with these that make us good or bad people. Sometimes, in moments of weakness, we take a wrong step, but that does not mean that we will do it again and again. That's why we give people chances to learn... to change and become better. If he does it 2 or 3 times, then perhaps it would warrant a heavier punishment... but we should not ruin him for 1 mistake. That's the thing about being a 1st timer.
    The problem is that this kid still does not admit to his faults! And so does his school!

  19. #319
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Interesting conversation we're all having here

    I don't think we are vindictive people here; personally I feel that;

    1. The boy should apologise and admit that he was wrong to hit the uncle driver. He is the aggressor here by all accounts. I don't think the driver deserve to be hit & slapped for doing what he should do in the line of work.

    2. The school, if it wants to be involved, should say that they are looking into discipline/counselling the kid, instead of putting out a press statement saying that its an 'unfortunate accident'? to protect the school's reputation.

    I think we're so tired of seeing 'elites' who had screwed up and had to depend on daddy/mommy/school/lawyer/"he/she is a hardworking, bright student" to bail them out instead of just admitting that they did WRONG.

    He is 17yrs old now. Next year he'll be 18 and will be in the Army? Would you trust this person who seems to have trouble controlling his emotions with a rifle?

  20. #320

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    wa seh... 1st time offender already beat the living daylight out of an uncle(58yrs old?).

    S'pore's boxing got hope for an olympic gold liao.
    No lah... uncle is 58 yrs old... but he was still standing after the punches. That OSIM uPapa probably has better chance for olympic medal.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61114151617182126 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •