Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 528

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

  1. #261
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by furrycake View Post
    you illegal immigrant is it ? we use our IC to make our easilink card mah, but thats years ago liao. adult ones wont expire ... talking about NSmen/ students etc
    U should know mah, i seldom take bus 1, i always look forward to every bus & mrt trip i take... (ppl say i crazy)
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  2. #262
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    DCA is korean idol, no need to take bus wan hor

  3. #263
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    DCA is korean idol, no need to take bus wan hor
    i got korean babes ferry me around...

    jealous?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  4. #264
    Senior Member redstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Beyond the outer limits
    Posts
    2,898

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Good grades doesnt mean good attitude. Bad grades doesn't mean bad attitude.

  5. #265
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
    Posts
    1,159

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Good grades doesnt mean good attitude. Bad grades doesn't mean bad attitude.
    True! I believe that some Bengs even have better manners than this Hwa Chong Kid! This top school kid is really a shame!

  6. #266

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Even if the boy is remorseful, he needs to learn his lesson. The sch must expel him and hopefully he is not just let off with a warning. Otherwise, who knows, the next time a more serious crime could take place. Imagine in a world where guns are available to these pple who could not control their temper. There must be zero tolerance for such acts.

  7. #267

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by snowspeeder View Post
    Even if the boy is remorseful, he needs to learn his lesson. The sch must expel him and hopefully he is not just let off with a warning. Otherwise, who knows, the next time a more serious crime could take place. Imagine in a world where guns are available to these pple who could not control their temper. There must be zero tolerance for such acts.
    Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

    According to this article, HC seems to be trying to gloss over the incident.
    http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...130302,00.html

  8. #268
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbesyeo View Post
    Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

    According to this article, HC seems to be trying to gloss over the incident.
    http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/news/st...130302,00.html
    sorry if i'm going to ruffle a few feathers... but, 'deeply regretted this unfortunate incident which resulted from a misunderstanding'.... and "The school said the student is a good student and well-behaved and is distressed by what happened. They are currently 'working closely with his parents to help him manage his current emotions to overcome this difficult period' .. my

    we were just talking abt this among ourselves in school today. my colleagues all agree - if this happened to a normal neighbourhood school kid, it won't even raise a yawn at the papers. why? becos it is expected behaviour from these kids. it is newsworthy now becos it came from a 'good' school. the above statement and action by the school just sent a signal to the entire SG student population that if u are from a good sch and do such thing, u'll probably get away with it. gesh...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  9. #269
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    sorry if i'm going to ruffle a few feathers... but, 'deeply regretted this unfortunate incident which resulted from a misunderstanding'.... and "The school said the student is a good student and well-behaved and is distressed by what happened. They are currently 'working closely with his parents to help him manage his current emotions to overcome this difficult period' .. my

    we were just talking abt this among ourselves in school today. my colleagues all agree - if this happened to a normal neighbourhood school kid, it won't even raise a yawn at the papers. why? becos it is expected behaviour from these kids. it is newsworthy now becos it came from a 'good' school. the above statement and action by the school just sent a signal to the entire SG student population that if u are from a good sch and do such thing, u'll probably get away with it. gesh...
    life suxs ya?

    wat can u do?

    able to overthrow the elites?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #270
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    HCJC mah, it was Pioneer JC or other lower ranking JCs, the whole incident would be reported differently.

  11. #271
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    life suxs ya?

    wat can u do?

    able to overthrow the elites?
    not getting into any anti-govt BS here hor...

    but seriously, wat irks me is the molly-coddling from the sch on a supposedly 'academically good' student. wat? the student has no sense of shame? is your result slip the measure of ur worth?

    if i have to see my dad going down on his knees to beg before a stranger... i dunno if i can ever live, let alone sleep at nite.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

  12. #272

    Smile Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    'expected behaviour from these kids' care to explain? seems to me, a sweeping statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post

    if this happened to a normal neighbourhood school kid, it won't even raise a yawn at the papers. why? becos it is expected behaviour from these kids. (
    Last edited by reachme2003; 15th May 2007 at 08:42 PM.

  13. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    the other side
    Posts
    2,046

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003 View Post
    'expected behaviour from these kids' care to explain? seems to me, a sweeping statement.
    well it isn't.

    many assume that students from neighbourhood schs are ill-disciplined and barbaric, and on top of that, stupid.

    really reminds me of jack neo's movies.

  14. #274

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    The school is right to help him, the primary responsibility of the school is not to discipline him, it is to educate him.

    Tell me something, how many of you pussys have never gotten into a fight when you were younger? Do you think it was silly or do you think it was a GREAT thing now when you look back at it? Did you think the same way when you were fighting?

  15. #275

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    The school is right to help him, the primary responsibility of the school is not to discipline him, it is to educate him.

    Tell me something, how many of you pussys have never gotten into a fight when you were younger? Do you think it was silly or do you think it was a GREAT thing now when you look back at it? Did you think the same way when you were fighting?

    Never gotten into a fight? Me for one.

    Is there a need to fight at all?

    Didn't need school to educate me on that.

  16. #276

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    Good grades doesnt mean good attitude. Bad grades doesn't mean bad attitude.
    Yeah, but I used to have bad grades and bad attitudes. Everybody learns as they grow up. The bus captain will drop the case in the end. He just wants to warn the kid and other kids about respecting people. This is a scare tactic like the if-you-are-naughty-I'll-call-the-police tactic used by our parents.

    Do you think the kid has good sleep these few days? No, definitely not. He's scared hell out of his mind. Do you think his parents will keep quiet these few days? Nope, they will shout and scold the heck out of him.

    Well, I'm just speculating based on my own analysis.

  17. #277
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Yeah, but I used to have bad grades and bad attitudes. Everybody learns as they grow up. The bus captain will drop the case in the end. He just wants to warn the kid and other kids about respecting people. This is a scare tactic like the if-you-are-naughty-I'll-call-the-police tactic used by our parents.

    Do you think the kid has good sleep these few days? No, definitely not. He's scared hell out of his mind. Do you think his parents will keep quiet these few days? Nope, they will shout and scold the heck out of him.

    Well, I'm just speculating based on my own analysis.
    SBS Transit has a stern and firm view on this and they are goin to pursue the matter.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #278

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    Never gotten into a fight? Me for one.

    Is there a need to fight at all?

    Didn't need school to educate me on that.
    The responsibility is a collective one, something that starts from home and extends to everything and everyone else outside home. Sure, you probably did not need your school to tell you it is not right to fight, maybe because you are more perceptive to what's right and what's not or you may have had the benefit of good parenting. However, I am also certain that you have been educated in school, by way of talks or as part of your educational syllabus, that fighting, bullying of beating others up is not necessarily a good thing. It helps to supplement and reinforce this concept on other people who do not have the benefit like yours.

    For me personally, the school has moved in the correct way, not to ostracize a kid who isn’t thinking straight, not that he cannot, but he doesn’t, there is a whole world of difference between the two. The kids punishment will be taken care of by the right people.

  19. #279

    Smile Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    even, if the bus captain concerned is personally willing to 'drop the case', there are still two other parties involved, his employer(the bus co) and the police, if they are looking into the assault.

    Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    The bus captain will drop the case in the end. He just wants to warn the kid and other kids about respecting people. This is a scare tactic like the if-you-are-naughty-I'll-call-the-police tactic used by our parents.

  20. #280
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    89

    Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

    imho; seems likr our schools have failed us and society.

    Schools nowadays seems to give kids knowledge but not morals.


Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4912131415161924 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •