Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast

Thread: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Default Re: Hwa Chong student punched bus driver

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    Now we have a world-class elite student from a world-class college committing an act of violence to a world-class bus captain from a world-class transport organization.

Plenty to see in court.
    got court case meh? the poor uncle where got money to engage a lawyer.

He wrote: 'The bus driver detained us and didn't allow us to proceed. He asked her to produce the card and took it without explanation.

'We were stunned. I asked for it back, while my friend produced her current card, with her particulars, to prove that the void card was hers. He ignored her.
    How come suddenly all the people who hate SBS hide and never complain about rude bus drivers?

There's always 2 sides to a story. Remember that.

Let's decide this the CS way.. Poll!

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=280516

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Let's just lynch him.

It's so much less civilised and much more barbaric. And while we're at it, we brand his girlfriend all over and sell her into slavery.

Seriously, the suggestions here sometimes..
    that's the internet generation for you. it's opened an avenue for the salvage nature of man to find freedom in without having to be physically involved.

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    how would that appear on your forehead?
    I already got a scar from Voldemort on my forehead

How come suddenly all the people who hate SBS hide and never complain about rude bus drivers?

There's always 2 sides to a story. Remember that.
    people read what they like, and twist stories to their advantage, that's the instant gratification one gets in an ever-exploding identity-less world of internet

that's the internet generation for you. it's opened an avenue for the salvage nature of man to find freedom in without having to be physically involved.
    Oh well.

He's 17, for crying out loud. Does everyone here remember what they were like when they were 17-year old teenagers and thought the world was their carpet?

Oh well.

He's 17, for crying out loud. Does everyone here remember what they were like when they were 17-year old teenagers and thought the world was their carpet?
    i'm sure there're other 17s in this forum anyway, 17 is not a reason, but one should not retaliate unreasonably on unreasonable acts.

Oh well.

well... 17... wtf am i doing?

and the most funny thing about me is, there is a rumour in my school (in central of SG) all the way to Bukit Batok that i hit a teacher... and people ask, eh u know this guy *me* then i say, dunno leh...

variations include, slapping, kicking, etc... then teacher cry... omg, those were the days without the internet, and yet u get famous for things u wanted but never do...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Oh well.

When I was 17, I was playing truant, teasing girls, running around having fun. I was laughed loud and did things that who put me into the "insane" catergory. Yes, the world was my carpet.

But I did not hit any bus drivers or any elders. These are considered off limits.

My point is that there were OB markers and many of the older folks could see them when they were younger... Nowadays, the OB markers seems to be ignored.
    Last edited by SnapSnap; 15th May 2007 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Correct typo error...
    Just me...

i'm sure there're other 17s in this forum anyway, 17 is not a reason, but one should not retaliate unreasonably on unreasonable acts.
    Maturity and circumstance should always be taken into account.

The law takes intent more seriously than anything else, which is why you have the large distinction between the punishment for murder versus manslaughter - death sentence versus life imprisonment is quite a huge leap if you ask me.

There is definitely no set age for when one becomes mature emotionally or intellectually, that's for sure - there are old people who still behave like kids, and not because they are aged, but because of their mentality and view of life. There are 12 year olds who have literally seen so much in life.

I do believe more in second chances than anything else though. You can say - hey, but what if he does it again? Then he didn't deserve that second chance, but I think everyone does have some amount of right to make mistakes along the way.

Reform programs and counseling for minor offenders - even young murderers are much more successful than those who are more aged. To me, this just proves that minors should be given more leeway than the older guys.
    Last edited by night86mare; 15th May 2007 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    and the most funny thing about me is, there is a rumour in my school (in central of SG) all the way to Bukit Batok that i hit a teacher... and people ask, eh u know this guy *me* then i say, dunno leh...
    Aiya, must be someone spread rumours that you hit ON the teacher, then along the way the ON got lost..

So young so horny already!

Maturity and circumstance should always be taken into the account.

The law takes intent more seriously than anything else, which is why you have the large distinction between the punishment for murder versus manslaughter - death sentence versus life imprisonment is quite a huge leap if you ask me.

There is definitely no set age for when one becomes mature emotionally or intellectually, that's for sure - there are old people who still behave like kids, and not because they are aged, but because of their mentality and view of life. There are 12 year olds who have literally seen so much in life.

I do believe more in second chances than anything else though. You can say - hey, but what if he does it again? Then he didn't deserve that second chance, but I think everyone does have some amount of right to make mistakes along the way.

Reform programs and counseling for minor offenders - even young murderers are much more successful than those who are more aged. To me, this just proves that minors should be given more leeway than the older guys.
    that's why the effect for the action should be a reasonable one

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    well... 17... wtf am i doing?

variations include, slapping, kicking, etc... then teacher cry... omg, those were the days without the internet, and yet u get famous for things u wanted but never do...
    so ... ... ... where did you hit the teacher?

That is correct like what I mentioned beating anybody is wrong, no doubt about that.
    Maybe the bus captain did not do anything wrong but I find it hard to believe that no argument broke out and the student just bash him the instant he retain the card ???. I am inclined to believe it is the press that reported it that way and want the reader to see it that way. It may well not be the case but like I say I have my doubt.

Like I say some bus captain thinks that everybody owns them something and they are the king of the bus but not all are like that, there are good bus captains as well. Just like not all student are like that and for one like that there are many more that are good.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    From the eye witnesses' account, the bus captain didn't do anything wrong at all. From what u said, it seems that the bus captain could have done something wrong to deserve the bashing. Come one, whether or no the bus captain say or do anything thing that infuriated him, it does not give him the right to whack the former.

Oh well.

I mean, we were all 17 once and yes all of us make mistakes. But being 17 DOES NOT give you the right to punch and slap an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by RonTheMan View Post
    I mean, we were all 17 once and yes all of us make mistakes. But being 17 DOES NOT give you the right to punch and slap an old man.
    No, that was not my point.

So, my dear man, have you made any mistakes before?

If no, then I will keep quiet. =) We all make mistakes, it's just big, or small. But they are still mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    The boy is not wrong. Remember, he is the King
    When he hear the rotan whip on inmates ka cng at Changi Maximum Security Prison with the lash reverberating in the prison, or the loud *CHUNK* at the Death Row den see the King turn into what....

Dat time RP course, was told by the MP instructors that a new female SAF counsellor was brought around in DB to show how things work, and they carried out a whipping demonstration on a dummy to show how they whip inmates, the 1st lash nia the lady screamed and fainted.

Eikin, here.

Link to article

Exactly the same as what XXX Boy posted though?
    Quote Originally Posted by From article:
    "The school said the student is a good student and well-behaved and is distressed by what happened."
    Lets put him out of his misery.... permanently.
    Last edited by jsbn; 15th May 2007 at 12:37 PM.

so ... ... ... where did you hit the teacher?
    no where... i just pointed a finger only...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5891011121520 ... LastLast