Thread: S e a s h e l l

Default S e a s h e l l

Taken during an evening stroll along east coast. Lighting was soft, the coarse sand grains were a nice contrast to the seashell, and the skies weren't all that boring.

I suck big time at still-life photography, largely due to inadequate patience. Hope this one lives up a little. Pls share your suggestions and comments to help me improve. Thanks!

Default Re: S e a s h e l l

Tilted horizon does not work for me. Go closer and you will realise how much a difference it can make.
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Tilted horizon does not work for me. Go closer and you will realise how much a difference it can make.
    Thanks for the pointer. The horizon tilt is a high-miss item. Works in very few, but not this one I suppose.

I know what you meant by going in closer, but this was as close as I could go with the wide angle without digging a hole in the sand, LOL! I think this is where an angle finger would come in real useful.

hi.. bring ur zoom lens next time.

Would like to share with you my fav seashell photos.. obviously not taken by me.. but it's always good to look at others' gd shots and learn fr it..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alexmasters/283618483/

color dull

Could be brighter a bit and yellow saturation increased.
    But it could be OK as it is if there's some hint of a setting sun in the sky.
    Only missing a cutesy small sandcastle in the background.

Otherwise, a composition that might make a good (albeit generic) postcard.

I like your barcode alternative to a plain copyright sign and photographer ID.