Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Sigma 70-200 2.8

  1. #1

    Default Sigma 70-200 2.8

    I rarely see CSers selling this lens in the buy and sell...is this lens that good or are people just not buying it?

    Read some reviews and tested a few copies, in my opinion it is defintely in the league of canon's 70-200 2.8 non IS at a cheaper price. IS is not a factor for me since I usually shoot at higher shutter speeeds. therefore i'm wondering why it does not show up in the buy and sell, is it that good, a keeper, or is it that no one is really buying it which is why this lens (sigma 70-200 2.8) does not or rarely shows up in the buy and sell?

    opinions on this lens?
    have a great day people

  2. #2

    Default Re: Sigma 70-200 2.8

    I bought mine after reading all about how good it is and how comparable it is to the Canon's version... I bought it at a time where I couldn't afford the white L...

    Now that I probably could afford an L, however, I still see no justification why I should sell my Sigma away as it's optics is still good... It has served me well for the past 3 years or so... still serving me well now...

    Some galleries which i used the Sigma 70-200mm f2.8
    (i) BIRD PARK
    (ii) NEW YEAR FIREWORKS
    (iii) STREET FESTIVAL 2004
    (iv) SYDNEY STREET SHOOT

    Cheers

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    I rarely see CSers selling this lens in the buy and sell...is this lens that good or are people just not buying it?

    Read some reviews and tested a few copies, in my opinion it is defintely in the league of canon's 70-200 2.8 non IS at a cheaper price. IS is not a factor for me since I usually shoot at higher shutter speeeds. therefore i'm wondering why it does not show up in the buy and sell, is it that good, a keeper, or is it that no one is really buying it which is why this lens (sigma 70-200 2.8) does not or rarely shows up in the buy and sell?

    opinions on this lens?
    have a great day people
    Jia Wang... "A photo is only as beautiful as the photographer's eyes can see."
    My Eyes ;)

  3. #3

    Default Re: Sigma 70-200 2.8

    you dun see people seeing cause not many people have bought it, so how to sell it in the second hand market?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Sigma 70-200 2.8

    Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    you dun see people seeing cause not many people have bought it, so how to sell it in the second hand market?
    brother Jia Wang bought it and found it to be a keeper. his pics are solid.
    any other opinions on this lens?
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...&cat=37&page=2

  5. #5

    Default Re: Sigma 70-200 2.8

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiisg View Post
    brother Jia Wang bought it and found it to be a keeper. his pics are solid.
    any other opinions on this lens?
    http://www.fredmiranda.com/reviews/s...&cat=37&page=2
    just one out of many who will not get the nikkor one, but this site does not prove whether people will buy and sell sigma lens also right?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Sigma 70-200 2.8

    Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    just one out of many who will not get the nikkor one, but this site does not prove whether people will buy and sell sigma lens also right?
    thanks for your opinion,
    this nor fred miranda is not out to prove anything and i am not asking for proof of anything. if you read what bro said, he found it to be a keeper meaning that for him, he chooses to keep it because the lens is that good. i used fred miranda because like other sites the lens has incredibly high reviews. in my opinion, proportionately to the seemingly many many people who have bought the tamron 17-50 2.8, it too hardly shows up for sell in the buy and sell in comparison to other lenses...but we know people buy this lens, it seems to be a keeper. however for this lens, it is not as clear cut as to the numbers or lack of numbers of people who have bought it, or not bought it which is why i asked the question.

    so again...is this lens really that good, which many reviews say it is,
    or is it that not many people have bought it regarding it's null presence in buy and sell.

    have a good day

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •