Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question on macro gear

Default Question on macro gear

Hi everyone , as my question as above mention , i have a tamron 90mm marco lens and i was wondering wat item i need to add to get more than 1:1 , some said TC and some told me to get ex tube set and closeup filter , iam confuse liao can anyone tell me thankyou

Default Re: Question on marco gear

Quote Originally Posted by noob sniper View Post
    Hi everyone , as my question as above mention , i have a tamron 90mm marco lens and i was wondering wat item i need to add to get more than 1:1 , some said TC and some told me to get ex tube set and closeup filter , iam confuse liao can anyone tell me thankyou
    TC will give you a longer working distance but not really more magnification and it will also set you back by 1 to 2 (1.4x or 2x TCs) stop of light. The tube will give you some magnification depending on the length of the tube. Close up filters also will give you more magnification. Both tube and closeup filters will make your focusing distance neared. With tube and/or closeup filter, you cannot focus at infinity whint with TC you can.

Combination of Tube and closeup filter can also be used. Join us for macro shoot and you will learn more than equipment only.

wish i got the time to join and learn from u guys too , hmmm was thinking can TC , ex tube and closeup filter can be use together as a combo ?

Deregistered

Seriously? Learn to shoot better first. And get the fullest out of your lens. What is wrong with having a 1:1 macro? It can do a lot. And that is probably more than what you can find around most of the threads in the Macros section. I've had my 90mm for years now, and there is still a lot more I can do with it before thinking into add-on gear.

Adding a TC will increase the magnification. If you are using a 2X TC with the Tamron 90mm, you will get a maximum magnification of 2:1.

I have tried using a Kenko 2X TC with the Tamron 90mm and got some extreme macro results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...C_07370001.jpg

BC

i ask the question on the behave of my wife as she like to do marco , me more on landscape

Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    Adding a TC will increase the magnification. If you are using a 2X TC with the Tamron 90mm, you will get a maximum magnification of 2:1.

I have tried using a Kenko 2X TC with the Tamron 90mm and got some extreme macro results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...C_07370001.jpg

BC
    wow thks for the sample pic , it reali help

Macro, not Marco. Make it correct on the first place.

Regards,
    Arto.

Blog Entries

who is this Marco guy and what gear does he have?

lol typo it marco alright

lol typo it marco alright
    You still got it wrong...

aiyo did it wrong again nvm lar as long u guys noe wat am i trying to ask can le btw hope more input from u guys abt the macro thingy like closeup filter , ex tube and tc combo thanks .

both the extension tube and tele converter let you get higher magnification although on a different contex. The Ex tube "reduce" your focus distance therefore higher magnification. And becuause it has no lens element, it will not affect image quailty in any way. While the TC has lens to magnify the image and will also slow down the lens (eg. if its 2X TC, then your f-stop will be increase by 1 stop). The advantage is you do not have to get closer to the subject (a good thing for insects) to get the magnification....

hope that helps......
    A Picture paints a thousand word.....

Quote Originally Posted by tunghk View Post
    both the extension tube and tele converter let you get higher magnification although on a different contex. The Ex tube "reduce" your focus distance therefore higher magnification. And becuause it has no lens element, it will not affect image quailty in any way. While the TC has lens to magnify the image and will also slow down the lens (eg. if its 2X TC, then your f-stop will be increase by 1 stop). The advantage is you do not have to get closer to the subject (a good thing for insects) to get the magnification....

hope that helps......
    thks tunghk for the explain here now i got a clearer idea abt the diff between ex tube and tc most properly will be getting the tc but wondering 1.4 or 2x

thks tunghk for the explain here now i got a clearer idea abt the diff between ex tube and tc most properly will be getting the tc but wondering 1.4 or 2x
    correction, 2x tc will lose 2stops of light, while 1.4x lose 1stop of light.
    and do note that not all lenses perform well with 2x lens, but there are some which are still very good even with it... ie 28-75 is 1 once stopped down to f4.

Default My Humble Rig

You can see the TC and the EX25 being used. Light is reduced, so a macro flash is useful (but not absolutely necessary). I also have a focusing rail on a sturdy head but light tripod, and a cable release. Other than that, a basic setup. For closeup filters, I have not managed to find a 500D for a 72mm thread in stock.

Default Re: My Humble Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
    You can see the TC and the EX25 being used. Light is reduced, so a macro flash is useful (but not absolutely necessary). I also have a focusing rail on a sturdy head but light tripod, and a cable release. Other than that, a basic setup. For closeup filters, I have not managed to find a 500D for a 72mm thread in stock.

Thks for the nice info abt setup , but i think the setup is too heavy for my wife , all i have now is a sb800 , tamron 90mm , tripod , cable release , will add in a 1.4 tc and a closeup filter too my setup wat do u guys think ?

Default Re: My Humble Rig

Thks for the nice info abt setup , but i think the setup is too heavy for my wife , all i have now is a sb800 , tamron 90mm , tripod , cable release , will add in a 1.4 tc and a closeup filter too my setup wat do u guys think ?
    Just tamron 90mm, SB800, tripod will do. If you need more magnification, can add tc or closeup filter, but the first setup will do mag 1:1.

Regards,
    Arto.

Default Re: Question on macro gear

just wondering what kinda flash is that? I'm a newbie at flash equipment

Default Re: Question on macro gear

Quote Originally Posted by garou12 View Post
    just wondering what kinda flash is that? I'm a newbie at flash equipment
    Macro flash. All major camera manufacturers have them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast