Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast

Thread: Pahang Trip on Good Friday Weekends

Which type of raincoat u guys recommend? Wanna get an ultra-compact but sturdy one, any brand and place to get?

Originally posted by tomshen
    Worried about the weather, hope no rain, at least not all-day rains.

btw, shall we bring torchlights?
    what suhaimig gave was weather forecast for Termeloh which lies in the middle of KL and Kuala Tahan, both of which are 3 hrs from Termeloh.

See this:

http://www.pahang.gov.my/tourism/tour-map.htm

Hope the weather forecast doesn't apply to where we are going - Kuala Tahan (Headquarter of Taman Negara).

Worried about the weather, hope no rain, at least not all-day rains.

btw, shall we bring torchlights?
    yeah i'm kinda worried about rain too. it'll be a real bomber if we got rained out on most days.

i packed my little Docter torchlight. it's small but very very bright. can use to take spotlight pictures hahaha.

For your info:

Useful Tips

The weather is generally hot and humid all year round. Temperatures ranges from 25 - 33 degrees Celsius.

Rainy season is between mid December to mid January.

Most appropriate clothing for the jungle are loose fitting cotton long sleeved shirts and long pants to help keep insects at bay.

Wear comfortable boots or sneakers

Helpful to bring along a first aid kit, torchlight and an insect repellent

Visitors are requested to help the Department of Wild Life preserve nature' beauty by keeping litter and noise pollution to the minimum.

Park guide charges between RM 150.00 - RM200.00 per day

Torchlight, camping, trekking gears and fishing equipments are available for rental at the Taman Negara Resort Recreation Centre.

Camera permit at RM5.00 per camera valid for one month.

Fishing permit is at RM10.00 valid for one month

Guide Notes for Trekkers & Campers

Heavy duty gear is recommended for if you intend stay 2 or more days in the jungle. Also if you are on long treks, keep your back packs a light as possible and plan the items that you need to carry.
    Leeches is generally not a major problem but they can be a real nuisance if the weather is wet or the ground is soggy. Insect repellent is normally sprayed on the socks and shoes to keep them at bay.
    The staff manning the Department of Wildlife at Taman Negara Resort should be able provide you with first hand information on the trekking route that you intend to embark on.
    Things to bring - as a general guide - first aid kit, 1 medium/small towel, bathing suite, joggers/walking shoes, slippers/flip-slops, jumper/hat, cups & plates, toiletries, clothing, sleeping bag, insect repellent, comfortable back pack, lighter, water bottle, raincoat and torchlight
    When choosing what clothes to bring, consider their weight (dry or wet!). Avoid

jeans, jacket and other bulky apparel.

Jungle Survival

Don't travel at night as visibility is low.
    Don't drink unboiled or stagnant water. If you have to, look for a moving stream with clear running water.
    Don't eat any fruits or plants unless you know they are edible.
    Don't leave camp without informing others.
    Don't stray away from other trekkers. Safety in numbers.
    Stay healthy. Don't take unnecessary risks like climbing rocks and trees.
    Important items that a trekker must possess - a large knife and waterproof matches or lighter.
    Check with your guide or expedition leader whether it is save to swim in the river. Rivers may look save but if there are heavy rain up stream, the river water level may swell in a very short time and can sweep away even a very strong swimmer.

Tips - if you get lost

If you are lost, back track and check your bearings before continuing.
    Stay put because it would be easier for the rescue teams to locate you than if you were to wander around aimlessly.
    Listen to the sounds of water, either stream of river. Follow it down stream until it leads you back to civilization.
    Always think of self-preservation and never take unnecessary risks.
    Try to leave some sort of mark along your path by systematically slashing leaves or tree barks so that you can find your way back if necessary.

Dun have any mood to work now but dane have to finish this part of the program by this afternoon!!!

Dun have any mood to work now but dane have to finish this part of the program by this afternoon!!!
    chill, my fren. think about it... in 24 hours time you'll either be shooting happily somewhere in Pahang, or lost in Malaysia with 5 other guys...

just kidding of course.

Looking at the watch!!!

Guys, I do hope that you all would enjoy the trip. Do post all the good shots so that we can be in awe of all those wonderful shots that you would be taking.

In addition, I also do hope that you all have found ways on how to waterproof all of your photo gear and film.

Other than that, HAVE A GREAT TIME....

Originally posted by agape01
    Guys, I do hope that you all would enjoy the trip. Do post all the good shots so that we can be in awe of all those wonderful shots that you would be taking.
    We will but we will leave this sacred job to Larry. He is a better shooter than the 5 of us put together!!!

Originally posted by agape01

In addition, I also do hope that you all have found ways on how to waterproof all of your photo gear and film.

Other than that, HAVE A GREAT TIME....
    Thanks... and who said there will be rain?
    Come to think of it, if there is no rain in the forest, then there would be no rainforest.

Originally posted by jasphotography
    We will but we will leave this sacred job to Larry. He is a better shooter than the 5 of us put together!!!
    huh?!?!?!? what the...?!?!? oy don't make me paiseh leh!!! i think i'm the most 'junior' shooter of the whole lot!!!

yet to produce decent works that i dare to show off...

we're baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

very tired, very stone, but happy.

now to develop my rolls, hopefully i get a few keepers.

Originally posted by Larry
    we're baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

very tired, very stone, but happy.

now to develop my rolls, hopefully i get a few keepers.
    I am so dame proud of you Larry as you have come a long way, baby!

It would be perfect had Suhaimig caved in with us and yourself or your knee rather made it to the top of Teresek Hill

But still, a lifetime experience and an enjoyable trip with you guys. Let us do it again some time in the near future ya...

Great, my slides would be ready by this afternoon!!!

I am so dame proud of you Larry as you have come a long way, baby!

It would be perfect had Suhaimig caved in with us and yourself or your knee rather made it to the top of Teresek Hill

But still, a lifetime experience and an enjoyable trip with you guys. Let us do it again some time in the near future ya...

Great, my slides would be ready by this afternoon!!!
    yeah man.... i got the "battle scars" to show for it. and my knee still hurts from the mountain climbing.

wah you sent in your slides to develop already ah? i too stone to sort them out... probably gonna do it tomorrow. quite excited to see them.

so, how? shall we meet up for a photo sharing/swapping session this weekend?

yeah man.... i got the "battle scars" to show for it. and my knee still hurts from the mountain climbing.
    Taman Negara - where boys returned as men

wah you sent in your slides to develop already ah? i too stone to sort them out... probably gonna do it tomorrow. quite excited to see them.
    Ya, dropped the slides to RGB at 12 noon. Ready to collect at 3pm.

so, how? shall we meet up for a photo sharing/swapping session this weekend?
    Tentatively planned on this coming Saturday at 2pm, subjecting to all able to attend.

Tentatively planned on this coming Saturday at 2pm, subjecting to all able to attend.
    i'm ok for Sat 2 pm... guess the rest are still sleeping...

should i post up a new thread and open it up to every1?

We make it!!!!! Mission Completed! Now is time to process the photo..........

Ya.. Learn a few pointer or two from all the experts.

Didn't know all have a fairly long time into photography.

Though most of us have slightly different shooting style. Glad we can accomodate each other. Think that's the most impt.

Got the slide.. but nothing much to shout abt. Though didn't really get much good shot, the whole experience is very rewarding.

The bat's guano, the thousand step to the teresek hill, the swinging canopy walk bridge and the foot-massaging pebbles.

Maybe we should do this again.

Sounds real fun. So what is the total cost of this trip(non-photography related expenditures like transportation, food, lodgings)?

Originally posted by Falcon
    Sounds real fun. So what is the total cost of this trip(non-photography related expenditures like transportation, food, lodgings)?
    it was a package thing, lodging, food, travel, all included. costs us $250.

i'm ok for Sat 2 pm...

should i post up a new thread and open it up to every1?
    I think there is not a need for a new thread as practically all of us now know it would be this Saturday 2pm.

On a different note, I came back to work today and they said I looked stoned! Went to toilet mirror and checked, yeah indeed ...

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 478910 LastLast