Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pahang Trip on Good Friday Weekends

I check with an agency tour in KL that we have to email them to make the reservation. There's no problem getting rooms in Taman Negara Resort during this period. A shuttle bus would be taking us from Istana Hotel Lobby in KL at 8.00am on 18th. The package is as the following:

FREE & EASY PACKAGE - For all markets
    FREE & EASY
    Prices in Ringgit Malaysia per person

* Subject to 10% service charge & 5% government tax*

3 Days 2 Nights
    Single Supplement On Sharing Basis Comments Extension Night

per room

Dormitory (with breakfasts)
    N/A RM 230.00 Eight person per dorm room RM 50.00 per bed
    Standard Guest House
    RM 435.00 RM 315.00 Twin Share RM 185.00
    Superior Chalet
    RM 535.00 RM 335.00 Twin Share RM 245.00
    Package includes :

* Return van/coach transfers from Kuala Lumpur

* Return boat transfers

* 2 nights accommodations

Notes:

Compulsory Breakfast at RM 29 nett per adult per meal / RM 18 nett per child (age 4-12yrs)

Packages is ex-Kuala Lumpur and includes land and boat transfers. As the package is free & easy, no itinerary is offered.

For suggestions on activities please refer to The Parks' Info Page

All rooms are air conditioned except Dormitory

Rates subject to change without notice.

Package rate valid until 31st December 2003

The only problem we have now is to get a coach my Singapore to KL on 17th night. If we can get a bus to KL, let say at 9.30pm from singapore. we would reach KL by 6 to 7 hours. Or get a bus from JB.

so, if i'm reading this right, we still need to confirm seats to KL on 17th night right? since accomodation is not a problem at all it.

Yes brother, you are right.

Let's get these god damn bus tickets!!!!

Originally posted by suhaimig
    Yes brother, you are right.
    thanks bro!

Actually I have another package that is similar to what suihaming is suggesting.. But considering in the park ticket and ticket to those cave and canopy walk etc. It will be more expensive.

We just need to get those coach ticket!!

I have asked whether willn there be any "additional" bus going on that night since it is full house but they dun know the answer too...

don't suppose any1 drives or got access to a private car rite? i'm willing to take turns driving if the possibility is there...

Hi all,

I have called the Agent in JB and this is the information I have gathered...

We can travel by bus...

From Johor Bahru Larkin Bus (38 Seaters) Terminal to Termerloh.
    Departure : 1100 pm, arrive at Temerloh 5 am morning.

Breakfast at 7 am

From Termerloh to Tembeling Jetty by Van
    Departure : 8 am, arrive at Tembeling Jetty at 9 am.

From Tembeling Jetty to Taman Negara by boat
    Departure: 9 am, arrive at Taman Negara at 12 pm

We will still reach Taman Negara at 12 pm as before if we were to travel by train in our original itinerary. Now, the only difference is more time will be spent in coach travelling though...

So, if everyone agrees to the above plan, please let me know ASAP in this thread as the coach's seat availability is pretty scarce.
    We need to effect full payment before the agent can buy the coach tickets for us.
    Last edited by jasphotography; 7th April 2003 at 05:34 PM.

Jas, u have my permission to decide on behalf of me as long as:

we depart on 17 April so won't waste one full day.

Originally posted by jasphotography
    From Johor Bahru Larkin Bus (38 Seaters) Terminal to Termerloh.
    Departure : 1100 pm, arrive at Temerloh 5 am morning.
    so we depart @ 11pm at night on the 17th (Thursday)? just being a bit anal, but is it hard to get to Larkin Terminal?

i'm ok with this arrangement if you guys don't think it's hard to get there. just a bit of concern on my side cos the coach arrangement seems a bit... iffy, if you know what i mean.

but thanks binbeto, jasphoto and suhaimig for following up on this.

Originally posted by tomshen
    Jas, u have my permission to decide on behalf of me as long as:

we depart on 17 April so won't waste one full day.
    Ya, that's what I thought also... I don't think it is time-effective or advisable to travel during the day, be it morning or afternoon.

Originally posted by Larry
    so we depart @ 11pm at night on the 17th (Thursday)? just being a bit anal, but is it hard to get to Larkin Terminal?

i'm ok with this arrangement if you guys don't think it's hard to get there. just a bit of concern on my side cos the coach arrangement seems a bit... iffy, if you know what i mean.

but thanks binbeto, jasphoto and suhaimig for following up on this.
    Yes, depart at 11pm at night on the 17th (Thursday). You read me correctly loud & clear

As for getting to JB Larkin Terminal, it shouldn't be a problem. I will assume it should be pretty near to the custom. We can always take a taxi there, can we?

What's your concern regarding the coach arrangement? I would like to know as I have never "coached" before from JB

Originally posted by jasphotography
    What's your concern regarding the coach arrangement? I would like to know as I have never "coached" before from JB
    oops sorry i don't mean the coach from Larkin Bus Terminal to Termerloh... i mean, getting to Larkin itself. coaches are fine with me (i find them more comfy than trains actually).

the arrangement's fine. don't think it's that big a problem getting to Larkin either (although i don't have the foggiest idea where it is). 6 big grown men, lugging tripods and backpacks, shouldn't get lost right?

I agree with the arrangement. Jas.

My suggestion, if we going to prevent the hastle with our tripod and bags. I suggest that six of us can take the malaysia's cab from Rochor Road bus terminal. The last time I took the rate is at S$15.00 per person. I thinked, we need two cabs.

What have you all say?

Originally posted by suhaimig
    My suggestion, if we going to prevent the hastle with our tripod and bags. I suggest that six of us can take the malaysia's cab from Rochor Road bus terminal. The last time I took the rate is at S$15.00 per person. I thinked, we need two cabs.
    $15 per person?!?!? wah that's killer man...

but i guess no choice. it's pretty near my office so i can go straight. and i agree, need 2 cabs, to take us 6 with all the gear.

I belive the JB terminal is the same terminal that sing-JB express stop. Will get jasphot0 to check it out.

We can take a bus from Rochor and it cost a few dollar. The $15 mention is for a Cab(shared by 3 person). Should be more worthy if we share cab.

For a 11pm coach, call me paranoid, but let's meet 9pm at Rochor. 2 hours should be enuff.

Try to get ready the day before.

Anyone in charge of 1st aids kits like handiplast and some panadol?

Everyone go check ur passport expriy now.

I think we should take note that we are leaving on eve of GoodFriday, we should expect a long queue. And if we take the bus, we have to stop and queue again at the emigration. Two hours may be short, I think. And also expected our luggage and camera bags to have thorough search. For those carrying a tripod, I suggest carring the case. Do not exposed the tripod.

I think we should meet again to have discussion. this is a photography trip, every one of us has a own style, we should discuss on the subject, equipments, first aid, ways of approach at a location of shooting, to have better understanding of each other need, etc....

I hope we have a pleasant trip.

Guy's due to the current situatioin in avoiding too many people seating in the same bus or public transport.

I suggest we share a cab will be a better way and we can have more relax time to get a good rest. Just pay a little more but we less worry......

Originally posted by Agpx4
    Guy's due to the current situatioin in avoiding too many people seating in the same bus or public transport.

I suggest we share a cab will be a better way and we can have more relax time to get a good rest. Just pay a little more but we less worry......
    We have thought of that when we can't get the coach in Singapore.

However, we might not be able to find a cab driver that wants to make this journey. It is 4-5 hours of driving.

We think it will be difficult to find someone who will drive us there at night too..

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast