Thread: Software for viewing part of photos in slideshow

Default Software for viewing part of photos in slideshow

I'm looking for a software application that can zoom in on a part of an image and then keep that setting while browsing through several images. I need this to comfortably view small changes in photos for an animated project I'm working on. This functionality is all I need. Is there any application that is capable of this? (zoom in on part of image - hold that zoom - browse)

Thanks!

Default Re: Software for viewing part of photos in slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by jakkan View Post
    I'm looking for a software application that can zoom in on a part of an image and then keep that setting while browsing through several images. I need this to comfortably view small changes in photos for an animated project I'm working on. This functionality is all I need. Is there any application that is capable of this? (zoom in on part of image - hold that zoom - browse)

Thanks!
    acdsee... but its not free.

Thanks for the fast and spot-on help. I downloaded the trial version of acdsee. Awesome application! It does just what I was looking for. But it also blurs the images when I open them. I want the images to stay crisp so I can work with precision. Is there any way I can turn of the blurriness?

is there an option to interpolate the images? maybe that's causing the blur...

Lightroom can do that.

can you give me exactly of this software, or if the ACDSee, what's version?

thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by boydidream View Post
    can you give me exactly of this software, or if the ACDSee, what's version?

thanks alot
    It's Acdsee 8.1 build 99. I've found something called resampling algorithm, which changes the sharpness of the images, but there are only three options /bicubic/bilinear/nearest neighbor and they all blur the pixels together... I haven't found any "normal mode" or something like that. It would be very nice if someone with more experience and expertise could find it.

Thanks again!

It's Acdsee 8.1 build 99. I've found something called resampling algorithm, which changes the sharpness of the images, but there are only three options /bicubic/bilinear/nearest neighbor and they all blur the pixels together... I haven't found any "normal mode" or something like that. It would be very nice if someone with more experience and expertise could find it.

Thanks again!
    Nearest neighbour will give you the sharpest, since it means effectively no interpolation. You can tell when you zoom to > 100%, e.g. 200% or 300%. The edges should look really blocky.

There is reviews on slide show software
    http://www.softsea.com/rss/Photo-Slide-Show.xml

Thanks for the fast and spot-on help. I downloaded the trial version of acdsee. Awesome application! It does just what I was looking for. But it also blurs the images when I open them. I want the images to stay crisp so I can work with precision. Is there any way I can turn of the blurriness?
    1st thing to note, are you sure that our original photos are sharp at 100% crop? if not, you will just be looking at blurred images...

i have gt no problem viewing 100% crop with ACDsee, and bonus point is that the loading speed is superb.