Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Default Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Originally posted by ninelives

aiyo, who started AF ?? Minolta.
    who started wireless TTL ??? Minolta.
    Actually Minolta stole AF technology from Honeywell, the US based instrumentation and computer manufactuer, who despite never having produced an AF camera just happen to own the core patents for AF.

Minolta was sued by Honeywell for Intelectual Proprtey rights infringement and Minolta not only lost the case but paid out 128 million USD to Honeywell. Honeywell then sued a further 8 camera manufacturers and reclaimed 124 million USD.

So there we have it, more BS from Minolta about who really started AF.

As for wireless TTL, I may be wrong but I seem to recall Olympus having wireless TTL control back in the early 1980s with the T32? flash unit.
    Last edited by Ian; 18th March 2002 at 03:35 AM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Hmm I did read all the posts and I did not see the Olympus brand in any of your comments..

The C2100 and the 100 RS even as Olympus cameras uses the IS and the aspherical lens patent of Canon, yes by legal license from Canon.
    So does this option of sharing technology makes the Olympus to look less creative than the other companies?
    Olympus C2100 X3 - E100RS - C220
    IS/L lenses ALL :-D

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Originally posted by Ian

Actually Minolta stole AF technology from Honeywell, the US based instrumentation and computer manufactuer, who despite never having produced an AF camera just happen to own the core patents for AF.

Minolta was sued by Honeywell for Intelectual Proprtey rights infringement and Minolta not only lost the case but paid out 128 million USD to Honeywell. Honeywell then sued a further 8 camera manufacturers and reclaimed 124 million USD.

So there we have it, more BS from Minolta about who really started AF.

As for wireless TTL, I may be wrong but I seem to recall Olympus having wireless TTL control back in the early 1980s with the T32? flash unit.
    Hoh hohohohh...
    hehheheee....
    Now we know the truth,..........
    Or is it?

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Hoh hohohohh...
    hehheheee....
    Now we know the truth,..........
    Or is it?
    Hehe like I said I might be wrong about the Olympus wireless TTL as I'm working from memories that are 20 yrs old, based on an Olypus seminar I attended in '81 or '82 and without the paperwork from the seminar which was long ago consigned to the circular filing cabinet.

On the Minolta Claim to AF:

Honeywell is only now reaching the end of a long, costly patent-infringement suit against Minolta Camera for using the autofocus technology that Honeywell invented and patented.

Reference: The Boston Globe Feb 5th 1991

qed.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Originally posted by Ian

Actually Zeiss do make spectacle lenses, frames and contact lenses

zeiss opthmology products

hmmm...can try. should be very good

but too bad i not wearing spect

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Originally posted by Ian

Hehe like I said I might be wrong about the Olympus wireless TTL as I'm working from memories that are 20 yrs old, based on an Olypus seminar I attended in '81 or '82 and without the paperwork from the seminar which was long ago consigned to the circular filing cabinet.

On the Minolta Claim to AF:

Honeywell is only now reaching the end of a long, costly patent-infringement suit against Minolta Camera for using the autofocus technology that Honeywell invented and patented.

Reference: The Boston Globe Feb 5th 1991

qed.
    OIC...... .. .. . .

Bad bad minolta.... hehhehe
    *Going to kana from 9 on this..... hehhehehhe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234