Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Originally posted by Kho King

Oops...we forgot to include Minolta in the "discussion"...but still, I don't think Minolta is a leader in lens or camera technology now, no matter how good it is in the past.
    Wwooooo....

A war is coming.... I can sensed it in the air............

Minolta? Who are they? Don't they make photocopiers?

Originally posted by erwinx
    you seem to be describing a stereotypical singaporean holiday of rush here-rush there see the maximum amount of tourist traps in the minimum amount of time.

Personally, I got lots of time on my holidays to set up my tripod while waiting to take in a beautiful sunset or sunrise.

The rest of the flamebait I won't touch....

agreed! brought me tripod on ALL my overseas trips (shopping and sightseeing ones). that includes half of australia, west-coastal cities of the US, Japan, Hong Kong, BangKok, into the rainforests of Malaysia, up waterfalls, down rivers and into canyons and caves. it's indispensable cause you really don't know when you'll need it and you'll pat yourself on your back when you do use it.

case in point: was too lazy to bring out my tripod on one of my day trips to the Bridge on River Kwai. BIG MISTAKE. missed out on some equisite cave shots along the way. ended up taking shots with my digital camera with the aid of a flash. Could get none of the effects i wanted.

all boils down to what kinda shots you wanna take.

Originally posted by Jed

Minolta? Who are they? Don't they make photocopiers?

No, you don't get it. Canon make printers ! Their printers is like..erm..well....

Last edited by ninelives; 12th March 2002 at 12:26 PM.

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Originally posted by Bluestrike

Wwooooo....

A war is coming.... I can sensed it in the air............
    I thought we are in the middle of the war already? come on...which side are you in?
    DR KOH KHO KING

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

I thought we are in the middle of the war already? come on...which side are you in?
    Well...... I on Sigma side!!!!

Hhehhehee

Originally posted by ninelives

No, you don't get it. Canon make printers ! Their printers is like..erm..well....

Canon Printers? With perhaps the exception of the new S series, Yucks.

Regards
    CK

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

i am behind your backside. When a command is given, i will kick ya at anytime.

ROUND 2

FIGHT

Originally posted by nicholas1986
    i don't think people will want to go on a holiday with a tripod (it takes time to mount and you know that holiday trips are very short of time)
    i saw this guy on my last holiday trip he is holding a 35-80mm lens and A TRIPOD. then after the third day i never see he use a tripod already
    Nope, I carry my tripod even if I'm on a guided tour. Takes less than 20 sec to setup. And usually, I had it setup liao, so only need to extend the legs. Plus, I'm carry a 70-200mm f2.8 lens. What is a 35-80mm?

Also, if you want good pictures, a tripod is a MUST.
    Please note, tripod is not a mere 'accessory'. It is as important as the camera itself, if not more. It is not merely complementary. It is a very impt part of every photographers equipment.

Originally posted by Shadus

Nope, I carry my tripod even if I'm on a guided tour. Takes less than 20 sec to setup. And usually, I had it setup liao, so only need to extend the legs. Plus, I'm carry a 70-200mm f2.8 lens. What is a 35-80mm?

Also, if you want good pictures, a tripod is a MUST.
    Please note, tripod is not a mere 'accessory'. It is as important as the camera itself, if not more. It is not merely complementary. It is a very impt part of every photographers equipment.
    Shadus, you are using Gitzo CF, so weight is not a problem

I am using Gitzo also but not CF.

Anyway, I will try to bring a tripod if going oversea.

Finally, can gitzo crash a Canon SLR camrea?

camera1001
    Guests

Hey guys. I think at the end of the day you should ask yourself what works for you and what doesn't. Why not shoot more and decide? The technology is there. Whether you get good pictures or not to a certain extent does depend on whether you have IS, USM, 1/8000 shutter, etc or not. But the final crunch comes from the skills of the photographer. (I've seen flash photography by photographers with Nikon system that sucks full-time, and others who use IS lenses still with blurred subjects. These people prob love debating what they have but they don't fully understand the technology behind it. In other words, they know how to talk more than they shoot.)

No offence intended, but I feel arguing and debating in forums which camera system is better is just camera collectors' favorite past-time.

Originally posted by ninelives

Anyway, I will try to bring a tripod if going oversea.
    Good then you bring I don't need to bring liao!

Originally posted by camera1001
    Hey guys. I think at the end of the day you should ask yourself what works for you and what doesn't. Why not shoot more and decide? The technology is there. Whether you get good pictures or not to a certain extent does depend on whether you have IS, USM, 1/8000 shutter, etc or not. But the final crunch comes from the skills of the photographer. (I've seen flash photography by photographers with Nikon system that sucks full-time, and others who use IS lenses still with blurred subjects. These people prob love debating what they have but they don't fully understand the technology behind it. In other words, they know how to talk more than they shoot.)

No offence intended, but I feel arguing and debating in forums which camera system is better is just camera collectors' favorite past-time.
    Well, this is what make life interesting... but too much of it can still cause more harm then good!

u big bully.

If I bring you no bring...then I use you no use... once you use...u carry all the time...
    DR KOH KHO KING

Originally posted by erwinx
    you seem to be describing a stereotypical singaporean holiday of rush here-rush there see the maximum amount of tourist traps in the minimum amount of time.

Personally, I got lots of time on my holidays to set up my tripod while waiting to take in a beautiful sunset or sunrise.

The rest of the flamebait I won't touch....

are you those sort of backpacker
    i believe those got time

Originally posted by Kit

Hey!!! You don't seriously believe that you can handheld a 1 sec exposure and still come out with a sharp pic using IS do you? No such things lah!!! When I was still using my 28-135, the slowest I can go with IS was about 1/30 or 1/20 at the most. To lead you to think that you can handheld at 1 sec, Canon's marketing is doing a damn great job me think.
    well maybe

Originally posted by rochkoh

agreed! brought me tripod on ALL my overseas trips (shopping and sightseeing ones). that includes half of australia, west-coastal cities of the US, Japan, Hong Kong, BangKok, into the rainforests of Malaysia, up waterfalls, down rivers and into canyons and caves. it's indispensable cause you really don't know when you'll need it and you'll pat yourself on your back when you do use it.

case in point: was too lazy to bring out my tripod on one of my day trips to the Bridge on River Kwai. BIG MISTAKE. missed out on some equisite cave shots along the way. ended up taking shots with my digital camera with the aid of a flash. Could get none of the effects i wanted.

all boils down to what kinda shots you wanna take.
    well i still think that a tripod though it is good, it is something that is very troublesome

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Go for Technology or Better Optics

Well...... I on Sigma side!!!!

Hhehhehee
    me also

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast