Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Adobe Camera RAW : wow but....

  1. #1

    Default Adobe Camera RAW : wow but....

    Hi All,

    anyone using the above plug in yet for their photoshop 7? I've been testing the RAW conversion. All I get say is that the speed is amazing and the colors darn good compared to Canon's convertor and even breezebrowser.

    However, I can't seem to behave like a batch process /action with it. Anyone knows how to implement it as an action yet?

    Rgds.

    Lionel

  2. #2
    popup
    Guests

    Default

    hi
    check this movie here from adobe's website

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    209

    Default

    That cool's

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally posted by popup
    hi
    check this movie here from adobe's website
    It's Russell Brown alright. The guy know Photoshop since version 0.9 (when it's shipped with Barney Scan). He is great teacher and entertainer! Remember he doesn't like PC at all...

    P.S. Never seen version 0.9 before, the first version I ever seen was 1.0.7
    Last edited by oeyvind; 24th March 2003 at 12:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    East, Singapore
    Posts
    79

    Default

    US$99 for a 2.7MB file?!! daylight robbery... !!!

    is there any other application or program that i can use to perform the same action?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Adobe Camera RAW : wow but....

    Originally posted by Java_Guru
    Hi All,

    anyone using the above plug in yet for their photoshop 7? I've been testing the RAW conversion. All I get say is that the speed is amazing and the colors darn good compared to Canon's convertor and even breezebrowser.

    However, I can't seem to behave like a batch process /action with it. Anyone knows how to implement it as an action yet?

    Rgds.

    Lionel
    I agree, i also find the colour of adobe camera raw much pleasing to my eye compare to nikon capture 3.5.

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by mrbunglez
    US$99 for a 2.7MB file?!! daylight robbery... !!!

    is there any other application or program that i can use to perform the same action?
    Wait for the next version of Photoshop loh, it should be built in.

  8. #8

    Default

    To highlight, the speed and response on the preview is at least 3-5x faster with the Adobe Camera RAW compared to others.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    345

    Thumbs up

    The about software had been post out full download some time ago.

  10. #10

    Thumbs up

    This adobe Raw plugin seriously speeds up my raw editing and conversion workflow.

    Previously with Nikon Capture 3.51, my cpu was working like hell just switching from a simple compensation stepup or down. But now with this adobe plugin, raw file editing experience has been enhanced.

    But of course, if you own a super fast pentium 4 or a xeon config, nikon capture 3 will still be as smooth.

    My current PC is only a PIII 600mhz.

  11. #11
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Urm where can I get this RAW plugin? Do you folks mean to say with it, I can convert nikon REF (RAW) images into tiff or jpgs?

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by espn
    Urm where can I get this RAW plugin? Do you folks mean to say with it, I can convert nikon REF (RAW) images into tiff or jpgs?
    Go Adobe site and pay and download it.

    USD 99... worth every penny.

    http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html

  13. #13

    Default

    Hummm now I'm seriously interested if it is really faster than Nikon capture 3

  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by YellowTang
    Hummm now I'm seriously interested if it is really faster than Nikon capture 3
    It IS!

  15. #15

    Default

    Originally posted by espn
    Urm where can I get this RAW plugin? Do you folks mean to say with it, I can convert nikon REF (RAW) images into tiff or jpgs?
    It converts all popular RAW formats including canon and nikon ones...

    faster and better than their native ones.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Down-Below, Babylon 5
    Posts
    90

    Default

    it is worth every penny because Adobe didn't base their converter on any of the RAW, NEF or other SDKs (partially to avoid paying royalties maybe?).

    It is all from the ground up and optimized. a very polished piece of programming.

  17. #17

    Default

    BUY BUY BUY

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •