Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Ben Foster will reportedly replace Edwin van der Sar as Man U's first-choice keeper next season. SAF lost patience with VDS's blunder at Wembley?

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...139886,00.html
    Yeah i find it a bit weird too. We have Tomasz Kuszczak and Ben Foster and Tom Healy?

Ben Foster needs to be given a chance. But I think VDS will be no1 for next season.

Among all youngsters, Foster have the most experience with 2 years at Watford. Followed by Rossi. I think he also have to make it at Man Utd this season, if not, I think he will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by WHH View Post
    ManU did not get the Double

But I got mine

how ?.......go eBay n buy lor

Why dun u buy the CL as well? Treble mah!

Wolverhampton Wanderers sold for £10!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Why dun u buy the CL as well? Treble mah!

Wolverhampton Wanderers sold for £10!
    hmmm......like the real thing, doing the Treble is not easy.
    Nevertheless that is my target for next season

hmmm......like the real thing, doing the Treble is not easy.
    Nevertheless that is my target for next season
    Just wondering, how much it cost u? Looks very nice and well made. Cute also.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Just wondering, how much it cost u? Looks very nice and well made. Cute also.
    Well in fact the epl cup is bought a couple of years back locally , cost about S$40.
    The FA cup is from ebay ( seller in UK ) which cost about S$50 with shipping.
    In fact i receive it on the Sat of the FA cup final.
    Too bad Manu did not make it that day...

1 dangerous man is all it takes to beat liverpool....
    Photo Album - Photo Album

3 english teams in the Champion's League Semi-Finals...yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    1 dangerous man is all it takes to beat liverpool....
    With Pippo around he is always a threat!

And wif liverpool's jinx ref(liverpool fail to win any of their matches when he is in charge ) harder for them to win......

Quote Originally Posted by feimao07 View Post
    3 english teams in the Champion's League Semi-Finals...yet...
    Does that mean that the english team is not of Championship Material??????

Oh well at least we've got the EPL ....anyway the season is over ......

07/08 season here we come!!!

Bale bound for Tottenham

Reports suggest Southampton defender Gareth Bale is set for a medical at Tottenham, with a view to joining the Londoners in the next few days.

The 17-year-old Welsh international has allegedly been the subject of interest from United and Arsenal as well as Martin Jol's side, and Southampton's failure to secure promotion to the Premiership via the play-offs seems to have paved the way for his departure.

Sir Alex Ferguson's interest in Bale was a recurring transfer rumour throughout last season as the teenager turned in a string of top performances for club and country.

Previously, Southampton boss George Burley had expressed his desire to keep hold of the highly-promising defender, who can also play further forward.

"The position has not changed," he told www.saintsfc.co.uk. "I want to keep him for at least another season and we will be speaking to him, his family and his agent in the next week or so to see how they feel about it."

"It would do him good to stay another year and to play regularly, but we need to discuss things with his advisors."

It now seems Bale's ambition for top flight football will take him to White Hart Lane.

Foster out of friendly

Ben Foster will miss the chance to gain more international experience after pulling out of the England B squad to face Albania on Friday.

The United goalkeeper, who spent the last two seasons on loan at Watford, aggravated a knee injury and has been ruled out by England manager Steve McClaren.

With Foster's withdrawal leaving Tottenham stopper Paul Robinson as the squad's only fit goalkeeper, reinforcements have been drafted in.

West Ham's Robert Green and Liverpool custodian Scott Carson have both been called up, and will vie with Robinson for a starting berth in Friday's clash at Turf Moor.

Midfielder Owen Hargreaves, strongly linked with a move to United this week, is also expected to sit out the Albania test with a minor knee injury.

After Foster's withdrawal, striker Alan Smith is United's sole representative in the B squad as he aims for his first international appearance since October 2005.
    Norway call-up for Solskjaer

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been called up to Norway's squad for June's Euro 2008 qualifiers against Malta and Hungary.

The veteran striker bagged 11 goals for United last season, and returns after missing his country's disappointing displays against Bosnia-Herzegovina and Turkey in March.

Solskjaer was absent with a knee injury as Age Hareide's side slipped to a 2-1 home defeat against Bosnia before surrendering a lead to draw 2-2 in the Ataturk Olympic Stadium.

Norway sit fourth in Group C and will be hoping for inspiration from Solskjaer, who has averaged a goal in every three international appearances.

His two most recent strikes came last September as Norway began their qualifying campaign with a thumping 4-1 win in Hungary

Review: Gary Neville

"At the start of the season we were ready to go, but few people gave us a chance."
    - Gary Neville

The only real disappointment to be taken from United’s thrilling title charge was the fact we were missing our inspirational captain for the final stages of the campaign. Gary Neville suffered ankle ligament damage just 11 minutes into the visit of Bolton to Old Trafford on 17 March, an appearance that was to be his last of the season.

But if he wasn’t able to influence matters on the pitch, you can be sure his presence was felt in the dressing rooms and from the stands. No-one, but no-one, wants United to win more than Gary Neville.

It was this never-say-die attitude that made him the perfect candidate to take over as skipper when Roy Keane left in November 2005. His joy at lifting his first piece of silverware three months later – the Carling Cup secured in the easy win over Wigan – was there for all to see, but deep down you knew there was one trophy he had always dreamt of getting his hands on as captain. The Premiership.

Neville played 24 league games this season but was still voted into the PFA Premiership team of the season, despite missing more than a third of the campaign in total. To see his season disrupted by injury was a big blow but there were some obvious highlights, not least doing the double over old rivals Liverpool with the last-gasp win at Anfield a real moment to savour.

John O’Shea was the one who grabbed the winner in the last minute at the Kop, but there’s no doubt Gary has substituted the Irishman for himself in a few daydreams since then.

Another memorable moment, and one for the family album, came on 29 November when he lined up alongside brother Phil in the centre-circle before the game. This was the first time two siblings had ever captained opposing sides in top flight English football but ever the big brother, Gary led United to an easy 3-0 victory.

So that picture will no doubt be displayed prominently in the Neville family home, but even greater pride of place will go to the picture of Gary lifting the Premiership trophy at Old Trafford, securing his place in United’s history and following in the footsteps of Red legends from days gone by.

Club statement on Malaysia match

Manchester United has had a series of meetings today with the Malaysian Youth and Sports Ministry, The Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) and the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) concerning the planned match in Kuala Lumpur on 27 July 2007.

This match is a key element of the Malaysian Government’s celebrations of its 50 years of independence and presents a marvellous opportunity for us to play in front of our many Malaysian fans.

Unfortunately new information has come to the Club’s attention today concerning the FAM’s agreement with the AFC to act as host for the Asian Cup, which means the Club cannot play the game without the official approval of the AFC.

The Club hopes that the issues can be resolved by the relevant parties to ensure that this celebration match can take place as planned.

A further announcement will be made in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Does that mean that the english team is not of Championship Material??????

Oh well at least we've got the EPL ....anyway the season is over ......

07/08 season here we come!!!
    i think its more on tactics. english attack is too predictable, its either whack long shot or the wingers cross in. while spanish and italians attack mainly from center which i feel is harder to stop.
    and most english strikers only know how to do 1 thing, WHACKING THE BALL (worse thing is only 10% of those shots are accurate).
    they hardly round the keeper or place shots which is more lethal....
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Inzaghi Classic goal by him.

Well in fact the epl cup is bought a couple of years back locally , cost about S$40.
    The FA cup is from ebay ( seller in UK ) which cost about S$50 with shipping.
    In fact i receive it on the Sat of the FA cup final.
    Too bad Manu did not make it that day...
    Wow that is quite a bit but the Treble is priceless!

Papers: Tussle for Gaby?

Spaniards Join Chase For Heinze
    Gabriel Heinze could be on his way to Spain after Villarreal entered the race for the Manchester United defender. Juventus remain the favourites to land the £4million-rated Argentina left-back, whose three-year spell at United looks set to come to an end this summer. But Villarreal are interested in signing Heinze who, despite starting the FA Cup Final ahead of Patrice Evra, looks to have played his last game for Sir Alex Ferguson.
    David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

Various reports suggest that newly-appointed Sheffield United manager Bryan Robson will try to make United winger Kieran Richardson his first signing at Bramall Lane.

All the tabloids claim Tottenham are leading the race for alleged United target Gareth Bale, although the Sun suggests that Ryan Giggs will try to persuade his Welsh international colleague to move to Old Trafford.
    Wow ...din know so many int in Gaby!

Keeper plays down transfer talk

Scottish international goalkeeper Craig Gordon insists he will not demand to leave Hearts, despite interest from a host of top clubs.

United are one of the surprise names being linked with a big money move for the Jam Tarts' skipper, who is valued at around £8million.

"The ball is very much in their (Hearts') court," Gordon told Hearts World. "I still have two years left on my contract and I'm not banging down the door asking to get away," said Gordon.

"It's entirely up to them. If they decide to cash in on me and take some money for me, then that's their prerogative and I'll listen to whatever offer comes in, but if it's a good offer for me I'll be happy for that.

"If it's not, I'll look forward to the start of the new season here. There's no rush for anybody, me or any of the clubs."

BBC Sport suggested on Sunday that Sir Alex Ferguson was considering a big-money summer bid for Gordon, who has also attracted interest from Bayern Munich and Arsenal.

Review: Patrice Evra

"This season the star is not the player - it is the team."
    - Patrice Evra

What a turnaround it’s been for the French left-back. After an inauspicious first season at Old Trafford, during which he struggled to get to grips with both the British game and the lifestyle, Patrice Evra has shown his true capabilities this time round.

Having spent his first summer in Manchester working on building up his physical strength, the Senegalese-born defender set about proving the doubters wrong at the start of the 2006/07 campaign.

Solid in the tackle and bursting with endeavour to get forward, Evra has excelled during his prolonged run in the back four this season, making over 20 league appearances despite niggling injuries and competition for a starting berth from Gabriel Heinze and Mikael Silvestre.

Aside from his combative defensive skills, Evra’s boundless energy has impacted in the final third of the field, too. His attacking attributes, borne from his former days as a striker, played a vital role in scoring his first United goal, against Everton at the end of November.

“I remember looking around the stadium as I ran away to celebrate and thinking ‘Wow!’” he recalls. “It’s difficult to describe how I felt at that moment, having 76,000 people celebrate with me, but it made me want to score more goals!”

Evra’s impressive form continued into the new year and his attacking exploits once again proved fruitful during the Reds’ inaugural trip to the Emirates Stadium towards the end of January. Bombing forward down the left, he collected Cristiano Ronaldo’s pass and crossed for Rooney to head the opener.

Although United eventually lost, it was another polished display from the French international, who delighted United’s travelling army with an audacious two-touch nutmeg which left Gunners’ midfielder Alexander Hleb red-faced.

“It’s something I used to do at Monaco,” says United’s Man of the Match on the day. “It’s my favourite trick because nobody expects it. Cristiano came up to me afterwards and said, ‘Hey Pat, you are the new Cristiano!’”

Despite being reduced to a handful of starts in the season's latters stages by injury, Evra's earlier performances were acknowledged with a place in the PFA’s Team of the Year - just reward for an impressive first full campaign.

Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3678910131833 ... LastLast