Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Tomolo's our big day!!Upzz for the devils!!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Chelsea will be very strong next season. Defending the title is more difficult than winning it and it is even more difficult when u playing exciting attacking football.
    chelsea have got a discontented dressing room now. don't think they will do well next season until they can sort out the misfiring expensive flops ballack and sheva, and keep mourinho, terry and lampard from leaving the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    Tomolo's our big day!!Upzz for the devils!!
    best of luck! let's have a goal fest tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah piang! Mark Viduka and Michael Owen! Why are we linked with dodgy strikers? I rather take Darren Bent!
    yeah, those 2 are so yesteryears. i'd prefer defoe.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by zaren View Post
    best of luck! let's have a goal fest tomorrow!

may the better team win hope it'll turn out a fair game/result
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Papers: Scholes eyes glory

Scholes' Cup Mission
    Paul Scholes is desperate to make up for lost time in tomorrow's FA Cup Final and help inspire Manchester United to victory over arch-rivals Chelsea. After missing the final five months of last season with an eye injury, Scholes has been a rejuvenated figure this term and played a key role in United's Premiership title success. But he is determined to claim the FA Cup as well and admitted his time on the sidelines made him even more focused on winning trophies in the autumn of his career. "No one knows how long they have left and the eye trouble really brought that home to me," said Scholes. "So I look to enjoy each day and game for as long as I can play. I hope I have many years to come at this level."
    David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

All the papers look ahead to Saturday's Wembley showpiece. Chelsea's Shaun Wright-Phillips says the Blues are still confident they can do the business despite only have 15 fit players.

Sir Alex Ferguson has angrily slammed fresh diver slurs aimed at Cristiano Ronaldo by Jose Mourinho, while John O'Shea admits he had to win over the boo-boys to become a United star.

Goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has challenged the Reds' young stars to turn themselves into legends. "It is not just about winning something once but two or three times and that is the challenge," said the Dutchman.
    Starlets can become legends

Edwin van der Sar claims United's title-winning starlets have the ability to achieve legendary status at Old Trafford providing they push on from here.

The Dutch stopper is full of praise for his team-mates after beating Chelsea over the finishing line to seal United's ninth Premiership title under Sir Alex Ferguson.

But he is urging them to kick on and build on this season's achievements in the coming years.

"You do not become a legend overnight - you have to win things over a long period," insists van der Sar. "The players have shown their ability this season. Every game has been important for us and we’ve shown we have been up for every one.

"Every player selected for Saturday or Tuesday or Wednesday has had to perform and we have not had to carry any one.

"Chelsea were so well ahead in the previous seasons. But this season, we have been playing well enough to cope with anything that has been put in our way.

"The squad is well positioned to achieve something special," adds the 36-year-old. "It takes a long time to work towards something like this but now the team must go on.

"It is not just about winning something once but two or three times and that is the challenge."

Drogba: United have the edge

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba says there is little to choose between the quality of Saturday's two FA Cup finalists, but believes United have the edge.

Having recently claimed the Premiership title from the Stamford Bridge club, United are the team with momentum and confidence. And while Drogba's comments may be an attempt to take the pressure off the Blues, the Ivory Coast international says that a number of injuries in the Chelsea ranks may play into United's hands.

"I think the two teams are equal," he said. "They went to the semi-finals of the Champions League and so did we as well, but they controlled the league so maybe you can say they are the favourites.

"When you have so many injuries you have to find another way to win. You need commitment and you need to give more than 100 per cent. I think we are going to go there on Saturday and it is going to be a very good final."

The Blues forward is looking forward to playing at the new Wembley stadium, and he revealed that the opportunity to play in an FA Cup final also conjures memories of one of United's more recent final victories.

"It is going to be a big moment," he added. "I remember France beating England there with Nicolas Anelka scoring two goals. But, for me, the game I always remember at Wembley was Manchester United in the FA Cup (against Liverpool) with Eric Cantona scoring a fantastic goal."

11 more hours to go to secure the double!!! Lift the 1st FA cup at the New Wembley!!!

GLORY GLORY GLORY MAN U!!!GLORY GLORY GLORY MAN U!!!GLORY GLORY GLORY MAN U!!!

This is the first time in Premiership history dat the top 2 teams met in the finals of the FA Cup Final.

For the last 10 games between the 2, Man U onli win once draw 4 n no need to say

Man U to win by 1 goal.

Man Utd 0 - 0 Chelsea at HT. Hope, we can get some goals in the 2nd half.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Looks like will have to play extra time.

HT in Extra Time, still 0-0. Giggs almost got it but referee says no goal.

Gave up on watching... Too old for this kind of excitement! My son who is with his cousin watching the game will sms me the score if there's any!

Oh...no, there goes our double. Drogba scored against us.

Beaten by a good goal, robbed by the ref.

What a disappointment.

Sad to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    What a disappointment.
    Yeah the ref and linesmen, din see Giggs's effort. If its not a goal, its a foul but the ref din give either. But this kinda things happens, have to accept but very hard to swallow.

Man Utd din not play well at all but i think its better to beaten than lose on penalties again.

So sad NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO but nevermind we got the premiership so not so bad(self consolation)

... The better team lost. ...

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678111631 ... LastLast