Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439444748495051 LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Saw this at HWZ.

EPL Simpsons!

Benitaz and Harry really look alike! SAF is too young and Roy Keane is a baby!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Saw this at HWZ.

EPL Simpsons!

Benitaz and Harry really look alike! SAF is too young and Roy Keane is a baby!

wah lau this damn farnie sia!!

hahahaha so cute!
    but i think only benitez, wenger, harry, and sam look alike hahaha
    Photo Album - Photo Album

HAHA so amusing!

Just found out there was an EPL thread here! (Sorry lah, still quite new)
    Have been supporting Man U (and Ryan Giggs) since primary school
    Olympus Now and Forever

Quote Originally Posted by Eloriel View Post
    HAHA so amusing!

Wow primary school! Welcome to MUFC's thread at CS.

I think Harry looks hilarious. Really like him. Benitaz even have the pot belly.

HAHA so amusing!

no problem never too late!!! Welcome to the 'Theatre of Dreams' of CS!

Recently we are abit quiet due to our performance n now 2 week EPL break!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wow primary school! Welcome to MUFC's thread at CS.

I think Harry looks hilarious. Really like him. Benitaz even have the pot belly.
    I think Keano is the most cute... Kawaii....feel like pinching his cheeks!

Snice we are at the topic of Simpson:

This Simpson just agrees a new deal wif us

Reds' defender Danny Simpson has signed a new contract which will keep him at the club until 2010.

The 20-year-old, who joined in July 2003, spent last season out on loan, gaining significent first team experience along the way.

After a successful four-month spell at Royal Antwerp at the start of the 2006/07 campaign, Simpson was snapped up by Sunderland boss Roy Keane for the remainder of the season.

Simpson, along with fellow United loanee Jonny Evans, became an integral part of the Black Cats defence as Keane's side clinched promotion to the Premier League.

Simpson is now a fully fledged member of United's first team squad following some impressive displays in pre-season.

Wenger ain't one bit like that! what and awful-replica!

Quote Originally Posted by emirates View Post
    Wenger ain't one bit like that! what and awful-replica!
    haha he looks like a wuss! Alan Curbs also not realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Snice we are at the topic of Simpson:

This Simpson just agrees a new deal wif us

I think he got a great chance of taking over G. Neville. He was Keane's 1st choice right back last season.

HAHA so amusing!

Welcome sis. I have been a United fan since young too, although whenever I visit my Granny I would always see my uncle watching & supporting Liverpool. My favourite players are Giggs & Solskjaer - the babyface SuperSub.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Eight Reds among world's finest

Eight United players have been named among the top 100 footballers in the world in a list compiled by FourFourTwo magazine.

Cristiano Ronaldo, United's outstanding player in the title-winning 2007/08 campaign, was pipped to first place by AC Milan's Brazilian midfielder Kaka, who was the key figure in the Italian side's Champions League success last term.

Portuguese star Ronaldo, who made a clean sweep of English football's individual accolades last season, did edge out Barcelona trio, Ronaldinho, Thierry Henry and Lionel Messi in the list's top five.

Wayne Rooney was the next highest-placed Red in eighth, while Paul Scholes came in at 12, Rio Ferdinand 24th, Ryan Giggs 29th, Owen Hargreaves 52nd, Nemanja Vidic 78th and Gary Neville in 85th spot.

Ronaldo's prominent placing in the list is a stark reminder of the qualities United have been missing on the field in recent weeks.

The 22-year-old hasn't played since being shown a red card in the Reds' 1-1 draw with Portsmouth last month. But, having served the last of a three-match suspension against Sunderland, he will make a welcome return in the Premier League clash with Everton at Goodison Park next Saturday.

Papers: Reds eye Barca star

Now Sir Alex seeks Barca starlet
    Sir Alex Ferguson is targeting Barcelona's Giovani Dos Santos. The United boss, who has already signed Portuguese star Nani and Brazilian Anderson, is also looking to bring in 18-year-old Mexican Dos Santos. Barca are looking to tie him to a longer contract which would increase his £20m buy-out clause.
    But reports in the Daily Mirror suggest that Dos Santos' performances have attracted interest across Europe and he has switched agents to Jorge Mendes who also looks after Chelsea boss Jose Mouirino and has already dealt with United before. Barcelona sporting director Tixiki Berguristain said: "It's normal for a player of his talent to receive interest from other clubs. But I'm calm and confident he will sign a new contract here."
    Daily Mail

Elsewhere, the press go to town on a number of topics Sir Alex spoke about at a question and answer session in Glasgow on Tuesday, Jaap Stam's sale being one. In The Mirror the manager says he was wrong to sell the Dutchman in 2001. "In playing terms, it was a mistake because he's still playing for Ajax at a good level. But £16.5m for a centre-back who was 29… it was an offer I couldn't refuse." The manager is also quoted as saying David Beckham was "never the same" after his marriage to Victoria Adams.

Moving to matters on the pitch, and it seems bad news for Owen Hargreaves, who could miss England's Euro 2008 qualifier with Israel on Saturday after suffering a thigh strain during training.

Brazil legend Rivaldo says Reds starlet Anderson needs time to develop his precocious ability. Says the former World Player of the Year: "He's a huge talent, but you need to be patient. He's young and has the qualities to be a great player, but his development should be controlled, with everything done calmly."

Round up by Nick Coppack

seh, we got into a soccer discussion! any arseanl fans??
    Last edited by emirates; 7th September 2007 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emirates View Post
    seh, we got into a soccer discussion! any arseanl fans??
    There are Arsenal fans in CS. There is an Arsenal thread. Just search for it but u can chat with us as well. Welcome to the Devils' Lair!

Player of the Month: August

United fans have voted Owen Hargreaves the Reds' Player of the Month for August, even though the 26-year-old played in just two of United's five competitive fixtures.

More than 14,000 ManUtd.com users took part in the poll, which saw the former Bayern Munich midfielder up against Patrice Evra, Nani, Paul Scholes and Nemanja Vidic.

Vidic collected an impressive 27% of the vote after a number of commanding displays at the heart of United's back four, but it was Hargreaves' performances against Manchester City and Tottenham Hotspur that saw more than 5000 fans vote for the England international.

In the end, Hargreaves, who has won ManUtd.com Man of the Match awards in United's last three matches, scooped 38% of the vote, leaving Evra, Scholes and Nani to share the remaining 35%.

Howard doubt for Everton clash

Everton's former United goalkeeper Tim Howard could miss the Reds' visit to Goodison Park this weekend after dislocating his finger during the USA's 4-2 defeat to Brazil in at the weekend.

The 28-year-old American stopper completed the 90 minutes for his country, but the injury means he is now a doubt for Saturday's Premier League clash with United.

"It was pretty sore," Howard told Everton's official website. "I just tried to play through it, and hoped that the adrenaline would get me through it.

"Right now it's swollen like a balloon, and I'm hoping that the flight back hasn't taken too much out of it. I'll see the doctors when I get back."

Howard has played in all of Everton's opening five fixtures, helping David Moyes' men climb to third place, level on 10 points with leaders Liverpool, second-placed Arsenal, and Chelsea, who occupy fourth spot.

Understandably, Moyes will be hoping Howard, who is still waiting for his first appearance against United since joining Everton last January, can make a quick recovery in time for Saturday's noon kick-off.
    Here comes our chance to raid their goal mouth!!!

Owen misses Russian test

Owen Hargreaves has returned to Manchester after being ruled out of England's Euro 2008 qualifier against Russia with a thigh injury.

The United midfielder and Chelsea counterpart Frank Lampard have both been ruled out for Steve McClaren's side, having both missed Saturday's 3-0 win over Israel.

A statement on the FA's official website read: "Following a thorough assessment from the England medical staff, a scan and a fitness test today, it was decided that Hargreaves will not be ready in time for Wednesday's match and has gone back to Manchester."

Hargreaves, who has been named ManUtd.com's man of the match in each of his three Reds appearances so far this season, now faces a race against time to be fit for Saturday's trip to Everton.

Neville close to comeback

United skipper Gary Neville doubts he will return from injury in time for Saturday's trip to Everton, but has his eye on a comeback in the near future.

The veteran defender has been out of action since damaging ankle ligaments in March, and subsequently suffering a thigh strain in training last month.

United's club captain told MUTV: "I probably did a bit too much, I was a bit over-excited getting back and I just felt my thigh a little bit. It's frustrating.

"Hopefully in the next week or two I'll be back and I hope to be playing games in the next couple of weeks definitely.

"Because I've been out for such a long time I think the Everton game is going to be too soon, I think it will probably be after that."

Wes Brown is likely to deputise at right-back in Neville's continued absence as United make the trip to Goodison Park.

Should Neville's comeback go according to schedule, he may return in time for Chelsea's visit to Old Trafford on September 23.
    Think he should get some match fitness before chelsea game

Park progressing well

Sidelined Reds midfielder Ji-sung Park says his recovery is going to plan and he hopes to be back playing for United early in 2008.

The Korean midfielder, who underwent surgery on a knee injury in California this summer, hasn't played since scoring in the 4-1 Premier League win over Blackburn in March earlier this year. But he says his rehabilitation is on course.

"Hopefully I'll be playing again early in the New Year," he said in an interview with FIFA's official website. "My knee is getting better and it's a case of so far, so good."

Despite being absent until the title run-in, the 26-year-old is positive about United's chances of retaining the Premier League crown this season, and impressed by the Reds' new signings Owen Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson and Carlos Tevez.

"I'm confident that we can retain the Premier League title this season," he said. "We've got a good squad and the manager has brought some good players into the team to improve it even further."

"The new signings have all impressed me in different ways," he added. "Nani is very quick, Owen works hard and Carlos has great vision. Anderson hasn't played much, but I am looking forward to seeing more of him."