Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Antwerp take second youngster

Michael Lea has become the second United youngster to join Royal Antwerp on a five-month loan deal.

Craig Cathcart moved to Belgium earlier this week to ply his trade with Warren Joyce's side at the Bosuil Stadium until January 1, 2008.

Now versatile defender Lea has followed suit, embarking in his first taste of loan action after excelling for United's Reserves last season.

His no-nonsense defending and composure earned the 19-year-old a nomination for the Reserve Team Player of the Season award, eventually won by Kieran Lee.

Lea becomes the fourth United youngster out on loan this season, along with Cathcart, Ryan Shawcross (Stoke City) and Ritchie Jones (Yeovil Town).

Default Re: Reds face Roma re-match!!!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Dun think this time we will have another 7-1

Group F
    MANCHESTER UNITED
    Roma
    Sporting Lisbon
    Dynamo Kiev

Wah Roma again! Its a tough group. S. Lisbon is quality and away to Kiev will be very difficult during winter.

BTW, Ole will address the fans when Man Utd take on Sunderland tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah Roma again! Its a tough group. S. Lisbon is quality and away to Kiev will be very difficult during winter.

BTW, Ole will address the fans when Man Utd take on Sunderland tomorrow.
    tomolo gui diam ah the match?

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    tomolo gui diam ah the match?
    2nd sept 0015hrs singapore time

Man u to win 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    2nd sept 0015hrs singapore time
    Yup! Ch27. Listen to Ole, seldom get to see/hear his 'live' interviews too.

It will be emotional for him and the fans I guess.

another disappointing game to me. still haven found the rhythm and flow. passes becomes loose balls.....
    anyway, im relieved at least we didnt drop any points this game.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

man utd like no form leh , saha is there to save the day! hw come they nv put giggs , strange , i think nani super over-rated , he like poor in dribbling too , no finishing from the whole team , defense also lousy , when they are holding the ball also like duno what to do like that

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    man utd like no form leh , saha is there to save the day! hw come they nv put giggs , strange , i think nani super over-rated , he like poor in dribbling too , no finishing from the whole team , defense also lousy , when they are holding the ball also like duno what to do like that
    I heard from the commentator that Giggs carried slight injury sustained during training. So, I think SAF did the right thing by leaving him out otherwise it could have aggravated it if he was in the first eleven.

we still cant live without ronny n roonie..
    used Nikon, Canon, Panasonic n Oly.. now Fujifilm

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    i feel nani is not bad at shooting tho. has pretty good shooting technique, tho lacks just a little bit of power at times...
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by ykgen View Post
    we still cant live without ronny n roonie..
    can live without Rooney but not Ronaldo

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    i feel nani is not bad at shooting tho. has pretty good shooting technique, tho lacks just a little bit of power at times...

i still think Park is better than Nani in terms of speed and dribble skills , Nani no speed , no dribble skills , good shooting occassionally , the way he holding the ball also seems so clueless ,
    nv watch first half so dun really know Anderson , is it good ?

RONALDO UNLIKELY TO BE FINED FOR ALLEGED ORGY

It is thought unlikely that the three ManYoo players allegedly involved in a orgy with five prostitutes will face sanction from Sir Alex Ferguson.

Prostitute Juliana Baltrusch claims to have been paid to attend a party at Cristiano Ronaldo's 3m Cheshire mansion on the night after ManYoo's win over Tottenham two weeks ago.

"A man showed us into the living room and I couldn't believe who was sat there lounging on a huge white sofa. It was Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson - just sat around in jeans listening to R&B music. They were dressed casually in jeans a Tshirts, but they still had their diamond earrings and gold chains and watches on," she told The Sunday Mirror.

"I recognised Ronaldo straight away from watching the World Cup last year. He's my idol. I've always fancied him and I nearly said, 'I'll do it for free'.

Such generosity wasn't forthcoming, however, and Baltrusch alleges she was paid 3,000 for her contribution to the subsequent four-hour orgy in which she personally managed to 'score a Premiership hat-trick'.

As well as being a voyeur of a foursome involving both Nani and Anderson, Baltrusch claims to have dirty-danced with Ronaldo, performed 'a sex act' on Nani before embarking on what the Sunday Mirror describes as 'a no-holds-barred spanking session' with Anderson.

According to to a less salacious report in The Times, 'Sir Alex Ferguson discovered on Thursday that the allegations would be made against the three players over the weekend, but the United manager showed his faith in Nani and Anderson by selecting them to start in Saturday's 1-0 victory over Sunderland.' Ronaldo was suspended for the fixture.

'Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson could escape club fines because they were partying within the confines of a private house, the incident happened on a night after a game when no curfew would be in place and United did not have a match for another six days,' the newspaper muses.

There's no mention of any reaction from Gemma Atkinson, Ronaldo's supposed girlfriend, but it is reasonable to assume that their relationship has either been terminated or is currently in difficulty.

Yeah Ole is back: Ole on hand to help strikers

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will be on hand to help United's strikers this season as he prepares to move onto the next phase of his career as a coach.

The 34-year-old Norwegian called time on his playing career on Tuesday after a long battle with injury. Solskjaer will complete his coaching badges over the coming year, but in the meantime will provide support for the Reds' attacking brigade.

"I've told Ole to get his coaching badges so he can eventually progress to being a coach or a manager," explained Sir Alex Ferguson.

"We're helping him do that by including him in the coaching staff this season. He'll assist from a technical point of view with particular focus on the strikers.

"We're delighted that we can help him because he's got the knowledge and the experience to become a good coach."

Sir Alex admits he was a little surprised by Solskjaer's decision to retire, but believes he will benefit from plying his coaching trade at Old Trafford.

"He's shown fantastic courage over the years with his injuries," said the manager. "It was a real bonus to get 11 goals from him last season, we didn't expect that. I think his later operations - the one in March and then in the summer - got to him in a big way in the sense of he knew it would be hard to come back from them.

"He tried to train about ten days ago and it didn't work out again and I think he knew it was the end. In a way it's happened at the right moment because it gives him a chance to be a coach with us. If he takes his badges and does what he needs to do then he's got a chance."

Papers: Boss backs Carlos

Queiroz given Ferguson approval
    Sir Alex Ferguson last night said his assistant Carlos Queiroz would be a strong contender to replace him as Manchester United manager when he retired, but he gave no indication when that would be. Queiroz, now in his second spell as Ferguson's assistant at Old Trafford after an unsuccessful interim season as Real Madrid manager in 2003-04, has admitted he would like to succeed the 65-year-old Scot, who took charge at Old Trafford in November 1986. "Thankfully I don't have to make the decision," said Ferguson, who was speaking to an audience at the Citizens Theatre in Glasgow. "I have a great assistant and I think he will be a strong candidate. The thing is I have not made my mind up when I'm retiring. It's a difficult one. The important thing is to leave a good team. The present team is very, very good but they will get better."
    Gavin McCafferty, The Guardian

In other news, Ryan Giggs wants 11 Premier League title wins to match his Manchester United shirt number. In an exclusive interview with Inside United magazine, Giggs said: "It would be nice to get to 10 titles but it would be nicer to get to 11. I dont want to be greedy but that is my shirt number, so that is what I am aiming for.

Cristiano Ronaldo was the only Premier League representative on Ronaldinho's list of the world's five best players. "I love to watch Cristiano go one-to-one against a player because he confuses defenders," Ronaldinho told FourFourTwo magazine. "Cristiano is more of a team player now. He is less selfish but still provides moments of skill which can change a game."

Round up by Gemma Thompson

Owen misses England training

United midfielder Owen Hargreaves trained away from the rest of his England colleagues on Tuesday, but is expected to rejoin the group for Wednesday's practice session.

With doubts over the fitness of Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, Hargreaves and United team-mate Michael Carrick could link up for England's must-win Euro 2008 qualifiers against Israel and Russia. They are joined by fellow Reds Wes Brown and Rio Ferdinand in Steve McClaren's squad.

Nani and Cristiano Ronaldo are both named in the Portuguese squad to face crucial games against Poland, who have Reds' goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak in their squad, and Nemanja Vidic's Serbia on Saturday and next Wednesday respectively. The Serbs will first face a must-win home clash with Finland on Saturday.

Patrice Evra's France face a daunting trip to world champions Italy on Saturday, before hosting Scotland - led by Darren Fletcher - a week on Wednesday. The Scots face a home clash with Lithuania before travelling to Paris, however, and could make up ground on the group leaders before they meet.

Holland should have record appearance-maker Edwin van der Sar back in goal when they face Bulgaria and Albania - sides who sandwich them in Group G.

Despite missing the start of the season with a groin injury, Jonny Evans will link up with Northern Ireland's squad to face Latvia and Iceland. John O'Shea and Darron Gibson, meanwhile, have been included in the Republic of Ireland squad to face Slovakia and the Czech Republic.

Heaton ready and willing

Tom Heaton insists he is ready and willing should he be called upon to keep goal for the Reds this season.

The 21-year-old Reserves stopper has made the bench on a handful of occasions over the last year or so, but is yet to make a competitive first team appearance for the Reds.

A long term injury to Ben Foster has pushed Heaton up the goalkeeping pecking order and he remains hopeful of making his mark in the first team during the coming campaign.

"As a goalkeeper you have to be patient, everyone keeps telling me that anyway!" he told Inside United. "It can be difficult at times because once youve had a taste of things all you want to do is play.

"Ideally I would have liked to have gone out on loan to get some more experience, but the situation with Ben [Foster] being injured has given me a chance with the first team which is fantastic.

"Its a pleasure to be working with the first team and Im just focused on keeping my head down and working hard."

Heaton was part of the Reds' squad which toured Asia in July and was handed his chance in the team's final match in China.

"Travelling with the team to Asia was a fantastic experience for me personally and I think weve all benefited from the training we did out there," he insisted. "I managed to get 45 minutes under my belt in the final game of the tour which was pleasing.

"I want to improve all aspects of my game," he added. "Training with the first team is a big factor because it brings you on leaps and bounds.

"Well just have to see what comes up for me this season - hopefully I might get an opportunity somewhere along the line."

Anderson will come good

Sir Alex Ferguson is confident Brazilian midfielder Anderson will be a success at Old Trafford despite enduring a somewhat subdued debut.

The 19-year-old, who has already been compared to international team-mate Ronaldinho, made his first competitive appearance for the Reds in the 1-0 win over Sunderland at the weekend, but struggled to make an impact during his 45-minute run-out.

Sir Alex has no doubts about Anderson's talent, insisting he simply needs a little more time to settle into England's top flight.

"He'll take time. He's 19 years of age and is a player with great skill, I'm sure he'll be okay," said the Reds' manager.

"I thought he found it difficult against Sunderland because of the speed of the game and the way they set their stall out made it difficult for us.

"Also if you look at the four that played - Anderson, Eagles, Tevez and Nani - they've never played with each other.

"But we were pleased to get 45 minutes behind Anderson. Hopefully, the two weeks before the Everton game will give him a chance to improve."

Anderson played just over an hour of the Reserves' 3-1 defeat at Manchester City on Tuesday night. Having been omitted from the Brazilian squad for their friendlies against USA and Mexico, the midfielder will spend the next ten days sharpening up his fitness ahead of United's next league match at Everton on Saturday week.

3 goals within 5mins in the last 10min destory our reserve team
    Reserves: City 3 United 1

Manchester City scored three times in the last 10 minutes to seal a remarkable victory over United in the first Reserves derby of the season at Sports City.

A hard-fought clash was settled by goals from Emile Mpenza, Adam Clayton and Ashley Grimes, after Fraizer Campbell had deservedly put United ahead just after half-time.

The hosts piled on the pressure after Campbell's strike, however, and steamrollered the Reds after drawing level through Mpenza's scruffy leveller.

Bright spots for United included a 64-minute outing for Anderson, while Campbell's goal will undoubtedly be among the best goals scored by the Reds' second-string this season.

An entertaining first half saw the two teams evenly matched. The best chance of the half fell to Chris Eagles, who saw his shot saved after a lightning break involving Kieran Lee and Lee Martin.

Two minutes later, Sun Jihai flashed a cross-shot across the face of Tom Heaton's goal with City's closest call of the first 45 minutes.

Sam Hewson tested Richard Martin just after the interval with a swerving right-footed effort, which the goalkeeper spilled but just managed to gather in time.

Moments later Marc Laird was thwarted by a diving block from Adam Eckersley, who flung himself in the way of the shot and ensured parity remained.

Parity was only fleeting, however, as Campbell put United ahead in superb fashion, clinically finishing a nine-pass move after 52 minutes.

Martin was heavily involved in the move's infancy before spreading it wide to Eagles. The winger's first-time touch fed Hewson, who instantly slid the ball to the onrushing Campbell, who finished with aplomb.

City responded with a scuffed shot from Ashley Grimes, and Heaton was called into action by the same player on 65 minutes, saving well with his feet after Grimes had found space inside the area.

Moments earlier, Anderson had been substituted after a neat and tidy display in attack. The Brazilian showed a good understanding with United's youngsters, particularly Eagles.

United continued to threaten on the counter-attack, but it was Belgian striker Emile Mpenza who had the next clear chance of the evening, turning an awkward cross over the bar despite being unmarked.

The Belgian did find the net, however, in the 82nd minute as he deflected in Grimes' mishit shot from close range to draw the hosts level.

Two minutes later, City moved ahead. Substitute Adam Clayton headed Kelvin Etuhu's cross powerfully into the ground, and it eluded the despairing dive of Heaton before nestling in the corner.

And Grimes hammered the final nail into United's coffin four minutes from the end of normal time, firing in from close-range after Mpenza's shot had been cleared off the line by Adam Eckersley.

United: Heaton; R Eckersley, Bardsley, Chester, A Eckersley; Eagles (Dong, 81), Hewson, Lee, Martin (Barnes, 67); Anderson (Brandy, 64), Campbell.
    Substitutes not used: Woods, S Evans.

Page 48 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2338434647484950 ... LastLast