Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

What create trouble, I am saying it as I saw it. I reckon that the refree was afraid to give the penalty because he was affected by the penalty that wasn't in the Liverpool Chelsea game.

I saw Nani tackled, when receiving treatment, he almost rolled around banging his fist onto the ground. Even the commentators showed the replay of it. Fact.

Vidic backed into Berbatov, Wes Brown turned goalkeeper, refree super kelong.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Glad that RM came in for him. If not Liv and Benitaz will continue nagging and bugging us for him.

They now can sign him during Jan or end of season window.
    Reports says that Palace was asked to get Heinze first and sell to LFC If it is really the truth, wonder got any points deducted?

Finally the real truth: SAF says that Heinze's agent asked to double the wages after the first season which he played only about 5 months.

A win is a win and it's understandable if people pay sympathy to the better side that lost....after all MU did played better against Reading and City but never won At the end of the season.....people only remember the top team of the table....that is soccer

Also, you sounds like you are in better possition in giving those penalty decision than a EPL official referee The first tumble was a 50-50 challenge when both player going after an on coming ball.....and the second challenge was clearly on Brown's chest....I think the referee did a marvelous job in keeping the game flow smoothly

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    man utd cant do without giggs and scholes , they are the key players leh , i think any coach would be a fool if they want to drop them , Nani won single-handly ??are u watching the match seriously ???
    No, I only saw a goal that scored out of nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    No, I only saw a goal that scored out of nothing
    Nani is so hilarious, I saw him throwing a tantrum on the pitch! Anyway, Spurs gave tantrum thrower too much room for Nani to score an easy goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Nani is so hilarious, I saw him throwing a tantrum on the pitch! Anyway, Spurs gave tantrum thrower too much room for Nani to score an easy goal.
    That is the point yeh, they gave Nani too much room. Anyway, glad he entertained u, unlike some teams that play and practice footbore.

"I saw him throwing a tantrum on the pitch". So, Nani is the tantrum thrower, right? Then, how could it be "Spurs gave tantrum thrower (Nani) too much room for Nani to ..........."??? What are you talking about?

What create trouble, I am saying it as I saw it. I reckon that the refree was afraid to give the penalty because he was affected by the penalty that wasn't in the Liverpool Chelsea game.

I saw Nani tackled, when receiving treatment, he almost rolled around banging his fist onto the ground. Even the commentators showed the replay of it. Fact.

Vidic backed into Berbatov, Wes Brown turned goalkeeper, refree super kelong.
    nani rolling on the floor banging his fist is called acting, not throwing tantrums.

brown threw himself in front of berbatov and the ball to protect our open goal. he had his arms close to and behind his chest. and he was so close to berbatov, no way his arms can avoid the ball. ball to hand, not hand ball.
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    That is the point yeh, they gave Nani too much room. Anyway, glad he entertained u, unlike some teams that play and practice footbore.

NEXT!

Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post
    Bro ur link no link to the news!

Papers: Ole set to retire?
    Bye, bye, Ole!
    Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will today announce his retirement. The Manchester United striker has finally given in to the knee problems that have plagued him for the last four years. Norwegian Solskjaer, 34, is expected to be offered a coaching role with the club and will be used as a worldwide ambassador. He will be remembered for scoring the most famous goal in United’s history — an injury-time winner in the 1999 Champions League final against Bayern Munich. Solskjaer signed for United from Norwegian side Molde for £1.5million in July 1996 before making 366 appearances, scoring 126 goals.
    Neil Custis, The Sun

Round up by Ben Hibbs

Player Watch: United's new boys

Owen Hargreaves, Carlos Tevez and Nani all made their first Old Trafford starts in the 1-0 win over Tottenham. ManUtd.com’s Ian Baker kept a close eye on the trio…

Owen Hargreaves

Overall: Hargreaves sat just in front of the back four and was one of United’s stand-out players, despite a shaky start when he gave away an early free-kick and failed to pick up Pascal Chimbonda at a corner. As well as providing an extra line of defence, the former Bayern Munich midfielder also presented an occasional threat going forward, trying his luck with three speculative shots in the first half. The midfield is now a highly competitive area of Sir Alex’s squad but on this evidence, Hargreaves should be able to hold down a place.

Best Moment: Hargreaves' excellent long range drive on 21 minutes was well saved by Paul Robinson, who produced an even better stop to deny Rio Ferdinand on the rebound.

Carlos Tevez

Overall: The man who scored a vital goal for West Ham at Old Trafford worked hard in his first game there for the Reds. Forced to lead the line in the absence of Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha, he certainly made his presence in the first half when he played some nice one-touch football and set up a chance for Paul Scholes with his hold-up play. Tevez was much quieter in the second half, although he was unlucky not to put United ahead after fine work by Nani - his effort was cleared off the line. The Argentine star, substituted on 78 minutes, may relish the chance to play alongside a more prolific partner, hopefully starting with Saha next Saturday.

Best Moment: A minute before deflecting Nani’s winning shot past Robinson, Tevez had a shot of his own cleared off the line by Tottenham’s Jermaine Jenas.

Nani

Overall: After a slow start - he barely touched the ball inside the first seven minutes - Nani created a half-chance for Ryan Giggs with a cross to the far post. He also fired wide himself on 39 minutes after skilfully weaving inside a Tottenham defender. The Portuguese ace was in the wars too, with United physio Rob Swire twice on the pitch in the first half to treat him following collisions. Spurs right-back Pascal Chimbonda proved to be a tough opponent for Nani, winning most of their duels in the second half. However, Nani did find the space to test Robinson once with a cross-cum-shot and then beat the England keeper with that spectacular first goal for the Reds.

Best Moment: Nani's fantastic 30-yard strike was good enough to win any football match. His trademark somersault celebration was equally memorable.
    Time to play Anderson?

Quote Originally Posted by iskofil View Post
    NEXT!
    Sat home coming for Keano snice he left, 1st as manager snice he last leave OT facing his mentor.

Sorry keano another 3pts at ur expense.

Brighter times ahead for Sir Alex

Sir Alex Ferguson has given United fans further good news on the back of the club's first Barclays Premier League win in 2007/08.

Speaking after Sunday's narrow 1-0 victory over Tottenham Hotspur, the Reds boss revealed both Louis Saha and Anderson should be involved when Sunderland visit Old Trafford. The latter has yet to play for United competitively due to a hamstring problem.

"I think Louis Saha will be available for next Saturday's game, and Anderson will definitely be fit," said Sir Alex.

"We've got other players to come back, too. Gary Neville is a couple of weeks away, so we're getting there. There are also new players settling into the team, like Nani and Tevez.

"It's never easy coming to United when teams are so revved up to play against us. It is not going to be easy for them and they need time to settle. We have to be patient."

Sir Alex will hope the imminent additions of Anderson and Saha will address United's uncharacteristic problems in attack - prior to Nani's stunning winner against Spurs, the Reds had failed to score in 233 minutes of football.

"I thought we lacked a bit of confidence in the early part of the match," admitted Sir Alex. "I think the players were anxious, because the expectation is high here.

"But once the first ten minutes were over, it was a reasonable performance from us, not brilliant, not as good as in previous games.

"What was required during the second half and right through the game was to dig in, play with great commitment and show the right discipline to win a football match. 1-0 was a great scoreline today simply because it was going to be a difficult game anyway.

"I can look on today as the first time this season that we've had a little break. Hopefully it will give us the confidence to enjoy our football and we can now go on a long run."

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    nani rolling on the floor banging his fist is called acting, not throwing tantrums.

brown threw himself in front of berbatov and the ball to protect our open goal. he had his arms close to and behind his chest. and he was so close to berbatov, no way his arms can avoid the ball. ball to hand, not hand ball.
    Which still means handling the ball. While most refrees will choose not to give a penalty for ball to hand situations, the way which Wes Brown threw himself onto the ground was done practically like how goalkeepers would do it, and if the ball hits him in the arm, it should be construed to be a deliberate act stop the ball unfairly.

Nani was banging his fist onto the pitch when he was getting treatment and he was doing it, like how a kid whould throw a tantrum when his mother tries to pacify him. You need to watch this to know how silly it looked.

Nani was banging his fist onto the pitch when he was getting treatment and he was doing it, like how a kid whould throw a tantrum when his mother tries to pacify him. You need to watch this to know how silly it looked.
    picking on someone who bang his fist onto the pitch is equally silly. Come on when Liv guys or any others do that, its normal. Its just a way of venting fustrations. Unless it biting!

Nani is like 20? Man he is still a kid in SG. Can't vote!

Bad news and it gets worst. Already short of strikers liao and:

Man Utd striker Solskjaer retires

Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has retired from football.
    The 34-year-old, who scored the winner in the Champions League final against Bayern Munich in 1999, has been battling knee injuries for four years.

"I would like to thank manager Sir Alex Ferguson, the coaching and medical staff and most of all the supporters," Solskjaer told the club website.

He added: "They have been fantastic and were a real inspiration to me when I was out injured."

The player's father Oyvind Solskjaer said: "He would have liked to stay on and was hoping for a 100% recovery.

"But something has happened with his knee which made it impossible for him to continue."

A very sad day for Man U. OGS "babyface assasin" was one of my all time favourite Red Devil. A true professional whether on the pitch, on the bench or on the training field - he was the consumate supersub and was one of Fergie's best buys. I remember when the Gaffer first bought him and Ronnie Johnsen way back in '96, all my mates were going "who?". Well 11 years have gone and even up until recently (though he hasn't been in top form for the past 3 years) you never discount OGS from scoring a killer goal that's a dagger to the opponents heart - all with his trademark babyface smile.

Here's to you Ole.

Solskjaer is a great striker, will miss him!

On hind sight, if Solskjaer had announced his retirement earlier...maybe Rossi could have been persuaded to stay and fight for a starting place in the team.

a true professional, gentleman, silent assassin....

Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748 ... LastLast