Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 12273235363738394247 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    to arch rivals of manchester united,
    10 years later, be afraid. be very afraid. Rhain Davis the prince is here.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...449604&cc=4716

sample of what this prince can do
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=hZ_RS4Q1myc

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!
    Another Cristiano Ronaldo in the making. Wow..... the future looks very bright for the devils.

Tevez talks reach crucial stage
    West Ham and Carlos Tevez's advisers are to continue talks to resolve the dispute over the player's registration.
    If the matter is not resolved on Thursday, it is almost certain to go to the High Court on 22 August.

The 23-year-old striker's advisers have to lodge their court papers after Thursday, a move which would make an out-of-court settlement unlikely.

Tevez wants to move to Manchester United but his representatives and West Ham are at odds over his ownership.

The Argentine is desperate for the issue to be resolved.

"To play for a super-club like Manchester United without any pre-season work behind me is going to be a real handicap," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Another Cristiano Ronaldo in the making. Wow..... the future looks very bright for the devils.
    his accel and speed seems to be thrashing other kids and the way he solo all the players, macham they wooden log

Photo Album - Photo Album

United have snapped up nine-year-old sensation Rhain Davis, who has been hailed as the new Wayne Rooney. The little lad - who lives in Brisbane, Australia - came to United's attention when his grandfather sent the club a DVD of the boy in action. (Various)

Newcastle agree £6m fee for Smith
    Newcastle have confirmed they have agreed a fee with Manchester United for England striker Alan Smith.
    The Magpies are in talks with the 26-year-old, who has been linked to a host of Premiership clubs, and it is believed the deal is worth £6m.

Smith could even make his Newcastle debut alongside former Leeds team-mate Mark Viduka in a pre-season friendly against Sampdoria on Sunday.

Lightbulb Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Papers: Ronaldo on Sir Alex

Ronaldo: Sir Alex shakes & stirs me
    Cristiano Ronaldo has admitted he is still scared of Sir Alex Ferguson and claimed the Manchester United boss shakes him and shouts at him when he feels his star player is under-performing.Ronaldo scooped all the Player Of The Year awards last season after helping inspire United to a ninth Premiership crown.
    But the 22-year-old winger admitted Fergie can still strike fear into him with his infamous hairdryer treatment.
    "Sometimes he shakes me and he shouts at me," Ronaldo revealed.
    "It's normal. He's like my mother or my father, he gives me limits and targets. But he is far.
    "At half-time during games, he has shouted at me a few times, buit always to improve me. People say he's mellowed but he can still get angry – believe me!"
    David McDonnell, Daily Mirror

Most of Britain's tabloids have covered last night's friendly against Inter Milan, with many leading on the manager's quotes about the Reds' lacklustre defending.

Elsewhere, The Sun claim Gabriel Heinze's future will be sorted out this week. The defender says: "Sometimes the player is the last one to find out where he will play. I'll know in what team I'm going to play at the end of the week."

The Daily Star quote Juan Sebastian Veron as warning Carlos Tevez about life at Old Trafford. "If things do not go well, he could suffer a mortal fall in fortune," Veron says. "To triumph at United is not easy, even if you are a superstar."
    SAF will still be SAF hairdryer treatment even u r a superstar!

Hammers 'ready to release Tevez from contract'

West Ham are expected to announce tomorrow that they will release Carlos Tevez from his contract and registration after they tonight agreed a deal with his representatives.

The end of the dispute will then allow the Argentina striker to pursue a move to Manchester United.

The agreement, which still needs to be formally ratified by the Premier League and Football Association, will see the Hammers paid between £1million and £3million in compensation.

The deal will also mean the settlement of the £30million lawsuit brought against West Ham by Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian.

Lengthy talks today ended with an agreement between both parties and tomorrow the league and the FA should sign off the deal - Premier League lawyers have been kept up to date the progress of discussions.

Joorabchian will then be able to try to sew up an agreement with United to allow the striker to join up before the start of the season.

In the unlikely event of either side having a last-minute change of heart, the only other avenue would be a lengthy High Court battle and there has been an acknowledgement that that would be in neither party's interests.

Manchester United have already indicated a desire to take Tevez on the same sort of loan package that saw Argentina midfielder Javier Mascherano move to Liverpool last season.

That deal took some weeks before it was signed off by the Premier League but with that transfer having already been picked over by the lawyers, a similar deal for Tevez should go through much quicker.

The agreement with West Ham brings an end to a long-running and painful saga for the club that began when former chairman Terry Brown signed Tevez and Mascherano under banned third-party agreements last summer.

The club were fined £5.5million as a result by a disciplinary commission in April and that led to an unsuccessful legal challenge by Sheffield United, who claimed they should have been docked points.
    Hope this time really end of saga!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Papers: Ronaldo on Sir Alex

SAF will still be SAF hairdryer treatment even u r a superstar!

so far, the only 1 i know tat SAF gave face was eric cantona. THE KING
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Lets wait for the final verdict of Tevez tomorrow.

West Ham set to agree Tevez deal
    West Ham striker Carlos Tevez will be free to join Manchester United this weekend, BBC Sport understands.
    The player's representatives and the Hammers have agreed to compensation of about £2m and he can move as soon as the Premier League approves the deal.

Tevez will return from his holidays this weekend to finalise a two-year loan move to Old Trafford on a salary of £4.5m a year.

United then have an option to buy Tevez on a three-year contract for £30m.

With the threat of High Court action on 22 August hanging over negotiations, talks have been ongoing this week.

Finally, the issue is almost resolved and ManU is getting its player. Yay!!!

Will Tevez wear nos 8 or 19 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Will Tevez wear nos 8 or 19 ?
    I think it will be 8 as Hargreaves' number is still unknown during the photo session for the press conference for their official unveiling. So I think it will either be Tevez or Hargreaves who get 8. Rooney was 8 and he is similar to Tevez, so I reckon it will be him.

The new Red Tevil!
    West Ham have revealed they have reached agreement for Carlos Tevez to leave Upton Park and complete his protracted move to Manchester United.
    The settlement ends the threat of High Court action between West Ham and Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian.

West Ham will receive a £2m fee for Tevez's registration and the move has been approved by the Premier League.

The 23-year-old Argentine striker is understood to have passed a medical and trained with United on Friday morning.

All sides were keen for the matter to be settled ahead of a proposed court date on 22 August and the closure of the transfer window at the end of the month.

Tevez trains with Man U

Hey you guys playing the EPL fantasy league? There is a Clubsnap league in there. Join us!

Get more details here http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=299509

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post
    Hey you guys playing the EPL fantasy league? There is a Clubsnap league in there. Join us!

Tried going in but due to my co network it says cannot find server! so kena barred!

Report: Doncaster 0 United 2

New signing Anderson helped United to a 2-0 win over Doncaster Rovers at the Keepmoat Stadium on Friday evening.

The Brazilian played his first game in a red shirt and impressed throughout his 45-minute run-out. He slotted in behind United's lone striker for the evening, fellow 19-year-old Fraizer Campbell, one of a number of young players given their chance to impress ahead of the new season.

Another of those was Darron Gibson who opened the scoring with a superb 20-yard drive twenty minutes from time having seen his earlier effort smack against the crossbar. Sean Evans wrapped up proceedings a minute from time with an equally impressive left-foot effort.

Sir Alex Ferguson will have been encouraged by some solid displays throughout the ninety minutes. Gerard Pique played his first game for the Reds since returning from his loan spell at Real Zaragoza. Jonny Evans joined him in the centre of defence, with Phil Bardsley and skipper-for-the-night Mikael Silvestre filling the defensive flanks.

Darren Fletcher anchored a midfield that also included Lee Martin and goalscorers Gibson and Evans, while Sir Alex relied on the teenage front pairing of Anderson and Campbell.

The League One hosts, who lost out to the blue half of Manchester in a pre-season clash last month, fielded a near full-strength side which included former Reds Mark Wilson and Richie Wellens.

All eyes were on Anderson during the first half and the Brazilian did his utmost to get himself involved in proceedings with some tireless running and impressive passing.

Nevertheless, it was Doncaster who fashioned the first real opening of the match on ten minutes. Martin Woods took aim from 20 yards with a low drive, but Tomasz Kuszczak saved well down to his left.

Two minutes later United went close through Gibson. Picking up possession 25 yards out after Campbell's neat lay-off, the midfielder struck a delicious left-foot shot which crashed off Neil Sullivan's crossbar and away to safety.

Doncaster looked certain to take the lead on 16 minutes when Kuszczak failed to collect a corner. The ball dropped to James Hayter four yards out, but Sean Evans somehow managed to block the ball on the line.

United turned defence into attack immediately as the lively Campbell powered forward before laying a pass inside to Lee Martin. But the midfielder, who had scored a fine goal a week earlier in United's final Asia Tour game, struck his shot straight at Sullivan.

The former Wimbledon stopper, who famously saw David Beckham's half-way effort loop in over his head at Selhurst Park nearly eleven years ago, was called into action again just after the half hour. He was up to the test however, turning away Campbell's sliding effort.

As a lively first period drew to a close, Woods curled in a dangerous free-kick onto the head of skipper Adam Lockwood, only for Kuszczak to tip the ball brilliantly over the bar.

The Polish stopper was called into action again ten minutes after the re-start when substitute Mark McCammon bulldozed his way through on goal. The Rovers striker failed to connect properly with the ball as Kuszczak bravely dived off his line to try and divert the danger. The ball dropped to Antony Griffith who, with the goal gaping, blasted over.

By the time the clock hit the hour mark Sir Alex had used six of his seven substitutes. One of those, Dong Fangzhuo, set up Campbell on 66 minutes after a neat one-two between the pair. Unfortunately, the Reds' striker dragged his shot wide of substitute keeper Ben Smith's right-hand post.

Four minutes later United made the breakthrough. Ritchie Jones' corner was cleared by the Doncaster defence but only to the feet of Gibson. The Irishman made space for himself with a neat turn onto his left foot before unleashing an unstoppable drive past the helpless Smith.

Doncaster responded well and almost drew level on 77 minutes when Bruce Dyer's curling shot shaved Kuszczak's right-hand post.

United doubled their lead a minute from time when Sean Evans blasted a left-foot rocket past Smith after neat play from Dong and Campbell in the build-up.

The victory made it four wins out of six pre-season games for the Reds and it's one that United's youth brigade can be very proud of.

United: Kuszczak, Bardsley, Pique (Shawcross 46), J. Evans (Simpson 50), Silvestre (c) (Eckersley 59), Martin (Jones 59), Fletcher (Lea 59), Gibson, S. Evans, Anderson (Dong 46), Campbell.

Subs not used: Heaton

Doncaster Rovers: Sullivan (Smith 46), O'Connor (Noble 78), Greer (Lockwood 73, Boyce 84), Lockwood (c) (Hird 46), G. Roberts (Fairhurst 82), Wilson (Griffith 46), Wellens (McDaid 46), Guy (Green 46), Hayter (Dyer 46), Heffernan (McCammon 46), Woods (Nelthorpe 46).

Attendance: 13,080
    Looks like our defence really need to brush up!

Boss hails Gibson display

Sir Alex Ferguson heaped praise on Darron Gibson after he set the Reds on their way to a 2-0 victory over Doncaster Rovers on Friday evening.

The 19-year-old midfielder opened the scoring twenty minutes from time with a sizzling left-foot drive which gave Rovers' substitute stopper Ben Smith no chance.

Gibson had earlier struck the bar with an equally impressive hit and Sir Alex is hoping to see the young Irishman build on his solid performance at the Keepmoat Stadium.

"I thought Darron was excellent," he told MUTV. "He is potentially one of the best young players at the club. He's got good physical prowess, two great feet, good pace - he's got everything in his locker.

"He just needs experience and that's something he'll hopefully get plenty of this season."

The United boss was pleased with his young team's overall display and believes debutant Anderson will have picked up some useful experience during his first half run-out.

"It was a good introduction to English football for him because Doncaster were very competitive and showed great commitment and made things difficult for us," explained the boss.

"He's picked up a little hamstring strain which we'll assess on Saturday. But hopefully it's nothing serious and he'll be okay."

Sir Alex also confirmed Owen Hargreaves will play the full ninety minutes in Saturday's friendly at Peterborough.

Quote Originally Posted by FooFighter View Post

I used to play for the last 2 seasons but I recently tried to log in and it aks me to register again. Maybe I'll try next week again.

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre is reportedly looking for a move away from Old Trafford.

The Frenchman is angered after United manager Sir Alex Ferguson left him out of his squad to face Chelsea in the Community Shield on Sunday.

Silvestre admits he is still hurting after being overlooked for a place in last season's FA Cup final, due to the emergence of left-back Patrice Evra, and the Shield snub has proved the final straw.

Speaking of his FA Cup final omission, Silvestre told the News of the World: "Alex Ferguson knocked on my door at 11am on the morning of the game to tell me I wasn't playing.

"Can you imagine how that felt? He did his best to dress it up saying I hadn't played a lot in the run-up to the game, I was still coming back from injury and he wanted to keep me fresh.

"I didn't want to here it. I didn't expect to be dropped and it was a huge blow."
    Good for him. Time to move on. I feel Silvestre is no longer at his best and time for SAF to buy a left-back and a right-back before the transfer window closes in end of Aug.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Good for him. Time to move on. I feel Silvestre is no longer at his best and time for SAF to buy a left-back and a right-back before the transfer window closes in end of Aug.
    Hmmm if he leaves, really have to get a new left back. Unless SAF got a suitable replacement from the reserves. Heinze will not feature for Man Utd anymore I guess.