this westham trying to be funny
this westham trying to be funny
anyway, torres issnt crouch :P hes stronger and heading is better haha.
anyway, this stupid tevez saga is draggingg sooooooooo longgg. quite sian to wake up and read the same kinda news again...
While waiting for Tevez, why not go for Drogba now that he has indicated he may be prepared to consider a move.
Man United call in FIFA over Tevez dispute
FIFA have been called in to break the deadlock in the Carlos Tevez dispute.
West Ham and Manchester United believe only the world governing body can end the impasse over the Argentina striker and a decision to call in FIFA was taken by the clubs on Wednesday.
It will be Tevez himself, however, who will formally call for FIFA's dispute resolution panel to step in - a process that could happen within a fortnight.
Manchester United remain ultra-confident the 24-year-old will eventually become their player.
United chief executive David Gill confirmed the Red Devils' bid to sign the Argentina forward, who has scrapped plans to have a medical in Manchester this week, was headed for FIFA to effectively determine who currently owns Tevez: West Ham or his adviser Kia Joorabchian.
'There has been a lot of discussions over the last few days between Manchester United, West Ham and the Premier League but the case will probably go before FIFA's dispute resolution chamber,' said Gill, speaking in Seoul, Korea.
'We are very confident this will be resolved in favour of the player and he will be free to achieve his wish of joining Manchester United.'
West Ham confirmed they have written to the Premier League requesting the matter be referred to FIFA.
A West Ham spokesman said: 'It now makes sense for this to be dealt with by FIFA.
'All parties agree this is the best way forward and of course we will be involved in helping this be resolved as quickly as possible.'
United legal expert Maurice Watkins met with West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson in London yesterday, yet despite feeling reasonably optimistic a solution could be negotiated, there was only deadlock.
Although the Red Devils hope to push the matter through as quickly as possible, there remains the real possibility Tevez, who has now been allowed to start a short holiday, might not be signed before the August 31 transfer deadline.
'Hopefully the case will be heard on an expedited basis but we are not sure whether we will have him signed in time for the new season,' said Gill.
'It may take up to two weeks for the body to be formed, all the paperwork has to be put together and then the case has to be heard.
'Even given that timetable we hope by the time the new season kicks off, Carlos will be training at Carrington.'
Earlier this week, Gill, an influential FA board member, suggested the whole saga had become 'over-complicated'.
However, it now looks like becoming even more problematic, with Sheffield United no doubt keenly interested in how the matter is eventually resolved given Tevez played such a huge role in sending them down.
'All the discussions we have had over the last few weeks lead us to believe this will be resolved in Carlos' favour,' said Gill.
'Once that happens, he will be free to join Manchester United.'
While FIFA will examine all the documentation before deciding whether they have any jurisdiction over the case, it seems certain the Premier League - as well as West Ham - would be happy to abide by any decision.
So, instead of having his medical, Tevez will now go on holiday, hoping by the time he returns, he will only need to sign a contract to become a United player.
'It was always Sir Alex's plan to give Carlos a break, so I expect he will now go on an exotic holiday with his family,' added Gill.
'He has not completed a medical with us.'
United's bid to sign Tevez could also go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport if FIFA cannot resolve the issue, according to Mick McGuire.
McGuire, an English board member of FIFPro who represent players in disputes that go to FIFA's dispute resolution chamber (DRC), hopes the issue can be resolved swiftly - but the case could still go further.
'It could drag on. But FIFA make the regulations on transfer windows and know the time frames - you would hope they take that into account,' he said.
'You can take it to the next stage, to CAS, and that would be the final appeal stage.'
Whether a case is suitable for the DRC or player status committee (PSC) depends on the nature of the dispute, if it is club-to-club or player-to-club.
McGuire said: 'It's a matter of which avenue is most appropriate. It could be seen as a dispute between Manchester United and West Ham, or between Tevez and West Ham.'
McGuire is also deputy chief executive for the Professional Footballers' Association, who have expressed concern over the issue of third-party ownership that is at the heart of the Tevez case.
PFA chief executive Gordon Taylor has previously highlighted the problems of players being owned by companies or individuals.
'It's trafficking in people, which is never good,' said Taylor.
'Once you get an individual or a company - not a football club - owning a player, you will get trouble.
'From a PFA point of view, you can't have players owned by individuals rather than clubs because it will make a mockery of the transfer system - and we don't want people trading in people.
'If you have a situation where that is the case then it will lead to nothing but trouble for the integrity of the game.'
Think Man u is getting sian wif WestHam liao!
FIFA to rule on Tevez transfer
The future of United target Carlos Tevez lies with FIFA as world football’s governing body will decide upon a solution to the ongoing saga surrounding the Argentina striker’s transfer from West Ham.
Tevez arrived in Manchester on Tuesday afternoon with the intention of undergoing a medical, but that was reportedly blocked by West Ham.
At a press conference in Seoul, the second stage of United’s tour of the Far East, Reds chief executive David Gill said he is confident that Tevez will “get his wish to join United”, but said the matter would be taken to FIFA.
"There have been a lot of discussions with the Premier League, West Ham and Maurice Watkins (United's lawyer) over the last few days," Gill said at a press conference. "Now, the player and West Ham will take the case to the FIFA dispute resolution chamber.
"We're very confident, as is the player, that the situation will be resolved in favour of Tevez," he added. "He will then be free to achieve his , and our, wish to join United.”
However, Gill knows patience is required as a conclusion to the already procrastinated negotiations are not necessarily immediately within sight. Crucially, however, Gill believes a resolution can be achieved through FIFA and that Tevez will be able to join up with the United squad for the new season.
“It may take a short period," he concluded, "but, based on what we've seen and the discussions we've had over the last few weeks, we're very confident this will be resolved and that Tevez will be a major of Sir Alex's squad this season.”
New boys play waiting game
Alamak season havent start injured already!Owen Hargreaves will have to wait a little longer for his United debut after Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed he is struggling to be fit for the Reds' second Asia tour match in Seoul.
Hargreaves has a minor knee problem, while fellow new signing Nani missed the first match due to an ankle injury he picked up during the European U21 Championships last month.
However, Nani is now in contention for a place in Friday's match against FC Seoul. Hargreaves may have to wait for next Monday's match against Shenzhen FC in Macau.
"Owen has a touch of tendonitis in his knee," revealed the United boss. "It is not particularly serious. It happens with a lot of players at the start of the season and maybe he will be okay for the third game.
"Nani picked up an ankle injury during the European Under-21 Championships. It is not long-term but there is no need to rush him back," added the boss earlier this week. But, on Wednesday afternoon, Nani's chances of making Friday's game had improved.
Sir Alex was pleased with his side's display in Tuesday's 2-2 draw with J League side Urawa Red Diamonds. And the Reds' boss says he has already seen enough from his players to give him plenty of confidence ahead of the new campaign.
"I said before the start of last season we were starting off on a journey that could take them a long way," he explained.
"We are hoping for early indicators about the progress of the players and team and we saw further evidence on Tuesday that there is no regression.
"You always look to see whether the enthusiasm is still there, whether the desire is still there and whether the players are still enjoying their football. I think we saw that they are."
Edwin relaxed over future
As he prepares to enter the final year of his contract, Edwin van der Sar says he is not thinking about life beyond the upcoming season.
The Dutch goalkeeper, who joined the Reds in June 2005, is out of contract at the end of the 2007/08 campaign.
A cruciate ligament injury to returning loan stopper Ben Foster means van der Sar will definitely start the season as number one and the 36-year-old says he is focused on helping the team do well, rather than worrying about where he will be this time next year.
"I don't know what is going to happen at the end of the season," he admits. "I am at a certain stage in my life when you just take it step-by-step.
"When you are 28 you might sign a four-or-five year deal, it is the same when you are 21. I am not that age, so I am not worried about the situaion.
"When you reach my age, you have to take it like that both in terms of the club and the player. You must always try to keep the pleasure in your game.
"When you don't have that 100 per cent desire any more, you can stop or go to a lower level or whatever."
Van der Sar has been a solid performer for the Reds during his two-year stay at Old Trafford. But he is the first to admit that his displays towards the end of the last campaign were not at the level they should be.
"I didn't have the same consistency at the end of the season as I had in the previous part of the season," he says. "I don't know why.
"It is difficult to be 100% over the whole year. There were a couple of things not to my satisfaction. Of course, you think about your mistakes, you analyse them. Then you have to get on with it."
Carrick: The future is bright
Michael Carrick believes big things lie ahead for the Reds next season after seeing the squad boosted by three - potentially four - new signings.
The summer captures of Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson, plus the imminent arrival of Carlos Tevez, have further strengthened an already burgeoning squad.
Carrick remains unsure as to how and where everyone will fit into the current set-up, but he believes the strength in depth within the squad is second to none.
"The manager has not said anything to us yet about the way he intends to use us all," explained the England international.
"We have played different formations in the past, not always a rigid 4-4-2. With the players we have, there tends to be a lot of movement anyway. We will have to see.
"Maybe in tough away games it might get changed. We did it last season at times. We are all good enough to compliment each other.
"You have to be at your best to play for Manchester United. The more world-class players we have the more it will benefit us.
"It's great to be part of this club and everyone is raring to go. There is a big challenge out there for us this season.
"We want to win every tournament we go in for. We half expect to win them. But it is going to be tough - tougher than last year. Everyone will improve and I am sure we will get better as a team."
The wealth of attacking options at Sir Alex's disposal could mean more time on the sidelines for some. Carrick remains unfazed by the situation, insisting everyone is in the same boat.
"It's a long season with a lot of games and there will be times when you are out of the side," reasoned Carrick. "But when you are in, you will have to play well.
"There is a lot of class in our midfield and we are only going to get better. You can't help it when you have players like Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs to learn off.
"I know I have improved so much by watching them and playing with them. We are only going to get better as a team and the future for us is bright."
Boss: Ji is our Seoul spy
Sir Alex Ferguson joked that he will hand Ji-sung Park the assistant manager's role for the Reds' second game of their Asia Tour against FC Seoul.
United take on the Korean side at the Seoul World Cup Stadium on Friday and the Reds' boss has sought guidance from the 26-year-old winger on how best to approach the match.
"Ji has already warned me that they are a very strong side," said Sir Alex at his pre-match press conference. "He will be my assistant coach for the game!
"We're all looking forward to the match but we're expecting another tough test.
"The progress of Korean football has been fantastic and what the South Korean team achieved at the 2002 World Cup was extraordinary.
"Hopefully Friday's match will be another good game between two good sides."
Sir Alex will field another strong side in Korea just as he did in the Reds' 2-2 draw with Urawa Red Diamonds in Tokyo on Tuesday. And he is hoping to see an improvement in the team's tempo over the course of the 90 minutes.
"I thought there was a good speed and tempo to our game in the first half against Urawa Reds," he explained. "But there were signs of us tiring in the second period and the game became quite stretched.
"I expect to see an improvement to the intensity of our game in the second half on Friday and hopefully we can win the match as well."
Kuszak comes close. Ben Foster macham short short. Though he is about 183 tall, by world class he is considered short for me.
I am already 181 and I think not tall enough. Rio Ferdinand is like 190.
For a long long time we do not have a proper goal keeper liao....Clown Botak Bartez, Bochor Massimo Taibi and the drug sniffing guy from Villa(can't remember his name suddenly)....all were a joke....and finally VDS arrived and started to calm down the back 4 a bit....but now he is getting old and slow....I am sure he will make even more mistakes this year....so I think it's time to give Kuszak and Foster more field time....really hope they can do their job man since the other department all fully covered this time round
OH NO! ROSSI is possibly going out of OT ?!?!?!?!?
THATS A WRONG MOVE GAFFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But this isn't the case. This sage will now drag very long, might not be in time for the transfer window.