Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3182326272829303338 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    If the strikers can pass thru Man U defense it means they are good

Latest: Tevez to join Man U on loan for 2 yrs
    Hm.....move away Real Madrid......we are the new Galactico

I am actually quite surprise that how much money MU has spend this season.....the Glazzier has really proved me wrong with all the commitment so far...well done....but I think all this will come at the expense of the supporters

tevez to join 2 yrs on loan !?? confirm liao bo?

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    tevez to join 2 yrs on loan !?? confirm liao bo?
    Dunno. Club have not confirm but Sky Sports claimed this:

Tevez to seal United loan
    Carlos Tevez has agreed to join Manchester United on loan - sources have told Sky Sports News.

The Argentine international is set to join United on a initial two-year term, with an option for a further three-year stay at Old Trafford.

It is reported that a United delegation has flown to Venezuela - where Tevez is with Argentina competing in the Copa America.

United want Tevez signed and sealed as soon as possible, so they have travelled to South America to conclude the deal.

United will be hopeful of concluding the deal within the next 48 hours.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...al+United+loan

Tevez 'agrees terms' with Man Utd

Striker Carlos Tevez has agreed personal terms with Manchester United, according to his representatives.
    The Premier League says the transfer must be "done directly" with West Ham rather than his agent Kia Joorabchian.

And West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson insists the 23-year-old Argentine is a registered Hammers player and is expected to return for the new season.

But Joorabchian's lawyers say the deal has progressed with the "knowledge and permission" of the Upton Park outfit.

Tevez has made no secret of his desire to move to Old Trafford, a proposed transfer he has described as a "dream", and it appears it has taken a step closer to being realised.

The statement from Joorabchian's lawyers read: "The circumstances surrounding Carlos Tevez's relationship with West Ham have been well documented in the media and footballing world.

"We confirm that Carlos Tevez has, with the knowledge and permission of West Ham, been in discussions with other clubs.

"Subsequently, personal terms have now been agreed with Manchester United.

Today's transfer rumours:

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez says his agents have told Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson he is joining the Premier League champions. (The People) - Wonder when will the deal be done.....or even the league boss sanction it or not.

The Hammers have evicted Tevez from his London apartment, despite claims they want him to stay. (News of the World) -

Liverpool have offered nearly £14m for Porto winger Ricardo Quaresma. (NotW)

Liverpool defender Jamie Carragher is prepared to quit the England team after being left out of the Euro 2008 qualifier in Estonia. (Mail on Sunday)

Sweden's Christian Wilhelmsson will be Sven-Goran Eriksson's first signing as Manchester City manager. The Nantes winger will cost £500,000. (NotW)

Eriksson will not sign Michael Owen from Newcastle or do a loan deal for LA Galaxy's David Beckham. (Sunday Mirror)

City are eyeing West Brom's Hungarian playmaker Zoltan Gera. (People)

Eriksson is keen on Middlesbrough striker Yakubu and will cough up £12m. Yakubu is keen on City. (Observer)

City and Blackburn are going head-to-head in a £4.5m battle to sign Bayern Munich's Paraguay international striker Roque Santa Cruz. (The People)

Everton defender, midfielder, skipper and general utility man Phil Neville has snubbed City's overtures. (Mail)

So Eriksson has turned his attention to West Ham's Paul Konchesky. (Mirror)

The Swede also plans a swoop on neighbours Manchester United for striker Alan Smith and midfielder Kieran Richardson. (People) Both to Man City?

And he made an audacious late attempt to hijack Liverpool's move for Spain striker Fernando Torres. (Mirror)

Torres also rejected a big-money offer from Inter Milan. "From a little boy I was always a Liverpool fan." (NotW)

Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry says the striker's arrival persuaded manager Rafa Benitez to stay. (People)

Robbie Fowler could sign for Leicester. If the striker moves he will be joined at the Foxes by former Charlton defender Talal El Karkouri. (People)

Cardiff also want former Reds striker Fowler on a one-year deal. (NotW)

Midfielder Owen Garvan has walked out on Ipswich which could spark interest at Manchester City, Fulham and Everton, who have previously been keen. (People)

Newcastle's new owner Mike Ashley has set his heart on seeing Raul and Deco sporting the black and white. (NotW)

Feyenoord have signed Nuri Sahin, which looks like paving the way for Royston Drenthe to join Chelsea. (People)

Tottenham are still keen on Chelsea's Shaun Wright-Phillips. (Mirror)

Lyon's Florent Malouda has sealed his move to the Blues which means Arjen Robben can join Real Madrid. (NotW)

Defender Andy Todd will follow in father Colin's footsteps and sport Derby County colours. (People)

The Rams want Monaco striker Mohammed Kallon for £1.4m. Middlesbrough and Wigan are also tracking him. (NotW)

Wigan are planning a busy week. They will sign West Brom's Jason Koumas, West Ham's Marlon Harewood and Fulham skipper Michael Brown. (People)

Midfielder Lee Hendrie is mulling over a move to Middlesbrough. (NotW)

Sunderland are set to sign Boro goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer. (People)

But they face competition from Bayern Munich for the Australian. (NotW)

Boro will bring in Sheffield United striker Rob Hulse. (People)

And coming through the door at Bramall Lane is Thomas Gravesen. The Blades will offer Celtic more than £3m for the teak-tough Danish midfielder. (People)

West Brom striker Kevin Phillips will link up with former boss Bryan Robson at Sheffield United. (NotW)

Charlton are planning to beat the Baggies to the signature of Fulham striker Heidar Helgusson, who has been told he can leave the Cottage. (People)

While former Addicks front man Kevin Lisbie is wanted by Reading. (People)

The Royals are also lining up a move for Nantes midfielder Emerse Fae. They asked about him in January and will soon get their man for £2.5m. (Various)

Belgium's Philippe Leonard is desperate to leave Feyenoord for Blackburn after a January move collapsed. "I was ready to swim the Channel to join." (NotW)

St Etienne defender Fousseni Diawara will join Birmingham for £2m. (Various)

Arsenal will finally complete a £7.5m deal for Auxerre defender Bakary Sagna this week. (Mirror)

Forward Jose Antonio Reyes has come to London to beg Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger to let him leave the club and join Real Madrid. (NotW)

Gunners midfielder Cesc Fabregas could still sign for Real Madrid this summer, according to his agent. (NotW)

Hibs are set to sell David Murphy this week in a £500,000 deal to either West Brom or Nottingham Forest. (Sunday Mail)

Celtic have turned down the opportunity to sign Craig Bellamy from Liverpool. (Sunday Mirror)
    Last edited by afbug; 9th July 2007 at 01:12 AM.

Tevez eyes working with Fergie and Ronaldo

Manchester United target Carlos Tevez believes he will learn a lot from manager Sir Alex Ferguson, should his move to Old Trafford go ahead.

The Argentina striker is at the centre of controversial and complicated negotiations between the Red Devils, West Ham and his agent Kia Joorabchian.

Tevez's representatives will try to finalise his move to United within the next week but the deal is being held up by the Premier League's insistence that the transfer is conducted through West Ham, who have insisted there is no agreement in place for him to join the champions.

However, the player is keen to link up with Ferguson.

'I only know Alex Ferguson from what I see from the outside but I believe he is a great manager and that I will be a good pupil for him,' Tevez said in the Daily Mirror.

'Manchester United is a team with a very offensive, attacking style of play. This is the system I always desire.

'Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the best players in the world. I have spoken with him during the season and I admire him for being a star on the pitch and on the street.'

Although Man U is loaning Tevez , my brother and i was still hoping that man u will buy Torres but too bad, Torres now a Red...

United set for Sunday start

United will kick off the defence of their Barclays Premier League crown against Reading on Sunday 12 August (KO 16:00 BST) live on Sky.

The Reds' season opener is the first of several early-season fixtures to be rearranged for television coverage on Sky Sports or Setanta Sports.

The Manchester derby has been put back to Sunday 19 August (KO 13:30 BST), while the visit of Tottenham the following weekend has been moved to the Sunday (KO 16:00 BST).

Further clashes against Sunderland, Everton, Chelsea, Birmingham, Wigan, Aston Villa, Arsenal and Liverpool have all been moved.

United's return clashes with local rivals Manchester City and Liverpool have also been rearranged.

The derby moves back to Sunday, 28 February (KO 12:00 BST), while the Merseysiders' visit to OT remains on Saturday, 22 March, but with a 12:00 BST kick-off.

Neville: Exciting times ahead

Gary Neville is desperate to be fit for the start of the new season because he insists these are exciting times at Old Trafford.

The United skipper underwent an ankle operation six weeks ago but has been working hard in training in a race to be fit for the start of the campaign.

"I had an operation on my ankle about five to six weeks ago," he said. "I've been training really hard and feeling really strong and I hope I'm fit for the start of the season because I am longing to play. I need to get fit as soon as possible because I love playing for Manchester United."

Neville's eagerness to return stems in part from the strengthening of United's squad over the summer months. The introduction of Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson has merely enhanced the champions' squad.

The Bury-born defender thinks United's rivals underestimated the Reds last season, but that will certainly not be the case in 2007/08.

"Nobody thought we would win the league last season," he added. "But they underestimated us. They underestimated the knowledge and class of our manager.

"For two to three years we had been in suffering. At the start of the season we added Michael Carrick to our squad and lost Ruud van Nistelrooy. But Chelsea added Andriy Shevchenko and Michael Ballack.

"But the manager knew what he was doing over a period of two years in building a new team and now we are in a fantastic position. Last season we played the best football, the most attacking and entertaining football - and we deserved to win the trophy.

"I don't think a United fan could ever be as excited about the players, the team and about the way the club is, as today."

Tevez in Reds vow

Carlos Tevez says he has given his word to Sir Alex Ferguson that he will join United.

The 23-year-old, currently on international duty with Argentina at the Copa Amercia, claims negoiations between his advisors and the club are at an advanced stage and he is relishing the chance to play for the Reds.

"Through my backers I have given my word to Mr Ferguson," Tevez is quoted as saying in The People. "They have told him I'll be at Manchester United next season and once I make a promise I don't go back on it.

"There isn't a player who would turn down this opportunity and the negotiations are too far advanced to go back now.

"I have been open and honest with West Ham every step of the way and I hope the fans understand."

If he joins, Tevez will become United's fourth major signing of the summer following the arrivals of Owen Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson.
    I think he is more desperate to come to OT then man u getting him!

Ole: I'll be ready for new season

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will be ready for the start of the new campaign despite doubts over his fitness.

The 34-year-old underwent further surgery on his troublesome knee earlier in the summer after suffering some discomfort towards the end of the last campaign.

Solskjaer says his recovery is going well and he is confident of being fit for the United's Premier League opener against Reading in August.

"I'll be starting from scratch, but I will be fit for the league opener," he said.

"I won't be able to play two matches a week all season, but if I regain top shape I hope to add upon what I achieved last season."

Solskjaer refuses to put a timescale on his career, insisting he will play on for as long as he is able.

"The knee will never be 100 per cent again, but as long as it doesn't hurt I'll continue to play," he added.

"I don't know how long I can continue. It might be over after this season or I might be able to play another season."
    Yeah...... good to have Ole back!

Papers: Smith wants talks

Smith's up to summit
    Alan Smith wants talks with Sir Alex Ferguson this week before deciding whether to quit Manchester United.
    The England striker is due to return to training, but Middlesbrough and Everton head the queue of clubs interested in taking him if United sell.
    However, Smith will not leave Old Trafford until he is sure his first-team chances are remote – and he plans to discuss his future with Ferguson to find out the answers.
    Alan Nixon, Daily Mirror

Meanwhile, Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry is quoted in The Daily Telegraph calling for temporary moves to be banned in the Premiership. His comments coincide with United's reported deal with West Ham to land Carlos Tevez on an initial two-year loan before having the option of securing the Argentinean permanently.

The same publication hint that Reds winger Kieran Richardson is a potential target for Manchester City. Former England manager Sven Goran Eriksson took over at Eastlands last week.

Quote Originally Posted by ratchet1981 View Post
    Although Man U is loaning Tevez , my brother and i was still hoping that man u will buy Torres but too bad, Torres now a Red...
    I'll take Tevez over Torres for the fact that he can perform in the Premier League as shown last season for West Ham. Torres need a longer time to settle and might not be a success. These foreign generally need 4-6 months and above to settle.

It took Evra and Vidic 1/2 a season before they come good. C. Ronaldo took 3 seasons to get to where he is today.

Boss: Tevez deal is close

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that United are trying to sign Argentine striker Carlos Tevez, and he hopes to complete a deal in the near future.

Frenzied speculation in the latter half of last week predicted that United would have wrapped up a deal for the West Ham star over the weekend.

No deal has yet been completed, but Sir Alex claims that - as far as he is aware - there are no complications in a deal which is ready to go through.

"We are in negotiations, which has been well documented," he said, speaking at a press conference to unveil new signings Owen Hargreaves and Nani.

"[Club Solicitor] Maurice Watkins has been working on it for a month, maybe more, to make sure the deal is perfectly clear and there are no side issues.

"To be honest I thought it would have all been sorted by the weekend just gone. It must be the Premier League that is holding it up.

"From what David [Gill] and Maurice said everything was ready to go. Unless something's being held back from us, I don't know of anything that's holding it up.

"The essential parts of the deal are all agreed, hopefully it will be finalised soon."

Tevez Tevez Tevez

Anyone knows if the jersey is in stores already?

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I'll take Tevez over Torres for the fact that he can perform in the Premier League as shown last season for West Ham. Torres need a longer time to settle and might not be a success. These foreign generally need 4-6 months and above to settle.

It took Evra and Vidic 1/2 a season before they come good. C. Ronaldo took 3 seasons to get to where he is today.
    for me, i would prefer torres. as i've said previously, tevez is quite similar to rooney. SAF needs to come up with a major tactical change that fits tevez and rooney together, and i think tevez issnt the type of player (like rooney) who can give us goals week after week.

i agree torres would not make an immediate impact in pool. but i think he will be good 2 seasons from now. strong and good finisher
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    for me, i would prefer torres. as i've said previously, tevez is quite similar to rooney. SAF needs to come up with a major tactical change that fits tevez and rooney together, and i think tevez issnt the type of player (like rooney) who can give us goals week after week.

i agree torres would not make an immediate impact in pool. but i think he will be good 2 seasons from now. strong and good finisher
    Torres, along with Crouch plays in the same position as Rooney and Tevez in case u dunno. The one that is an out and out striker is Hunntelar.

Here, someone did the explaining. He explains best. I've did said the same thing too at HWZ's Man Utd thread.
    http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showp...0&postcount=61

FYI, Tevez plays on the flanks for Argentina as well.

Edit:
    Sir Alex Ferguson is expecting Manchester United to complete the signing of Carlos Tevez in the coming days.

The Argentine has agreed personal terms to join the Premier League champions, who are trying to resolve the issue of his registration with West Ham United and the Premier League.

Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian is also involved in the negotiation process, but Ferguson believes the matter will conclude with the striker moving to Old Trafford.

"We have had a negotiation, it's well documented, with Carlos Tevez," said Ferguson at a press conference on Sky Sports News.

"The essential parts, it's all agreed, we're just hoping to finalise it soon.

"I thought it was going to be done by last weekend. Everything seemed perfectly okay, so the hold-up must be with the Premier League."

Ferguson also anticipates none of the problems which blighted West Ham's signing of Tevez, with the East London club fined £5.5million.

The United manager insists nothing 'dodgy' will occur in his club's quest to bring the South American to the club.

He added: "I don't know about the intricacies, I've left that to Maurice Watkins, he's dealing with that.

"I'm sure the outcome will be that we will be taking him with complete clarity in the deal, with no suspicions or anything dodgy about it.

"There is no way we can be involved in anything that's underhand at all."

Tevez's capture would complete a big-spending summer for Ferguson, who has already secured deals for Anderson, Owen Hargreaves and Nani.
    http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?...Tevez+transfer
    Last edited by afbug; 10th July 2007 at 03:16 AM.

I am surprised Owen has not been given the nos 8 jersey.

May be Tevez, Owen and Anderson gotta bid for the nos