Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Smudge keen to remain a Red

Alan Smith claims he wants to stay with United and spare the club another dip into the summer transfer market.

The firebrand forward, signed from Leeds in 2004, has been linked with a host of Premier League clubs all summer, while United have supposedly eyed a host of potential new strikers.

However, The Sun quotes Smith as saying: "I don't want to leave. We need forwards and I want to have a proper go this season."

Everton are the latest club to be linked with a move for Smith, who has also allegedly caught the eye of Tottenham, Newcastle, Sunderland and Portsmouth.

Smith admitted last month that he was unsure of Sir Alex Ferguson's plans for him, and the issue is likely to be towards the top of the Manager's agenda when his squad returns to pre-season training on Wednesday.
    Hope SAF settle smudge case soon.... think can extend him on yearly basis just like SAF

Papers: Toffees want two

Moyes ponders bid for United's Smith and Richardson
    David Moyes, the Everton manager, is considering a joing £8m offer to Manchester United for Alan Smith and Kieran Richardson. Both England fringe players are free to leave Old Trafford this summer and are courting interest from several Premiership clubs and Moyes, an admirer of Smith and keen to strengthen his left wing, is now prepared to bid for the pair.
    Andy Hunter, The Independent

Meanwhile, Gabriel Heinze continues to be the subject of transfer speculation, with The Times echoing the weekend's rumours of a possible £4m move to Liverpool.

Sir Alex and Wayne Rooney's aspirations for the coming season are both outlined in The Mirror, with the Reds' new no.10 pledging to win more than "just the odd trophy".

Elsewhere, The Daily Mail claim United have finally found a replacement for Roy Keane in Owen Hargreaves… and Michael Carrick. The paper suggests that only when the two players' attributes are combined can United truly boast a complete central midfield package.
    need Carrick n Hargreaves to replace Keane

I think how about offer the Toffees 2 toffee sweets

Heinze go to reds if were to stay in EPL stay with man u better!

Rooney harbours high hopes

Wayne Rooney spent last season desperate to get his hands on his first Premier League trophy. Now he's held the prize aloft, he can't wait to add to his medal tally.

Rooney, who joined United from Everton in August 2004 and has now won both the league and the Carling Cup with the Reds, told The Mirror he's hungry for more success.

"It's just not just about winning the odd trophy," he said. "It's about winning them all the time."

The 21-year-old striker, who last week switched squad numbers to take over the no.10 shirt previously worn by United hitmen Denis Law and Mark Hughes, said legends like those provided constant motivation.

"The [current] players know their role in keeping up the club's amazing history and success. Players in the past have set the standard: now we've got to carry it on."
    Hope he maintain his standard n consistency!

Boss wants to see hunger

Sir Alex Ferguson has challenged his young champions to show their mettle in the new season and continue unabated in their quest for success.

Last season's Barclays Premier League success was the ninth of Sir Alex's reign at United, but provided a first title for the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

And the Gaffer fully expects his young charges to set about the new season with just the same bloodthirst which reaped dividends last term.

"When it comes to the new season I never ask questions of the likes of Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Gary Neville," Sir Alex said upon the launch of United's new home kit.

"They answer themselves. But to the ones who have won their first trophy, they need to ask themselves - will that be enough?

"If you achieve anything it creates excitement, develops you as a person and gives you the understanding not to lose and to go on and win again.

"After you have won a trophy, you enjoy it but the next day it leaves you and the hard works begins again. You're looking for the next one, the next challenge and that is what drives the best players on."

Sir Alex also revealed his delight at sealing the Premier League trophy while still remaining true to the club's ethos of entertainment, despite a three-year gap between titles.

"The modern game has changed so dramatically that it can be very difficult to uphold standards," he conceded. "The last two years have been difficult, yet we have still played the Manchester United way and worked our way to the top of the Premier League - and that reflects the principles of this club.

"Last season we scored 83 goals in the Premiership and to score that many in the modern game is phenomenal. A few seasons before we were three short of 100 goals.

"There has been such a rise in standards in the Premiership, the bar has been raised and you saw that last season between ourselves and Chelsea. There was not much in it in terms of points.

"However, to score 83 is testimony to a great achievement and answers any questions that have been asked of us. What makes it even more special is that the goals were from fantastic open play."

United fans wouldn't have success any other way, and the Gaffer concedes that his side do have an enduring commitment to playing with flair and panache.

"It really demonstrated the link between the players' excitement and the lustre of the club," he continued. "The world profile United holds gives you a certain responsibility.

"A responsibility to deal with situations in a professional way, in almost a perfect way. It becomes your mission to uphold the tradition of play in the right way.

"Winning the title last season was the club's greatest achievement, simply because it's a relatively new team together, and hopefully it's going to get even better because of that."
    Cant wait for the new season to start!!! Hopefully the new guys can blend into the team smoothly! Then we can start our Treble Quest!!!

Heinze happy to deliberate

Gabriel Heinze concedes he could leave Old Trafford, but it will take interest from a huge club to convince him to give up his 'perfect' life in Manchester.

The popular Argentinian defender has been linked with the Old Trafford exit door since the emergence of Patrice Evra as first-choice left back last season.

A host of top European clubs have been tipped to move for the combative 29-year-old, while surprise tabloid headlines over the weekend credited Liverpool with an interest.

"I already play for one super club and other ones such as Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus have been mentioned," Heinze is quoted as saying in the Manchester Evening News.

"For me to go the offer has to be good for everyone. I'm very comfortable in Manchester. I've been a champion, captain and the fans love me. Everything is perfect."

Gaby is currently on international duty in Venezuela as Argentina endeavour to reclaim the Copa America, and he is currently devoting all his attention to that goal rather than a prospective transfer.

"I'm only going to be focusing on the Argentina shirt for the next three weeks," he said.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    If Silvestre and Heinze leaves, then left Evra as the sole senior left back. Can sell 1 only!

Today's transfer rumours:

Barcelona will make a £12m bid for England and Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard. (The Sun)

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has cut short his holiday to clinch a move to Liverpool. (The Sun)

Arsenal will raid Dinamo Zagreb again and make a bid for their £5m-rated midfielder Ognjen Vukojevic. (The Sun)

Chelsea are set to offer £14m for Sevilla's Brazilian right-back Daniel Alves. (Various)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is ready to swoop for Preston's David Nugent after the striker's move to Sunderland collapsed. (Various)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is keen to tempt Barcelona's former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen back to England. (The Sun)

Charlton will bid £2m for Southend striker Freddie Eastwood. (Various)

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is watching AZ Alkmaar right-back Gretar Steinsson. (Various)

Sunderland manager Roy Keane have agreed a £5m deal with West Brom for defenders Paul Robinson and Paul McShane. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham are leading the chase for Fenerbahce £5m-rated midfielder Stephen Appiah. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eager to complete a £6m deal for Auxerre defender Bakari Sagna. (Various)

Tottenham are interested in signing Dinamo Zagreb's 21-year-old right-back Vedran Corluka. (The Times)

Portsmouth and Birmingham are in competition to sign Arsenal defender Johan Djourou on loan. (The Times)

Everton will step up their interest in Wigan left-back Leighton Baines, despite the Latics insisting he is not for sale. (The Times)

Arsenal still want to bring Bolton's Nicolas Anelka back to the club, but Valencia are also keen. (Various)

Birmingham have held talks with Celta Vigo's Daniel De Ridder. (The Times)

Everton manager David Moyes is considering launching a bid for Manchester United pair Alan Smith and Kieran Richardson. (Various) - Sell Richardson!! Seems like he got quite a few suitors!

Liverpool are on the verge of signing Manchester United left-back Gabriel Heinze. (Various)

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is closing in on Marseille's 28-year-old Senegal international defender Habib Beye. (Daily Mail)

Everton boss David Moyes is ready to pay £4m for Sheffield United's Phil Jagielka and will also bid for West Brom's Jason Koumas. (Daily Mail)

Wigan are also keen on signing Koumas and will offer £5m for him. (Various)

Chelsea have made a £13m move for Lyon's France international winger Florent Malouda. (Daily Star)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is set to spend £30m on Jermain Defoe, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Nigel Reo-Coker and Jussi Jaaskelainen. (Daily Star)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is interested in signing Italian keeper Morgan De Sanctis from Udinese. (Daily Star)

Steven Naismith has set Kilmarnock a 48-hour deadline to agree a £1.5m transfer that will get him a move to Rangers. (Scottish Daily Express)

Osasuna player of the season and Iran international, Javad Nekounam, has turned down an offer from Ibrox following a £1m bid. (Scottish Daily Express)

Borussia Dortmund's Swiss striker Alexander Frei is still on Celtic manager Gordon Strachan's radar after missing out on Maceo Rigters. (Scottish Daily Express)

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Reds complete triple signing

Huh 5yrs onli

5 yrs is the longest already
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    If Silvestre and Heinze leaves, then left Evra as the sole senior left back. Can sell 1 only!

Barcelona will make a £12m bid for England and Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard. (The Sun)

Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres has cut short his holiday to clinch a move to Liverpool. (The Sun)

Arsenal will raid Dinamo Zagreb again and make a bid for their £5m-rated midfielder Ognjen Vukojevic. (The Sun)

Chelsea are set to offer £14m for Sevilla's Brazilian right-back Daniel Alves. (Various)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is ready to swoop for Preston's David Nugent after the striker's move to Sunderland collapsed. (Various)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is keen to tempt Barcelona's former Chelsea striker Eidur Gudjohnsen back to England. (The Sun)

Charlton will bid £2m for Southend striker Freddie Eastwood. (Various)

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate is watching AZ Alkmaar right-back Gretar Steinsson. (Various)

Sunderland manager Roy Keane have agreed a £5m deal with West Brom for defenders Paul Robinson and Paul McShane. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham are leading the chase for Fenerbahce £5m-rated midfielder Stephen Appiah. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is eager to complete a £6m deal for Auxerre defender Bakari Sagna. (Various)

Tottenham are interested in signing Dinamo Zagreb's 21-year-old right-back Vedran Corluka. (The Times)

Portsmouth and Birmingham are in competition to sign Arsenal defender Johan Djourou on loan. (The Times)

Everton will step up their interest in Wigan left-back Leighton Baines, despite the Latics insisting he is not for sale. (The Times)

Arsenal still want to bring Bolton's Nicolas Anelka back to the club, but Valencia are also keen. (Various)

Birmingham have held talks with Celta Vigo's Daniel De Ridder. (The Times)

Everton manager David Moyes is considering launching a bid for Manchester United pair Alan Smith and Kieran Richardson. (Various) - Sell Richardson!! Seems like he got quite a few suitors!

Liverpool are on the verge of signing Manchester United left-back Gabriel Heinze. (Various)

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce is closing in on Marseille's 28-year-old Senegal international defender Habib Beye. (Daily Mail)

Everton boss David Moyes is ready to pay £4m for Sheffield United's Phil Jagielka and will also bid for West Brom's Jason Koumas. (Daily Mail)

Wigan are also keen on signing Koumas and will offer £5m for him. (Various)

Chelsea have made a £13m move for Lyon's France international winger Florent Malouda. (Daily Star)

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill is set to spend £30m on Jermain Defoe, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Nigel Reo-Coker and Jussi Jaaskelainen. (Daily Star)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is interested in signing Italian keeper Morgan De Sanctis from Udinese. (Daily Star)

Steven Naismith has set Kilmarnock a 48-hour deadline to agree a £1.5m transfer that will get him a move to Rangers. (Scottish Daily Express)

Osasuna player of the season and Iran international, Javad Nekounam, has turned down an offer from Ibrox following a £1m bid. (Scottish Daily Express)

Borussia Dortmund's Swiss striker Alexander Frei is still on Celtic manager Gordon Strachan's radar after missing out on Maceo Rigters. (Scottish Daily Express)
    Snice Richardson got so many suitors what Man U could do is put him up on auction he then go to the one with highest bid!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Yeah, I agree. We don't want to be caught with a similar situation, though highly unlikely, where all the regular backline are downed with injuries. Given a choice, I would rather SAF sells Silvestre. He's past his heydays.

ya go sell richardson keep smudgey and rossi!
    these few days so little man u news lol. all came fast and furious at the first few days....

pool got torres now, u think they gonna sell bellamy?

Yeah, I agree. We don't want to be caught with a similar situation, though highly unlikely, where all the regular backline are downed with injuries. Given a choice, I would rather SAF sells Silvestre. He's past his heydays.
    but if sell silvestre, who will buy??
    i hope heinze doesnt leave, i still have trust in him after watching his first season....

ya i would rather keep heinze than silvestre too.Heinze more zai and i tink silvestre is too prone to mistakes

He is being link to Bordeaux snice last season iirc!

I think sell him is better then selling Heinze, less prone to mistake at least wun score own goal!

Maybe SAF wanna give the reserves a break. Maybe he feels that a promising left back deserves to be given a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    these few days so little man u news lol. all came fast and furious at the first few days....

Selling Richardson is like signing a wrold class player!

If Liv selling, it got to be Bellamy. He is not good enough. Score so few goals and it isn't his 1st season like Kuyt. Crouch's situation is a mystery that i dun understand. I see Torres as the 2nd striker and I think what Liv need is someone like Eto.

but if sell silvestre, who will buy??
    i hope heinze doesnt leave, i still have trust in him after watching his first season....
    The problem with Heinze is his lack of pace recently. When someone like Bellamy can turn him inside out, it dun look good on him.

Maybe Keane will buy Silvestre.

dun think they will sell him they just got him onli although he got not much of impact they might use him as spare!

Chelsea have told Barcelona that Frank Lampard is not for sale after rejecting a £12m bid from the Spanish club. (Daily Star)

Portsmouth are set to sign Rennes midfielder Arnold Mvuemba after agreeing a £2.5m fee with the French club. (Various)

Sunderland hope to sign Manchester United midfielder Kieran Richardson for £2.5m, despite interest from Everton. (Daily Mail) - Sell! Sell! Sell!

Chelsea have been told they will have to offer £20m if they are to have any chance of landing Sevilla full-back Daniel Alves. (Daily Mail)

Rangers have started fresh talks over their bid to land Kilmarnock striker Steven Naismith. (Daily Record)

Wigan have made a £2.5m bid for Fulham midfielder Michael Brown. (Daily Mirror)

VfB Stuttgart are set to swoop for Watford striker Tamas Priskin. (The Sun)

Jermain Defoe's future at Tottenham is in doubt after the striker, who has been linked to Aston Villa and Portsmouth, refused to start talks over a new five-year contract. (Daily Star)

Manchester United defender Mikael Silvestre is wanted by Bordeaux. (Various) - Bye bye!

West Brom striker Diomansy Kamara's move to Fulham has collapsed, meaning Heidar Helguson, who has been mooted as a makeweight in a £5m deal will stay at Craven Cottage. (Daily Express)

The likelihood of Manchester United defender Gabriel Heinze moving to Liverpool has receded because the Old Trafford outfit are understood to be uncomfortable with selling the Argentine to one of their biggest rivals. (Daily Telegraph) - Sell la, since they like our rejects!

Liverpool striker Djibril Cisse is close to a permanent deal with Marseille, despite interest from West Ham. (Daily Telegraph)

Everton are set to step up their interest in Sheffield United utility player Phil Jagielka following the confirmation of the Blades' relegation to the Championship. (The Times)

Real Madrid are interested in Lyon winger Florent Malouda, who is being targeted by Chelsea, as well as Blues winger Arjen Robben. (The Independent)

Reading are still interested in Nantes midfielder Emerse Fae. (The Times)

Striker Jeremie Aliadiere has vowed to prove Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger wrong after leaving the Gunners - where he made only 19 starts in almost eight years - for Middlesbrough. (Various)

Liverpool striker Peter Crouch has been assured he has a future at Anfield, despite the impending arrival of Fernando Torres from Atletico Madrid. (Various)

Liverpool have agreed to compensate Stockport after 14-year-old goalkeeper Ben Robinson quit the League Two club's school of excellence to move to Anfield in June. (The Sun)

Wolves have had a £900,000 bid for striker Matt Fryatt turned down by Leicester. (Daily Star)

Wycombe are shelving their plans to sign QPR's Tommy Doherty after the midfielder was hit by appendicitis. (Various)

Crystal Palace have issued a hands-off warning to Leicester and their other Championship rivals over England Under-21 midfielder Tom Soares. (Various)

Real Sociedad Mikel Alonso, who is the brother of Liverpool's Xabi Alonso, has joined Bolton at their pre-season training camp in Austria. (Daily Star)

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo has told manager Sir Alex Ferguson he will shave off his hair if he does not score 20 Premier League goals next season. In the 2006-2007 campaign, the Portuguese star won a £400 bet with the United boss after scoring 17 times in the top flight, beating his 15-goal target. (The Sun) - !! I can't imagine a botak SAF!
    Last edited by afbug; 5th July 2007 at 01:21 AM.

Wait shave the top or the bottom ?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Wait shave the top or the bottom ?
    Papers: Ron's close shave

Head Devils

Cristiano Ronaldo has come up with another wacky goals bet for his boss Alex Ferguson. Manchester United's Portuguese winger will tell him: I'll shave my hair off if I don't score 20 Premier League goals – you shave your hair off if I do.
    Ronaldo, 22, hatched the hair-brained plan as they continue their annual wager. Last season he won a £400 bet with boss Fergie when he netted 17 times, beating his 15-goal target.
    Gordon Smart (The Sun)

Ronaldo: I don't showboat

Cristiano Ronaldo claims he is not showing off when he utilises his array of trickery, merely satisfying his own lifelong addiction to football.

Before befuddling opponents with his sorcery, as he invariably does, the 21-year-old winger puts on a bewitching pre-match show as he runs through his repertoire of tricks and flicks.

Far from showboating, however, Ronaldo claims he is simply doing what comes naturally to him.

In an extract from his new book 'Moments', which is published in England later this summer, he said: "I cannot help caressing the ball or enjoying juggling.

"I used to do it when I played in the street, I kept on doing it all throughout my training and I still do it now. And I will keep on doing it.

"This is the real Ronaldo. I believe that when people see me on the pitch playing with the ball before the beginning of the warm-up, they may be tempted to think that this is nothing but a charm offensive or showing off.

"If this is what you think then you are wrong, because I do it naturally. Before matches, both for the club and when I play for Portugal, I always have the same routine.

"In the dressing room I start to juggle with the ball. We leave to warm-up and while waiting for the physical exercises to start I keep on practising my skills.

"I take the ball, I pass it under one foot, and then the other, I pick it up, bounce it, in short, I amuse myself with the ball."

Ronaldo revealed that his pre-match routine is as much about dousing big-match nerves as it is for pure enjoyment.

"I do it just for pleasure, but there is also another reason - to put an end to any tension before the match," he said.

"This is the way I have of motivating myself, of relieving the pressure of the match, of calming down, of pre-occupying myself."

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast