Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14192223242526293449 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Kieran could move on

Kieran Richardson admits he may have to look elsewhere in a bid to secure regular first team football.

The 22-year-old has progressed through the ranks at Old Trafford but has so far failed to hold down a regular spot in the side.

Richardson insists he would prefer to remain at United, but recognises that he may have to move on if he is to progress with his career.

"If you're getting older and not playing on a regular basis, you do have to think about moving on," he told the News of The World.

"I've already said I want to carry on being a United player.

"I don't know about going out on loan because I've done that already."
    huh? 22yrs old is old? then Giggs is consider wat? and SAF?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Kieran could move on

22 is old for someone who is still not featuring regularly. He is not good enough for Man Utd. After 4 years, his time is up, he should leave.

Today's transfer rumours:

Atletico Madrid have told Liverpool they want Peter Crouch in part exchange for Fernando Torres. (Daily Star)

Liverpool are closing in on the club record £25m capture of Torres. (Daily Telegraph)

Sven-Goran Eriksson is set to stun Manchester City fans by making West Ham's Marlon Harewood one of his first signings. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal's Freddie Ljungberg is believed to be high on Eriksson's wish list. (The Guardian)

Manchester United have accepted a £6m offer from Middlesbrough for their out-of-favour striker Alan Smith. (Daily Mirror) At least, 6m is decent!

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is aiming to make a late bid to bring Smith to the south coast. (The Sun)

Sunderland have slapped in a £3m bid for Hearts keeper Craig Gordon. (Daily Mirror, Daily Record)

Tottenham's £15m swoop for Darren Bent is being held up because Charlton are holding out for more money. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City have handed a two-year contract to teenage keeper Filip Mentel. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool will only allow Djibril Cisse to leave the club next season if he is offered a permanent deal elsewhere. (Various)

Bolton are to step up their bid to bring Cisse to The Reebok. (The Times)

Bordeaux slapped a £10m price tag on the head of Rangers target Julien Faubert. (Daily Record)

Chelsea's sporting director Frank Arnesen was in the crowd to watch Holland Under-21 star Royston Drenthe at the European Championship. (The Guardian)

Kieran could move on

Richardson has never performed up to expectation. A lot of time he made stupid blunders. Its about time sell him off together with a few others to recoup some money to buy a top striker.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Richardson has never performed up to expectation. A lot of time he made stupid blunders. Its about time sell him off together with a few others to recoup some money to buy a top striker.
    I feel for him that he wasnt able to break into the first team. In other smaller EPL teams he would be auto first choice.

This shows the high expectation of SAF

No United bid for Italian

United have not voiced an interest in Sampdoria striker Fabio Quagliarella, according to the player's agent.

The 23-year-old Italian international has been linked with Old Trafford in recent weeks but, although agent Silvio Pagliari claims United are interested, no move has materialised.

Pagliari told BBC Sport: "I know there's some interest from Manchester United. I'm very proud of it, as he is. But United have had no contact with me or with Sampdoria.

"He'd be keen on playing in England, for sure. We have many things to think of, as many big clubs in Italy too are interest in a player like Fabio.

"We can talk about Inter Milan, Juventus, Man Utd, Chelsea - this is no problem for the player as they are all massive clubs."

A host of strikers from across Europe have been linked with United ever since Chief Executive David Gill's admission that the Reds could be tempted into action if the right target became available.

Ronaldo tips Nani to succeed

Cristiano Ronaldo feels signing for United will provide compatriot Nani with the perfect platform on which to further his career.

The 20-year-old winger recently passed his Reds' medical and will officially join the Premier League champions from Sporting Lisbon next month.

Ronaldo is excited by Nani's arrival and believes he will go on to become a top performer for the Reds.

“I still haven’t spoken with Nani but I am going to do everything I can so that his stay in Manchester goes well,” explained Ronaldo.

“I really hope he has the same success as me, or even more, because he’s got the ability to do this. He’s joining the right club to evolve as a player and as a person.”

Nani will be joined at Old Trafford by Brazilian attacker Anderson and Ronaldo says he will take it upon himself to ensure the pair settle quickly into life in Manchester.

“Whatever I can do for Nani and Anderson I’ll do with the greatest of pleasure because they don’t know Manchester or how the club operates," said the 22-year-old.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    22 is old for someone who is still not featuring regularly. He is not good enough for Man Utd. After 4 years, his time is up, he should leave.

Atletico Madrid have told Liverpool they want Peter Crouch in part exchange for Fernando Torres. (Daily Star)

Liverpool are closing in on the club record £25m capture of Torres. (Daily Telegraph)

Sven-Goran Eriksson is set to stun Manchester City fans by making West Ham's Marlon Harewood one of his first signings. (Daily Mirror)

Arsenal's Freddie Ljungberg is believed to be high on Eriksson's wish list. (The Guardian)

Manchester United have accepted a £6m offer from Middlesbrough for their out-of-favour striker Alan Smith. (Daily Mirror) At least, 6m is decent!

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is aiming to make a late bid to bring Smith to the south coast. (The Sun)

Sunderland have slapped in a £3m bid for Hearts keeper Craig Gordon. (Daily Mirror, Daily Record)

Tottenham's £15m swoop for Darren Bent is being held up because Charlton are holding out for more money. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester City have handed a two-year contract to teenage keeper Filip Mentel. (Daily Mirror)

Liverpool will only allow Djibril Cisse to leave the club next season if he is offered a permanent deal elsewhere. (Various)

Bolton are to step up their bid to bring Cisse to The Reebok. (The Times)

Bordeaux slapped a £10m price tag on the head of Rangers target Julien Faubert. (Daily Record)

Chelsea's sporting director Frank Arnesen was in the crowd to watch Holland Under-21 star Royston Drenthe at the European Championship. (The Guardian)
    HUh... £6m for Alan Smith abit low lei...... although injury prone but he still worth more then that at least a £10m.

Peter Couch in exchange for Torres seems quite a good deal for the REDS but dunno they want or not as Rafa still got faith n wana see some more ROBO Dance next season!

ya i doubt rafa will sell crouch, and ath madrid have not receive a bid for torres.... yet.

and smith issn't out of favour. he just got back from injury. dun think anyone will pay a player 1 year of wages, wait for his injury to recover, let him play 3 months, and sell him off :P
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Potters eye more Reds loans

John Rudge, Stoke City's Director of Football, admits he would welcome more loan signings from United next season.

Reds winger Lee Martin enjoyed a productive spell at the Britannia Stadium last season, and Rudge is keen to see more United youngsters lining up for the Potters.

"If the opportunity arises then we will obviously be interested in any young players he might fancy loaning out," Rudge told the Sentinel.

With United's players still over a week away from returning for pre-season training, Rudge concedes that he will have to bide his time as Sir Alex Ferguson assesses his squad.

"I don't expect anything to happen too quickly on that front because managers like Alex usually wait until pre-season is underway to assess their squad, before deciding who can go out on loan," he said.

Having missed out on the playoffs last season, Stoke are keen to recruit burgeoning Premiership talents as they aim to escape the Championship.

"We all know the potential to be had if you get the right players," said Rudge. "Birmingham went out and got three from Arsenal - Nicklas Bendtner, Sebastian Larsson and Fabrice Muamba - and ended up winning promotion."

Barca star in the dark

Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen admits he is no closer to resolving his future.

The 28-year-old has been linked with a move to Old Trafford in recent weeks and speculation has mounted in the last few days following the £16million arrival of Thierry Henry at the Nou Camp.

Gudjohnsen himself remains in the dark over where he'll be playing his football next season, but says he is continuing to focus on life at Barca for the time being.

“There is a lot of speculation but I haven’t spoken to anyone and am only thinking of continuing here," he explained.

“There were high expectations when I arrived and it’s normal that when a striker doesn’t score many goals people expect more of you. I also expect more from myself.

“But after last season I will be more settled. I know how the club works, the language, and I will only have to focus on my game.

“When I am in top form it will be easier to change people’s opinions of me.

“I know that after not winning anything everyone is thinking of making lots of changes but I want to stay.”

The Daily Mirror claims United will step up their interest in Gudjohnsen following Henry's arrival with an £8million bid being mooted.
    Wa... sad man duno where is he going to end up! Hmmm......guys do u think SAF will sign him? I think most likely no ....

Parma claim Rossi bid

Parma president Tommaso Ghirardi claims to have made an enquiry about the availability of United striker Giuseppe Rossi.

The 20-year-old Italian striker enjoyed a superb five-month loan with the Gialloblu last season, hitting nine goals in 18 starts as Claudio Ranieri's side narrowly avoided relegation.

Although Ranieri has since departed to manage Juventus, it seems Parma are still keen to take Rossi back to Serie A next season.

"We spoke with the player, with the Manchester United Chief Executive (David Gill) and with Sir Alex Ferguson, too," said Ghirardi. "Now it's up to them to give us an answer."

The Parma supremo admits his side face a difficult task in securing Rossi's services, despite alleging to have made a sizeable bid.

A host of top European clubs have been linked with him, while the player himself has stated a desire to prove himself at Old Trafford.

"Certainly it would be really difficult to keep the player, but we believe in this," he said. "From a financial point of view, we made our offer and I think it completely answers Manchester's expectations."
    If SAF were to release him we will have striker crisis as Smudge will be leaving, Ole ageing.....

HUh... £6m for Alan Smith abit low lei...... although injury prone but he still worth more then that at least a £10m.

Peter Couch in exchange for Torres seems quite a good deal for the REDS but dunno they want or not as Rafa still got faith n wana see some more ROBO Dance next season!

Newcastle and Portsmouth reportedly made 3.5m bids for him! Smith will not cost more than 10m I guess because he only have 2 years left in his contract.

If I'll Benitaz, I will not sell Crouch. He is a valuable member.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are preparing the ground for bids for Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea are facing stiff competition from AC Milan for Brazilian wonderkid Alexandre Pato. (The Sun)

Manchester United will step up their interest in Barcelona striker Eidur Gudjohnsen following Thierry Henry's move to the Nou Camp. (Daily Mirror)

The move for Gudjohnsen is dependent on the successful sale of Alan Smith, Man Utd having accepted a £6m bid from Middlesbrough. (Daily Mirror)
    - According to this statement, Man Utd dun have the intention of buying a replacment for Saha. Seems like SAF is content with sticking with him.

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez admits he is interested in being Henry's replacement at Arsenal. (The Sun)

Charlton striker Darren Bent looks set to complete a £14m move to Tottenham in the next 48 hours. (Daily Star)

Bolton are preparing a £5m raid on Reading for Leroy Lita - with Nicolas Anelka likely to leave The Reebok. (Daily Star)

Preston striker David Nugent is waiting for interest from Everton after having talks with Sunderland and West Ham. (The Sun)

Manchester City will make a £4m bid to snatch Yossi Benayoun from under Liverpool's nose. (Daily Mirror)

Fulham striker Heidar Helguson could be returning to former club Watford. (The Times)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane has made an approach for Wigan's £6million-rated England Under-21 left-back Leighton Baines. (The Sun)

Liverpool outcast Djibril Cisse has been offered to Atletico Madrid in part exchange for Fernando Torres. (Daily Mirror)

Torres is ready to confront his Atletico bosses in an effort to break the deadlock over his propsed move to Anfield. (Daily Mail)

West Brom winger Zoltan Gera is back on Gareth Southgate's shopping list at Middlesbrough. (Daily Mirror)

Parma have made a £6m bid for Man Utd striker Giuseppe Rossi. (The Times)

Atletico Madrid want to sign Jose Antonio Reyes from Arsenal. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland reject Tommy Miller has been offered a shock chance of Champions League football by Steaua Bucharest. (The Sun)

Portsmouth are in talks to sign Rennes' Nigeria forward John Utaka. (The Times)

Derby are trying to wrap up a £2m deal for West Ham winger Matt Etherington. (Daily Mirror, The Sun)

The Rams also want to sign Bolton's Portuguese striker Ricardo Vaz Te. (Daily Mail)

Birmingham are trying to sign midfielder Olivier Kapo from Juventus on a season-long loan. (Daily Mirror)

Ex-Chelsea midfielder Jody Morris, 29, will train with Charlton in a bid to earn a permanent deal at The Valley. (The Sun)

Luton want to sign 38-year-old striker Paul Furlong, who was released by QPR. (The Times)

Preston boss Paul Simpson has swooped for Leeds former captain Kevin Nicholls. (Daily Mirror)

Bordeaux have admitted that winger Julien Faubert is desperate to join Rangers. (Daily Record)

Celtic playmaker Shunsuke Nakamura seeks clarification on his contract amid reports he has a clause allowing him to leave the SPL champions for £1m. (Various).

Manchester City goalkeeper Kasper Schmeicel may return to Falkirk after managerless City brought in another keeper. (Daily Express)

Celtic midfielder Thomas Gravesen is being tracked by Turkish club Besiktas. (Daily Mail)
    Last edited by afbug; 26th June 2007 at 08:17 PM.

Parma claim Rossi bid

If SAF were to release him we will have striker crisis as Smudge will be leaving, Ole ageing.....

I hope SAF dun sell him. Already got striker shortage if Saha is injured.

SAF is back from holidays

Parma have made a bid, thought to be £6m, for Manchester United striker Giuseppe Rossi. (The Guardian) - If he leaves, really got striker shortage!

Liverpool's record £25m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Fernando Torres is being held up by the striker's £2.5m pay-off clause. (The Sun)

West Ham striker Carlos Tevez is likely to leave for Inter Milan this summer. (Daily Mirror)

Thaksin Shinawatra has set his sights on bringing Shaun Wright-Phillips back to Manchester City when his takeover is complete. (The Sun)

Preston striker David Nugent could have to wait until Christmas to get his dream move to Everton. (The Sun)

Blackburn boss Mark Hughes is pulling out of a deal for Roma's Shabani Nonda and will offload Francis Jeffers to Ipswich. (Daily Mirror)

Chelsea defender Wayne Bridge will snub a move from Stamford Bridge as he expects to be number one left-back at the club next season. (Daily Star)

Tottenham will listen to offers for Jermain Defoe once they complete the signing of Charlton's Darren Bent. (Daily Mirror)

Charlton are refusing to budge on their asking price of £17m for Bent. (The Independent)

Birmingham boss Steve Bruce is lining up a double swoop for Arsenal's Mathieu Flamini and Celta Vigo's Daniel de Ridder. (The Sun)

Bruce is close to signing French star Olivier Kapo from Juventus. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is plotting a swoop for West Brom defenders Paul McShane and Paul Robinson. (The Sun, Daily Mail)

Keane is close to agreeing a £1m move for Aberdeen skipper Russell Anderson. (Daily Record)

Dutch star Ryan Babel will snub a move to Arsenal this summer to stay at Ajax, but has admitted he is tempted by a move in the future. (Various)

Fulham are ready to battle with Reading to sign Didier Digard. (Daily Express)

Fulham made a £4.5m offer for West Brom's Diomansy Kamara after Heidar Helguson snubbed a swap deal. (Daily Mirror)

Reading have offered Leroy Lita has been offered a new £20,000-a-week contract to keep him. (Various)

Wigan are ready to sell striker Lee McCulloch to Rangers - as long as they agree to take defender Andy Webster too. (Daily Mirror)

Rangers must fork out £1.5m up front, plus another £500,000 in add-ons if they are to sign Kilmarnock's Steven Naismith. (Daily Record)

The Gers fear their chances of signing Bordeaux's Julien Faubert are no better than 50-50. (Daily Record)

Crystal Palace's move for Benfica defender Jose Fonte is in jeopardy after interest from Steaua Bucharest. (Daily Mail)

Wolves are close to a £500,000 deal for Crystal Palace defender Darren Ward. (Daily Mirror)

Bolton have emerged as favourites to sign Sheffield United's Phil Jagielka. (Daily Star)

Iceman tipped for Reds
    Ex-Bolton Wanderers defender Mike Whitlow believes former team-mate Eidur Gudjohnsen would be an ideal summer signing for United.

The Icelandic international striker's future at current club Barcelona is currently shrouded in doubt following the arrival of Thierry Henry from Arsenal.

Gudjohnsen has insisted he wants to stay and fight for a starting berth at Camp Nou, but has also voiced an interest in joining United if he leaves Catalonia.

And former Trotters colleague Whitlow believes Gudjohnsen could provide United with similar qualities to those possessed by United legend Eric Cantona.

"I have no doubt he would be ideal for United and a big hit with the fans," Whitlow told the Manchester Evening News. "He's been a success wherever he's been.

"Playing with Barcelona can only improve you. He has a rare quality of being able to link play and create opportunities for others as well as scoring goals."

While Gudjohnsen isn't the archetypal goal poacher Sir Alex Ferguson is said to be scouring the transfer market for, Whitlow feels the 28-year-old has enough quality in other departments to be a success at Old Trafford.

"Some suggest he doesn't score enough goals," he said. But you are never going to please everyone and I'm sure some Arsenal fans said Bergkamp didn't get enough goals.

"But how much unselfish stuff did he do and how many goals did he create? Cantona was like that and I believe Eidur is a similar type of player.

"It wouldn't bother Sir Alex if Eidur didn't get 20 goals a season because he would see what other things he brought to the party."
    U guys think Gudjohnsen can do the job?

Iceman tipped for Reds

U guys think Gudjohnsen can do the job?

I think he can but yeah, he isn't going to get u lots of goals. I see him as more of a Alan Smith replacement or Rooney's back up.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will make a £13m bid for Newcastle striker Obefemi Martins. (Various)

Chelsea have had a £12m bid for Lyon midfielder Florent Malouda rejected. (Various)

Sven-Goran Eriksson will make Middlesbrough striker Yakubu his first signing. (Daily Mirror)

Barcelona are ready to make a £15m bid for Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard. (The Times)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants Kieran Richardson from Manchester United. (Daily Mirror) - This is great news!

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has pleaded with Argentine international team-mate Carlos Tevez to join him at Anfield. (Daily Star)

Rangers target Julien Faubert has gone on strike at Bordeaux after the French club refused to sell him. (Daily Record)

West Ham are willing to pay Carlos Tevez £115,000 a week to keep him at the club for another year. (Daily Mail)

Martin O'Neill is to launch a fresh £8m bid for West Ham's Nigel Reo-Coker. (Various)

O'Neill may have to fight off an attempted hijack of the move by prospective Man City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson. (The Times)

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is looking at Bolton's Kevin Nolan as a possible replacement for Nigel Reo-Coker. (The Sun)

Shaun Wright-Phillips will reject a move to Man City if Sven-Goran Eriksson takes over. (Daily Mail)

Andy van der Meyde is likely to be kicked out of Everton after reportedly criticising coach David Moyes on Dutch TV. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland have had a £3m bid for Wigan defender Leighton Baines rejected. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal and Tottenham are battling to sign Lyn Oslo's Norwegian striker Chinedu Ogbuke. (Daily Mirror)

Spurs are close to securing a deal to sell Reto Ziegler to Sampdoria for £1.4m. (The Times)

Celtic plan to make a £2m swoop for Watford defender Dan Shittu. (Daily Mirror)

Reading's Nicky Shorey will snub Newcastle and West Ham by signing a new contract at the Royals. (Daily Mail)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is interested in signing West Ham's £3m-rated striker Marlon Harewood. (Various)

Bristol City will confirm the signing of Hibernian's Northern Ireland winger Ivan Sproule on Thursday. (Daily Mirror)

Lee McCulloch is tipped to complete a move from Wigan to Rangers for £2.5m. (The Times)

Nigerian international midfielder Oneykachi Okonkwo is being watched by Premier League new boys Birmingham and Derby. (The Sun)

League One Nottingham Forest have slapped a £1.5m price tag on wing wizard Kris Commons. (Daily Star)

Former Brentford striker Lloyd Owusu is keen on a move to Yeovil. (Various)

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    I think he can but yeah, he isn't going to get u lots of goals. I see him as more of a Alan Smith replacement or Rooney's back up.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger will make a £13m bid for Newcastle striker Obefemi Martins. (Various)

Chelsea have had a £12m bid for Lyon midfielder Florent Malouda rejected. (Various)

Sven-Goran Eriksson will make Middlesbrough striker Yakubu his first signing. (Daily Mirror)

Barcelona are ready to make a £15m bid for Chelsea and England midfielder Frank Lampard. (The Times)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane wants Kieran Richardson from Manchester United. (Daily Mirror) - This is great news!

Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano has pleaded with Argentine international team-mate Carlos Tevez to join him at Anfield. (Daily Star)

Rangers target Julien Faubert has gone on strike at Bordeaux after the French club refused to sell him. (Daily Record)

West Ham are willing to pay Carlos Tevez £115,000 a week to keep him at the club for another year. (Daily Mail)

Martin O'Neill is to launch a fresh £8m bid for West Ham's Nigel Reo-Coker. (Various)

O'Neill may have to fight off an attempted hijack of the move by prospective Man City boss Sven-Goran Eriksson. (The Times)

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley is looking at Bolton's Kevin Nolan as a possible replacement for Nigel Reo-Coker. (The Sun)

Shaun Wright-Phillips will reject a move to Man City if Sven-Goran Eriksson takes over. (Daily Mail)

Andy van der Meyde is likely to be kicked out of Everton after reportedly criticising coach David Moyes on Dutch TV. (Daily Mirror)

Sunderland have had a £3m bid for Wigan defender Leighton Baines rejected. (Daily Mail)

Arsenal and Tottenham are battling to sign Lyn Oslo's Norwegian striker Chinedu Ogbuke. (Daily Mirror)

Spurs are close to securing a deal to sell Reto Ziegler to Sampdoria for £1.4m. (The Times)

Celtic plan to make a £2m swoop for Watford defender Dan Shittu. (Daily Mirror)

Reading's Nicky Shorey will snub Newcastle and West Ham by signing a new contract at the Royals. (Daily Mail)

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp is interested in signing West Ham's £3m-rated striker Marlon Harewood. (Various)

Bristol City will confirm the signing of Hibernian's Northern Ireland winger Ivan Sproule on Thursday. (Daily Mirror)

Lee McCulloch is tipped to complete a move from Wigan to Rangers for £2.5m. (The Times)

Nigerian international midfielder Oneykachi Okonkwo is being watched by Premier League new boys Birmingham and Derby. (The Sun)

League One Nottingham Forest have slapped a £1.5m price tag on wing wizard Kris Commons. (Daily Star)

Former Brentford striker Lloyd Owusu is keen on a move to Yeovil. (Various)
    Good for Keane to get those rejects from Man u. Cos no reject in man u is not good enough for any team. Man u's reject is simply cant fit into game plan, tatics...... not that the players are no good! I will do the same if i were Keane!

Anderson gets Man Utd work permit - At last!
    Brazilian signing Anderson has been granted a work permit by the Home Office to play for Manchester United.

The initial application for Anderson's work permit was rejected because he had not played in 75% of Brazil's internationals over the last two years.

But United, who agreed a deal with Porto for the 19-year-old midfielder in early June, have now won their appeal.

United told a six-man panel that only Anderson's youth had prevented him from meeting the set criteria.

Bent makes £16.5m Tottenham move - 1 more striker down, when is Man Utd going to sign 1? I think Torres is also heading for Liv, but these are overpriced strikers anyway.

Carlos Tevez's "heart is in the Premier League" according to his representative Kia Joorabchian. Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester United want him. (Various) - It will be great if he join Man Utd but I think we can't afford his transfer fee this season.

But that has not deterred Real Madrid, who also want Chelsea's Arjen Robben and Arsenal star Cesc Fabregas. The Spain midfielder is devastated by Thierry Henry's departure. (Sun)

Liverpool have wrapped up a deal for striker Fernando Torres. Luis Garcia and £20m will be heading Atletico Madrid's way. (Various)

Charlton are set to invest some of the £16.5m they received for Darren Bent in Blackburn Rovers striker Jason Roberts. (Independent)

Bent's arrival at Tottenham will trigger another move with Jermain Defoe going to Aston Villa. (Independent)

Although elsewhere it is Liverpool and Manchester United who are leading the chase for the England striker. (Mirror)
    - Hmmm??

Frank Lampard wants his future resolved by Monday. Juventus and Barcelona want the Chelsea midfielder. (Various)

Another Chelsea midfielder could also be off. Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp says he would "love" to sign French veteran Claude Makelele. (Mirror)

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce does not know if strikers Michael Owen and Obafemi Martins will be at the club next season. (Various)

Arsenal will trigger a £13m buy-out clause for Martins as they search for a replacement for Henry. (Sun)

And Manchester United will offer £4m and Alan Smith for Owen. (Sun) - WFT?!?!?!

As well as Smith, another new arrival at Newcastle could be Edmilson. Barcelona's Brazilian midfielder is a free agent. (Star)

Anderson's £18m move from Porto to Manchester United could collapse as he does not have enough caps to satisfy work permit rules. (Mirror) - Day dreaming???

Aston Villa's Steven Davis is on the verge of signing for Fulham in a £4m deal. (Guardian)

And Cottagers boss Lawrie Sanchez is set to go in for another former Northern Ireland charge in Sheffield Wednesday's Chris Brunt. (Express)

Malcolm Christie is mulling over a move to Nottingham Forest. (Star)

Sunderland, Derby and Coventry want Blackburn defender Andy Todd. (Mirror)

But one player Sunderland definitely will not land is Leighton Baines. While the Black Cats have offered £3m for the full-back, Wigan want £6m. (Sun)

Rangers will make a final offer of £5m for Bordeaux winger Julien Faubert. (Express)

But Bordeaux chairman Jean-Louis Triaud says Rangers have missed out on Julien Faubert as they have received a better rival bid for the winger. (Record)

Celtic have agreed a £400,000 fee to sign Netherlands Under-21 striker Marceo Ritgers from Breda. (Record)

But Rangers have lauched a late, higher bid to beat Celtic to Marceo Ritgers' signature. (Sun)

Gary McAllister says Rangers would win the title from Celtic if they sign Robbie Fowler. (Various)

Bolton plan to gazump Everton and sign Sheffield Unuited's Phil Jagielka. They have tabled a £5m bid. (Mirror)

Auxerre are resigned to losing full-back Bakary Sagna to Arsenal. "He wants to wear the Arsenal shirt," said club president Gerard Bourgoin. (Mail)

Between Owen and Tevez....I will prefer Owen although Tevez is a joy to watch and will add more casts into MU global circus team which consists of the chief clown Ronaldo, deputy Rooney, and potential PFA young clown Nani and last but not least Amazon clown Anderson

Owen is a natural goal scorer, not only he poach, he can spins, turns and out dribble any world class defenders, his only weak point is header but we have Ronaldo, Vidic and even Ferdinand if duty calls......with the assists from the midfields and wings....Owen wil be the leading target man....nevertheless opponent can also expect long range missiles from the like or Ronaldo, Rooney, Scholes and Carrick

Other than that he is just 26 or 27yrs old and this is the prime period if he stays healthy....also he should cost much lesser than Tevez although the former is a few years younger.....he will be the last signing that we need if there is no more target man like Huntelaar in sight

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...290817,00.html
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 29th June 2007 at 10:20 PM.