Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13182122232425283348 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Alan Smith rumoured to be going to Newcastle.

http://www.football365.com/teams/man...17032,,00.html

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Alan Smith rumoured to be going to Newcastle.

http://www.football365.com/teams/man...17032,,00.html
    Sad to say, Alan didnt really make a big impact at Man U and didnt score many goals as a forward would. Also I didnt really think he was spectacular when he was at Leeds. But his never say die attitude was good and he would even tackle the defenders to win the ball back.

It would do his playing career good if he moves on becos he may never be the regular forward at Man U

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Sad to say, Alan didnt really make a big impact at Man U and didnt score many goals as a forward would. Also I didnt really think he was spectacular when he was at Leeds. But his never say die attitude was good and he would even tackle the defenders to win the ball back.

It would do his playing career good if he moves on becos he may never be the regular forward at Man U
    My sentiment too. So far, as a striker, he has not made any impact at all. No wonder SAF has not offered him another contract when the present one runs out. Many ManU strikers, past and present, are much better than him. I think it would be in his own interest to ply his trade elsewhere where he could command a first eleven place.

Hopefully Dong can achieve something. In the past there were promising young strikers were bot and groomed but CMI

Hopefully Dong can achieve something. In the past there were promising young strikers were bot and groomed but CMI
    Although I have not seen Dong played, but I believe he doesn't have what it takes to be a prolific striker in a ManU jersey. SAF bought him more for commercial marketing, I feel. Rossi is also nothing to shout about. Gotta buy another striker and can't rely on the youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Although I have not seen Dong played, but I believe he doesn't have what it takes to be a prolific striker in a ManU jersey. SAF bought him more for commercial marketing, I feel. Rossi is also nothing to shout about. Gotta buy another striker and can't rely on the youngsters.
    VNR, A Cole, Solsjaer and D Yoke can be considered prolific.

In the 80s and 90s, strikers like Gary Birtles, Alan Brazil....fared badly; couldnt take the pressure

Recent years the strikers have been good but SAF rather have the team share the scoring so that opponents have to watch out for every Man U player in the box

Riquelm available again....too bad MU midfield is too crowded liao

we need this guy:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1vaqzE6VUUA
    QUAGLIARELLA
    SAF GO BUY HIM PREASE PREASE PREASE!
    AND SMUDGE PLS DUN GO I LIKE U! ><
    Photo Album - Photo Album

VNR, A Cole, Solsjaer and D Yoke can be considered prolific.

In the 80s and 90s, strikers like Gary Birtles, Alan Brazil....fared badly; couldnt take the pressure

Recent years the strikers have been good but SAF rather have the team share the scoring so that opponents have to watch out for every Man U player in the box
    Snice the strikers left we really lack of a predator in the penalty area n goal mouth area!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Snice the strikers left we really lack of a predator in the penalty area n goal mouth area!
    I hope SAF buys one fast before the market dries up of strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    we need this guy:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=1vaqzE6VUUA
    QUAGLIARELLA
    SAF GO BUY HIM PREASE PREASE PREASE!
    AND SMUDGE PLS DUN GO I LIKE U! ><
    This guy not bad his long range powerful man!

But: No United bid for Italian

United have not voiced an interest in Sampdoria striker Fabio Quagliarella, according to the player's agent.

The 23-year-old Italian international has been linked with Old Trafford in recent weeks but, although agent Silvio Pagliari claims United are interested, no move has materialised.

Pagliari told BBC Sport: "I know there's some interest from Manchester United. I'm very proud of it, as he is. But United have had no contact with me or with Sampdoria.

"He'd be keen on playing in England, for sure. We have many things to think of, as many big clubs in Italy too are interest in a player like Fabio.

"We can talk about Inter Milan, Juventus, Man Utd, Chelsea - this is no problem for the player as they are all massive clubs."

A host of strikers from across Europe have been linked with United ever since Chief Executive David Gill's admission that the Reds could be tempted into action if the right target became available.

Thiery Henry leaving Arsenal for Barcelona...

why SAF neber tried to make a move for him?

Quote Originally Posted by feimao07 View Post
    Thiery Henry leaving Arsenal for Barcelona...

why SAF neber tried to make a move for him?
    AW wont sell Henry to his arch rivals. It is simple as that.

AW wont sell Henry to his arch rivals. It is simple as that.
    ya loh...too bad...

ronaldinho, e'to, messi, deco n henry startin' line-up for barcelona next season...

ya loh...too bad...

ronaldinho, e'to, messi, deco n henry startin' line-up for barcelona next season...
    Power

High chance either E'to or Ronaldinho leaving, so they really need Henry to be there.....
    Looks like this may be the end of an era for Gunners.....Arsene Wenger had told Henry that he will not be renewing his contract next yr......Gunners will need a serious injection of cash to lure any of the top guys to join them...
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=440918&cc=5739

ya loh...too bad...

i think barca will be getting rid of eto'o and deco this season....
    Photo Album - Photo Album

How come sell striker instead of singing them? If Alan Smith leaves, it leaves us only with Rooney and Saha as established strikers. Rossi and Dong are not ready yet and ole is old and is a sub.

Today's transfer rumours:

Arsene Wenger will attempt to recruit Carlos Tevez from West Ham or bring back Nicolas Anelka in the wake of striker Thierry Henry's expected departure from the Emirates Stadium to Barcelona. (Various)

Manchester City are to bid £10m to sign their former winger Shaun Wright-Phillips from Chelsea. (The Sun)

Striker Darren Bent is poised to complete a move to Tottenham from Charlton for £16m, a new club record fee. (Daily Mail)

Sunderland boss Roy Keane is holding talks to sign Preston striker David Nugent. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley wants Chelsea left-back Wayne Bridge after growing frustrated at being unable to land Nicky Shorey from Reading. (Sun)

Bolton's Portuguese striker Ricardo Vaz Te is a target of Derby County boss Billy Davies. (Daily Mirror)

Newcastle midfielder Alan O'Brien has agreed personal terms to join Scottish side Hibernian. (Daily Record)

Birmingham are on the verge of landing Scotland striker Garry O'Connor from Lokomotiv Moscow in a £2.65m deal. (Daily Star)

Celtic have signed midfielder Massimo Donati for £3m from AC Milan. (Daily Record)

PSV Eindhoven have urged Rangers to increase the pace of negotiations over the signing of USA winger DaMarcus Beasley. (Daily Express)

DaMarcus Beasley will become a Rangers player on Monday after a £700,000 transfer was finalised with PSV. (Sun)

Celtic and Newcastle target Maceo Rigters will hold talks with Breda about his future after Saturday's final of the European Under-21 Championship. (Daily Mail)

Trinidad & Tobago striker Collin Samuel has joined MLS outfit Toronto after leaving Dundee United. (Daily Record)

Wolves hope to rescue Northern Ireland striker David Healy from League One football with Leeds. (Daily Mirror)

Pompey join Smith hunt

Portsmouth have joined the chase to sign Alan Smith after manager Harry Redknapp admitted the striker represents "fantastic value."

The 26-year-old forward has been linked with moves to Newcastle, Middlesbrough and Everton in recent weeks.

The Fratton Park side have now joined the hunt with Redknapp keen to secure Smith's services.

“He is fantastic value and no gamble," said Redknapp. "He was in the last England team and is proven."

Two weeks ago, Smith admitted he may have to leave Old Trafford in a bid to gain regular first team football.

"If you're no longer wanted, then you have to consider your options," he told The Sun.
    Wow ... so many people want him