Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263146 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Interesting! Is this Fabio Quagliarella the guy who scored a hat-trick against Eng a few months back? Is he also the one that kept Rossi to the wings for Italy U21?

Hmmm......Defoe, he is suppose to be good but he can't break the Keane and Berbatov at Spurs. I think he is not profilic enough but quite fast.
    No, not this Italian guy who scored the hattrick against England in the Under 21 match. This guy is already 23, how could he have played in that match?

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    No, not this Italian guy who scored the hattrick against England in the Under 21 match. This guy is already 23, how could he have played in that match?
    U21 can have 3 over age players mah. Romario is like 41++? and he wants to play for Brazil's U21!

Today's transfer rumours:

Liverpool have left West Ham fuming after launching an "insulting" 1m bid for midfielder Yossi Benayoun. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham are set to pay striker Darren Bent 75,000 a week when they sign him from Charlton for 16m to 17m. (Various)

West Ham and Tottenham will battle to land Darren Bent. (The Independent)

Bolton defender Tal Ben Haim will snub former Trotters boss Sam Allardyce at Newcastle and instead join Chelsea. (Daily Mirror/The Guardian)

Allardyce wants to steal Ben Haim from under the noses of Chelsea. (Daily Mail)

Portsmouth striker Kanu is ready to move to Ajax on a two-year deal. (Daily Mail)

Chelsea hope to sign Hertha Berlin striker Marko Pantelic for 2.5m. (The Sun)

Manchester United will intensify their bid for a new striker after Louis Saha was ruled out for up to six months following knee surgery. (Daily Mirror)

Manchester United are ready to bid 10m for Sampdoria striker Fabio Quagliarella. (Daily Express)

Goalkeeper Ian Walker is ready to leave Bolton to revive his career. (The Sun)

West Brom are bidding to sign Celtic striker Craig Beattie for 750,000. (Various)

Rangers' bid to land Carlos Cuellar is back on after Osasuna caved in on the defender's demands to be allowed to leave the Spanish club. (Daily Record)

Hearts have insisted they have no plans to sell injury-hit winger Mirsad Beslija. (Daily Record)

Tottenham want Jermain Defoe to sign a new three-year contract but will sell the striker this summer if he does not commit himself to the club. (Various)

Bolton are heading the chase for Rangers winger Thomas Buffel. (Daily Mirror)

Portsmouth want to lure back striker Yakubu by offering Middlesbrough a cash-plus-plus players exchange, with midfielder Sean Davis one of the fringe players who may be offered. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham are willing to sell striker Marlon Harewood to Fulham if they raise their bid from 3m by 750,000. (The Times)

Portsmouth have joined Sunderland and Everton in the battle to land Preston striker David Nugent. (The Times)

Manchester United 07/08 fixtures:

Saturday, 05 April 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Middlesbro' v Man Utd, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 12 April 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Arsenal, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 19 April 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Blackburn v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 26 April 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Chelsea v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 03 May 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v West Ham, 15:00

Sunday, 11 May 2008
    Barclays Premier League
    Wigan v Man Utd, 15:00
    Man the FA really screw us. The title run in is really tough. Arsenal and Chelsea are tough and Wigan and West Ham might be fighting for survival. Boro and Blackburn are our bogey team in recent seasons.

I dunno if u guys realise it or not that this is the 3rd season that Man Utd have to face Chelsea AWAY in the closing stages.
    Last edited by afbug; 14th June 2007 at 10:00 PM.

kelong?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    kelong?
    i dunno man and our opening month matches are not easy as well. Manchester derby and away to Portsmouth. In September will see us at home to Chelsea and Sunderland. Roy Keane will be back at Old Trafford.

Saturday, 11 August 2007
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Reading, 15:00

Tuesday, 14 August 2007
    Barclays Premier League
    Portsmouth v Man Utd, 19:45

Saturday, 18 August 2007
    Barclays Premier League
    Man City v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 25 August 2007
    Barclays Premier League
    Man Utd v Tottenham, 15:00

To win the EPL is not easy these few years. There will be challenges ahead and with the addition of the new players and returning youth players, SAF has strengthened his team on all 4 comp.

I still rank EPL as the nos 1 choice; 2nd is the Continental League; FA Cup and then League Cup

I still rank EPL as the nos 1 choice; 2nd is the Continental League; FA Cup and then League Cup
    Yeah I rank it that way too and Man Utd seem to have it that way as well.

Yakubu could leave Middlesbrough
    I think he is what Man Utd need. A strong striker that can also hold the ball but I think he is a little slow.

Today's transfer rumours:

Barcelona are ready to offer Eidur Gudjohnsen in a swap deal for Manchester United defender Gerard Pique. (Various) This is interesting but I dun think Eidur is the kind of striker Man Utd need and I dun wish to see Gerard Pique leave.

Ex-Nou Camp youngster Pique spent last season on loan at Real Zaragoza who are expected to table a improved offer after a 7m bid was rejected. (Daily Mail)
    This guy is quite good, so I think Man Utd should retain him.

United spending spree this summer has seen them make a 10m bid for Sampdoria striker Fabio Quagliarella, according to the player's agent. (Various)
    I think this guy will be a better bet instead of Eidur although he has no experience in the English league.

Chelsea have rejected a bid for striker Didier Drogba from AC Milan. (Times)

Keeper Jerzy Dudek did not have his contract at Liverpool extended and will now move to Real Madrid. (Daily Mail)

The investigation into irregularities in the transfer system have cited managers involved in deals which have not been signed off by Lord Stevens, but whether the Premier League will divulge the names is in doubt. (Daily Express)

Arsenal have begun talks over the 20m transfer of striker Thierry Henry to Barcelona. (Various)

Fulham have stepped up their attempts to get West Brom duo Diomansy Kamara and Jason Koumas by offering players-plus-cash. (Various)

The third-party who has a stake in Manuel Fernandes has scuppered a possible move for the winger to the Premiership. (Daily Express)

Former French World Cup-winning skipper and ex-Juventus boss Didier Deschamps is another in the frame for the Manchester City job. (The Sun)

Charlton striker Darren Bent is a target for Liverpool and Tottenham after turning down West Ham. (Daily Mirror)

West Ham being spurned will see them now target Shaun Wright-Phillips. (Daily Mirror)

Wolves and Norwich are battling it out for Southend striker Freddy Eastwood. (Daily Mirror)

Celtic will splash out 5m to bring Gennaro Delvecchio and Massimo Donati to Scotland from Serie A. (Daily Record)

Celtic are preparing a 350,000 bid for NAC Breda striker Maceo Rigters. (The Sun)

SAF wants a striker who is tall, strong and fast

Just have to wait for news

Read the news the next few days. I think the bung clubs are gonna get revealed. Until I read it from BBC, I'll consider this still a rumour.

Of the 17 transfers, four relate to Newcastle signings (Emre Belozoglu, Jean Alain Boumsong, Amady Faye, Albert Luque), four to Bolton (Ali Al-Habsi, Tal Ben Haim, Blessing Kaku, Julio Correia), three to Chelsea (Didier Drogba, Petr Cech, Michael Essien), three to Portsmouth (Collins Mbesuma, Benjani Mwaruwari, Aliou Cisse) and two to Middlesbrough (Aiyegbeni Yakubu and Fabio Rochemback) while one transfer has not been disclosed.

One is Sam Allardyce, and a conflict of interest with his former agent son Craig and Bolton Wanderers.

The other is Graeme Souness, with Stevens reporting "inconsistencies in evidence" provided by the former Newcastle manager and Kenneth Shepherd, son of Magpies chairman Freddy Shepherd.
    http://www.teamtalk.com/football/sto...412751,00.html

Read the news the next few days. I think the bung clubs are gonna get revealed. Until I read it from BBC, I'll consider this still a rumour.
    ooops! BBC got it. Its true then!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/6755991.stm
    Seventeen transfers and five Premier League clubs have been named in Lord Stevens' final report into alleged transfer irregularities.
    Deals involving Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Bolton, Portsmouth and Newcastle have been highlighted in the report.

They may face a further FA probe but there is no evidence of irregular payments to club officials or players.

Stevens has also expressed concern about 15 agents and managers Sam Allardyce and Graeme Souness.

United winger Ryan Giggs has been awarded an OBE for services to football in the Queen's Birthday Honours List. Our old boy, Terry Sheringham also made the list. Congrats to both of them. They deserve it.

United winger Ryan Giggs has been awarded an OBE for services to football in the Queen's Birthday Honours List. Our old boy, Terry Sheringham also made the list. Congrats to both of them. They deserve it.
    Which Man U fan cannot remember his magical moments in 1999

Came on as an unexpected sub in the FA Cup and scored; set up the 2nd goal for Scholes and equalised in the dying minutes in the European Cup one week later.

In one season he collected 3 medals.

Which Man U fan cannot remember his magical moments in 1999

Came on as an unexpected sub in the FA Cup and scored; set up the 2nd goal for Scholes and equalised in the dying minutes in the European Cup one week later.

In one season he collected 3 medals.
    He has the most medals among the ManU players. Speaks volume about his loyalty and skills.

He has the most medals among the ManU players. Speaks volume about his loyalty and skills.
    oopps i was referring to Teddy Sheringham

No Knighthood for DB ah? I think he should get at least a MBE too!

Giggs's is OBE while Teddy is MBE. They did well and deserved them.

No Knighthood for DB ah? I think he should get at least a MBE too!

Giggs's is OBE while Teddy is MBE. They did well and deserved them.
    Except for the knighthood, I don't know the difference between the rest e.g. OBE, MBE, etc. How nice if I can add the word "Sir" infront of my name.

we dun mind calling u sir redstorm
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Except for the knighthood, I don't know the difference between the rest e.g. OBE, MBE, etc. How nice if I can add the word "Sir" infront of my name.
    OBE is 1 rank higher than MBE. Knighthood is higher. I think u cannot 'sir' la unless u receive a knighthood and is a Brit citizen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_o...British_Empire