Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6111415161718212641 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

SAF nor Man U has yet to verify any news that Heinze is for sale so just wait n see

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Sell Heinze, and lure Roberto Carlos

sell Heinze, and buy plsoong lar

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post

sell Heinze, and buy plsoong lar
    Plsoong can only kick wine bottles, lah.

why does SAF likes their side backs to join in the attack? its not that often they make an assist as their crosses aren't exactly good lol
    i'd rather they concentrate on the defending part. (i'll always remember how evra tackled the hell out of heinze against milan) lol
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    why does SAF likes their side backs to join in the attack? its not that often they make an assist as their crosses aren't exactly good lol
    i'd rather they concentrate on the defending part. (i'll always remember how evra tackled the hell out of heinze against milan) lol
    Silvestre used to be good in joining the attacks from the left and I have seen a number of good crosses from him which resulted in goals. But, lately, his form is another different story. Over the hill?

yeah, i used to like silvestre too. but no longer as solid as last time liao... and his power form lasted so short

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Huh, u sure or not? If u want to buy Carlos, might as well keep Heinze as the former is much older and is going downhill.
    Actually both are also on par in term of pace but I like Roberto Carlos powerful free kick Besides he is FOC and I think he will not complaint if he is in rotating shift with other left back

Actually I think Gareth Barry of Aston Villa and Mike Taylor of Porthmouth is very good too....so I don't think MU must looks else where where the best could be in their soil...the only condition is provided the duo will settle for non guranteed place in MU

hmmm i think carlos is faster than heinze, and altho his freekicks issnt accurate most of the time, yeah, he sure can help with hard hard long shots
    however hes getting old liao

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

Having the wide backs move forward to provide attacking support is a common tactic in modern football, especially the English game.

From Wikipedia:

Wingback
    The wingbacks are a modern variation on the full back with heavier emphasis on attack. The name is a portmanteau of "winger" and "back". They are usually employed in a 3-5-2 formation, and could therefore be considered part of the midfield. But they may also be used in a 5-3-2 formation and therefore have a more defensive role.

In the evolution of the modern game, wingbacks are the combination of wingers and fullbacks. As such it is one of the most demanding positions in modern football. Wingbacks are often more adventurous than full backs and are expected to provide width in a team without wingers. A wingback needs to be of exceptional stamina, be able to provide crosses upfield and defend effectively against opponents' attacks down the flanks. A defensive midfielder is usually fielded to cover the advances of wingbacks.

Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Javier Zanetti, Juan Pablo Sorín, Philipp Lahm, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Gianluca Zambrotta and Fabio Grosso are considered to be the best wingbacks in modern football.

Evra has excelled as an additional attacking option on the left, more so than Heinze. (Gary Neville, no need to say.) If you notice, SAF will pick either one depending on the opponent, and therefore adjusts tactics accordingly. Against a weaker team that just "parks the bus" in front of the goal, Evra is preferred. Heinze is preferred when the opposing team has a dangerous winger, or when a stronger overall defence is needed.

And its not just about putting in crosses - the extra man going forward is always an advantage. Having said that, Evra has been a very decent crosser of the ball.

And I hope Heinze does not go. He has been very valuable to the team - and don't forget he was voted the fans' favourite in his first year at ManYoo.

Papers: Dimi snubs United

Dimi: I'll snub United for Spurs
    Dimitar Berbatov has revealed his admiration for Manchester United but insists he will not join them. The Tottenham hitman, who netted 23 goals last season, has been lined up by United as they look to bolster their strike force. But the Bulgarian has denied any contact with Sir Alex Ferguson. "I am a happy man in Tottenham. The club give me everything I need to feel nice with them — and I do." Despite dismissing talk of a summer move to Old Trafford, Berbatov is full of praise for United. "I like Sir Alex's team. Their style is attacking, pleasant to watch and it coincides with my own style of playing football. Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes and Wayne Rooney are fantastic players. And that fast guy Cristiano Ronaldo on the right side is a magician with the ball, he plays football from another planet. It would be a pleasure for me to play with these guys."
    Andrew Haigh, The Sun

The Sun also claims that Alan Smith will not be offered a new contract by United. The fiery forward has two years left on his current deal and has expressed a desire to stay at the club, but the newspaper claims Spurs, Everton, Middlesbrough and Aston Villa are keen to land him.

Sir Alex Ferguson believes Cristiano Ronaldo has emerged as an even better player as a result of the rancour directed his way for his role in Wayne Rooney's World Cup sending off, according to the Daily Mail.

Since he said he would love to play alongside those ManU players, he should sign up for us and also get a crack at CL which Spurs don't give him to chance to.

Reds confirm pre-season matches

The Reds have confirmed eight pre-season fixtures in preparation for the 2007/08 campaign as United look to defend the Premiership title.

United have three games as part of the 2007 Asia Tour, with five further matches back in Britain, which includes the friendly at Old Trafford against Internazionale and the Community Shield clash with Chelsea at Wembley, a rematch of the FA Cup final there in May.

The final two matches see United XI sides take on Glentoran in Belfast and Dunfermaline in Edinburgh.

Full Pre-Season Fixtures
    17 July v Urawa Red Diamonds (A)
    20 July v FC Seoul (A)
    23 July v Shenzhen Xiangxue Eisiti (A)
    1 August v Internazionale (H)
    3 August v Doncaster (A)
    5 August v Chelsea (Wembley)
    8 August v Glentoran (Belfast) – United XI
    8 August v Dunfermaline (Edinburgh) – United XI
    Hmmm... thinking of revenging on the loss of FA cup?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Reds confirm pre-season matches

Hmmm... thinking of revenging on the loss of FA cup?

Maybe, unleash a new look midfield of Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves together with Ronaldo. It will look very formidable; at least on paper.

Maybe, unleash a new look midfield of Nani, Anderson and Hargreaves together with Ronaldo. It will look very formidable; at least on paper.
    Lets see how they blend in first the faster the blend in the better they r for Man U.

And Smith is not being offered extension of contract does that mean SAF is getting another striker?

Lets see how they blend in first the faster the blend in the better they r for Man U.

And Smith is not being offered extension of contract does that mean SAF is getting another striker?

If SAF needs more fund for a top striker, then, I believe, he has to sell before he could buy as he has exhausted a huge chunk of the purchase budget. Smith, Silvestre, Fletcher and Richardson should go. They are surplus to requirement.

That is still rumour leh. I remember reading that SAF wants to keep him or maybe he changed his mind, I dunno.

Ya if want another striker, one have to go as there are 6 in the team now, which is too many if 1 more is to join. Saha and Smith are the obvious ones to be sold as Rossi and Dong are signed only a few years back and are still young. Ole will retire at Man Utd and will be coaching the youth team.

I think silvestre should go.He's no longer as solid at the back and i always pray for man u whenever he plays.Seems like he's more prone to making mistakes nowadays

If SAF needs more fund for a top striker, then, I believe, he has to sell before he could buy as he has exhausted a huge chunk of the purchase budget. Smith, Silvestre, Fletcher and Richardson should go. They are surplus to requirement.
    I think we still need an out n out striker someone like Sheringham or Gary Lineker...... miss the good old days!

Rooney think he will be better more effective if he were to play behind the strikers!

Good strikers are hard to come by and they cost a bomb! Anelka would be a good buy but looks like the rumour about ManU chasing him is unfounded. Who else?

Because Man Utd is an attacking club! The fullbacks are to overlap the wingers and give them a hand if required and it adds the extra diamension and men to the attack.

Just imagine this:
    Gary receives the ball in the defence, pass to Ronaldo who attacks down the wings with Gary running behind. Ronaldo stops as there are 2 defenders blocking him. Gary then overlap him and Ronaldo slips the ball to him. Defenders got distracted and move to block Gary. Ronaldo then cuts inside towards the goal and Gary pass the ball to him......By now, the central defenders have to tackle Ronaldo. Either he shoots or pass to the striker who will have 1 less central defender to bother him.

If Gary did not overlap, Ronaldo will be stucked by the defenders or he have to beat them himself or pass to the middle.