Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5101314151617202540 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

agree... let them play against the smaller clubs to let them build some confidence and experience first hehehe
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    I think it is about time Fergie will release either Rossi or/and Dong into the team if we are unable to get another striker! It will be a booster for them both which is what we need to advance further n defend the EPL title!

Actually I think Rossi is our Saviola! Small, fast and he is not afraid to shoot. But less dribbling skills than Saviola.

Dong is a strong guy. Just like Rooney and according to him, Dong is faster. I think he lacks composure, understanding and link up play with the team but this can learn.

Both already went on loan overseas and esp with Rossi who have experience with Parma will want to play. If he dun get the chance, he might leave. Maybe Dong should go on loan with a club in top flight football. Maybe Sunderland might be KEANE.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Actually I think Rossi is our Saviola! Small, fast and he is not afraid to shoot. But less dribbling skills than Saviola.

Dong is a strong guy. Just like Rooney and according to him, Dong is faster. I think he lacks composure, understanding and link up play with the team but this can learn.

Both already went on loan overseas and esp with Rossi who have experience with Parma will want to play. If he dun get the chance, he might leave. Maybe Dong should go on loan with a club in top flight football. Maybe Sunderland might be KEANE.
    But Keane onli interested in Scholes, Butt and Forlan

I read that he made a bid of 2m for Scholes! Insulting man! Even if he offered 25m, dun think Scholes will leave. He, Gary and Giggs are 1 club men! Seems like he really only have knowledge of Man Utd players. He must not rely on Man Utd for signings, as he will lose out on other good bargains.

Think Heinze is leaving. SAF might buy a left back instead of a striker. I dun think we have any quality left backs in the reserves that can step into the senior squad. Another alternative is to promote a DC from the reserves and rely on Silvestre as left back.

I still like a striker.

Three stooges and two of them misfit He should consider Philip Neville and Eric Djemba since he so attached to MU pass glory...maybe chope Ole, VDS and Giggsy when they decided to descent from the theather of dream

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post

I have my reservations about Dong and Rossi. Although I have not seen him play, but I feel he does not have what it takes to be a top striker in a ManU jersey. As for Rossi, I am not impressed with his standard, if my only match watching him play for England Under 21 against Italy Under 21 is anything to go by. The only way to go is to buy another striker. It takes a long time develop one in the youth academy and pluck him for the senior team.
    Last edited by redstorm; 5th June 2007 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    The only way to go is to buy another striker. I takes a long time develop one in the youth academy and pluck him for the senior team.

wah piang! u DEFINITELY drank too much wine...

u think plucking grapes when its ripe for vinification?

I have my reservations about Dong and Rossi. Although I have not seen him play, but I feel he does not have what it takes to be a top striker in a ManU jersey. As for Rossi, I am not impressed with his standard, if my only match watching him play for England Under 21 against Italy Under 21 is anything to go by. The only way to go is to buy another striker. I takes a long time develop one in the youth academy and pluck him for the senior team.
    I also dun think they will be a top striker in a ManU jersey but they can be the back-up strikers. As of now, they're not even the 1st choice back-up strikers. I think they are good enough to break into the team but dun think they can be as consistant. Thats why I hope for a established striker.

Both are signed by SAF, so he thinks that they can make it. Man Utd even waited 2 years for Dong to get his permit while loaning him to Anderlecht. He scored quite a few there but its a 2nd rate league. Rossi had been scoring for Parma in the Italian league least season, so I think Rossi is almost ready. Needs to be given the chance at Man Utd.
    Last edited by afbug; 5th June 2007 at 04:09 PM.

Maybe should let them play in the first few games when the next season starts. At least if they can't get the job done, we can still have the rest to clean it up.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Maybe should let them play in the first few games when the next season starts. At least if they can't get the job done, we can still have the rest to clean it up.
    Every game is crucial to the team especially at the start of the season; that's where u get the momentum going by winning from the word "Go". U can't put them in the first eleven just to test them out. No way, it's just like sending them to the slaughterhouse. Just use them as substitutes liberally in games where we already take huge lead. One way is to deploy them in the League Cup aka Mickey Mouse Cup.

Every game is crucial to the team especially at the start of the season; that's where u get the momentum going by winning from the word "Go". U can't put them in the first eleven just to test them out. No way, it's just like sending them to the slaughterhouse. Just use them as substitutes liberally in games where we already take huge lead. One way is to deploy them in the League Cup aka Mickey Mouse Cup.
    Oh I mean to let them play in the first half and if they are incompetent, then we can at least do a sub and let our more formidable strikers do the job. Yup, putting them on for the Mickey Mouse cup will be a good option too.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

I have my reservations about Dong and Rossi. Although I have not seen him play, but I feel he does not have what it takes to be a top striker in a ManU jersey. As for Rossi, I am not impressed with his standard, if my only match watching him play for England Under 21 against Italy Under 21 is anything to go by. The only way to go is to buy another striker. It takes a long time develop one in the youth academy and pluck him for the senior team.
    Both are neither here nor there type.....Dong didn't took the chance and made instant impact when given the chance in the last few matches....unlike other Asian player liek Seol or Zhang Zi......even with Pak Ji Sung std he is also a second choice in the team so it will be very difficult going forward for Dong in MU

As for Rossi, he grab his chance and scored in the senior game previously but he did only so so in cup competition when given the starting line up.....he is small build so its very hard for him to convince and to survive in EPL.....If you look at the top strikers....Drogba, Henry, Rooney, Ronaldo, Nisterooy and even Saha....all of them can turn nothing into something.....so Rossi has to be able to do that week in week out to prove his ability.....although he is quite deadly in front of goal but he is not as quick unlike Michael Owen so I don't think he has a future in the team as well

Is this a hint that Berbatov wants to play for ManU despite the club's denial? That would be the best news so far if we finally land him.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/050620...dmiration.html

Is this a hint that Berbatov wants to play for ManU despite the club's denial? That would be the best news so far if we finally land him.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/050620...dmiration.html
    Berbov is too ex. He may miss out on future championship.

If Heinze goes, there is Jonny Evans to take his place. A natural left legger, he plays left back for N Ireland.

There is O Shea, Evra and Silvestre for left side.

Actually I dont understand why Heinze has to go..he has performed decently well this season, and always put in his all..though there are some mistakes here and there...
    A pacy player like Evra will always have high chance of getting injured, and with a long season, a good subst left back is a must..we will lose out very much if we lose Heinze..If anyone should go, it should be Silvestre..

Quote Originally Posted by novello76 View Post
    Actually I dont understand why Heinze has to go..he has performed decently well this season, and always put in his all..though there are some mistakes here and there...
    A pacy player like Evra will always have high chance of getting injured, and with a long season, a good subst left back is a must..we will lose out very much if we lose Heinze..If anyone should go, it should be Silvestre..
    totally agree with u bro...

whenever silvestre is playin'...my heart pumps a lot faster...so scary...

agree with u too, but who will buy silvestre?
    i think SAF has someone in mind if he do sell heinze. he should have trust in our gaffer!
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Because he isn't 1st choice anymore and due to his lack of pace and willingness to overlap the wingers and join in the attack. SAF wants all these qualities in addition to defensive qualities in his full backs. And Heinze is still at his peak and wants 1st team football.

He is a good option if Man Utd requires a more defensive game.
    Last edited by afbug; 6th June 2007 at 01:57 AM.

Sell Heinze, and lure Roberto Carlos

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Sell Heinze, and lure Roberto Carlos
    Huh, u sure or not? If u want to buy Carlos, might as well keep Heinze as the former is much older and is going downhill.