Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

hmmm, i dun think saviola will adapt to eng game.
    he is small and not the type of players that can withstand some shoving and pushing...
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafein View Post
    he is small and not the type of players that can withstand some shoving and pushing...
    he is just like owen

So, between a 8m quid Anelka and a FOC Saviola, which do you guys prefer?

i prefer a FOC anelka k thx

i prefer a FOC anelka k thx
    Sure, many of us would prefer Anelka but he's not free. SAF will probably has to pay at least 8m pound.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Saviola! can use the $8mil to buy another defender!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Saviola! can use the $8mil to buy another defender!

Yeah, this might be a better solution. Not much difference between Anelka and Saviola. At least, with a FOC Saviola, we can use the money to buy a long overdue right back to understudy Neville. Anyway, the decision is not ours to make. SAF will have to chew over it.
    Last edited by redstorm; 4th June 2007 at 12:02 PM.

I'll rather spend the 8m on a player that is proven in the premiership than to get a unproven one for free. Dun forget he commands wages too. Unless he is free and dun get any wages!

Saviola is quick and quite skillful but a little small in size. Might have problems with English defenders. I think he might be a good addition when Man Utd attacks down the middle. If using crosses, then I think he can't get to the ball.

Yeah, this is a better solution. Not much difference between Anelka and Saviola. At least, with a FOC Saviola, we can use the money to buy a long overdue right back to understudy Neville.
    Ya lor ... whenever he is not around really difficult to find ppl to cover him! dun have a proper one if philip is around maybe he can still do the job .... really no more potential right back!

i favor a good striker to a good defender right now, unless heinze really leaves.
    im prefer to attack than defend :P

and yeah, i think saviola would be a bad buy even if free... saviola cant play upfront cos hes too small (eng defs will eat him up). tat means he'll be playing deeper behind the strikers. and that will mean the striker = rooney. a position he has not performed too well last season.

but im still hoping to wake up 1 morning and read on the news:
    "Utd has signed Huntellar for XXm"

u never know, hahaha. maybe SAF said the buying has stopped to bluff the other clubs

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Ya lor ... whenever he is not around really difficult to find ppl to cover him! dun have a proper one if philip is around maybe he can still do the job .... really no more potential right back!
    Wes Brown la. He can play in center and right back. O'Shea can do a job there too but I think he is better in the center.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wes Brown la. He can play in center and right back. O'Shea can do a job there too but I think he is better in the center.

John O Shea as striker

Man Utd currently have 8 defenders excluding the reserves.

1st choice from left to right back:
    Evra | Rio | Vidic | Neville

2nd choice:
    Heinze | Silvestre | O'Shea | Brown

Do we really need a defender if no one leaves and if Gary Neville can last 1-2 more seasons? Still got Gerard Pique in the reserves leh.

The area that Man Utd needs strenghtening is Striking. Midfield is very packed. I pity Fletcher, he really got his work cut out for him with the arrival of Anderson.

Based on last season's 1st choice midfield:
    Giggs | Scholes | Carrick | Ronaldo

2nd choice:
    Nani | Anderson | Hargreaves | Park

That makes Fletcher and Richardson extra. Should sell Richardson!

Strikers:
    Rooney | Saha

Ole | Smith

Dong | Rossi

If Saha is deem too injury prone and unreliable, then must sign a better striker as the rest are a little too lightweight. Smith is not going to score a lot. He brings aggression and power. Ole is still very deadly but is aging already and can't last an entire match. He look very shag after a game. Dong and Rossi needs to be given a chance but are they ready for duty as Man Utd chief striker?

So its all down to Saha I guess. I think SAF wants him out but have to get a suitable replacement 1st. If not, just stick with Saha and prays he dun get injured so often.

i agree with afbug. besides rooney and smith, the rest are pretty lightweight. i also dun think SAF will sell fletcher, maybe only sell richardson. SAF seems to like this fletcher guy...

so if sell richardson and heinze... we should be able to have more budget for a striker. we will have 6.5 defenders then, and should be enough provided they dun injure too often/long

Bolton chairman said that ManU are interested in Nicolas Anelka, while also insisting the striker is not for sale. Then, who is SAF going to buy? Apparently, he's not saying otherwise Chel$ki will move faster than him.

actually, Man Utd need 2 more good strikers if they want to excel in both CL and EPL next season..the last time we did well in both, was when we had the 4some of Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, and Ole in their goalscoring best..currently, only Rooney can fit the bill (but he is by no means prolific unfortunately)..assuming Saha will be gone by then..

Bolton chairman said that ManU are interested in Nicolas Anelka, while also insisting the striker is not for sale. Then, who is SAF going to buy? Apparently, he's not saying otherwise Chel$ki will move faster than him.
    Well I think there is no hope for Anelka liao. David Gill said so! That means that either SAF is satisified with Saha or looking at other strikers.

Anelka move ruled out
    It has been confirmed that United will not make a summer move for Nicolas Anelka after Bolton sought assurances from Reds chief executive David Gill.

Newspaper reports had linked the 28-year-old former Real Madrid and Arsenal forward with a switch to Old Trafford from North-west neighbours Bolton.

But Trotters chairman Phil Gartside spoke to David Gill over the weekend to clear up the matter.

Gartside told www.bwfc.co.uk: "David Gill has confirmed to me that Manchester United has no interest in Nicolas Anelka."

United have spent big already this summer, bringing in Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich, Nani from Sporting Lisbon and Anderson from FC Porto for a reported combined fee of £50million.

That may not necessarily be the end of Sir Alex Ferguson's spending, although Anelka is definitely not on the shopping list.

"We did a major bit of business for a significant amount of money [last week] and by in large that'll be the main element of our business," Gill told MUTV.

"But who knows what will happen over the next couple of months. If a player comes up that Alex feels will improve the squad then I'm sure we'll find the funds we need."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={B4CEE8FA-9A47-47BC-B069-3F7A2F35DB70}&newsid=433120

Quote Originally Posted by novello76 View Post
    actually, Man Utd need 2 more good strikers if they want to excel in both CL and EPL next season..the last time we did well in both, was when we had the 4some of Cole, Yorke, Sheringham, and Ole in their goalscoring best..currently, only Rooney can fit the bill (but he is by no means prolific unfortunately)..assuming Saha will be gone by then..
    That will be difficult and costly to get 2 strikers. I think should buy 1 as Smith is still reliable and should try to at least ease Rossi and Dong into the team.

I think it is about time Fergie will release either Rossi or/and Dong into the team if we are unable to get another striker! It will be a booster for them both which is what we need to advance further n defend the EPL title!

Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 491213141516192439 ... LastLast