Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    I think the it would be wise to get another defender, right back, since Neville is aging and badly in need of a replacement sooner or later. Although the midfield looks very crowded, already with Giggs, Scholes, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Park, Carrick and Richardson, and now enter Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson. SAF will be spoilt for choice in naming his midfield. Nani and especially Anderson are pacy players and can be used as a forward if the need arises. Before the next season even begins, the signing of the trio already sent shockwave around the league clubs and am sure they would be very worried by now especially Moanrinho.
    Yeah I think so too but this season's funds already finish! I think SAF is waiting to see if Heinze leaves. If so, I think he will sign a left back. If not, a new striker maybe and then use next season's budget to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by ykgen View Post
    i welcome our new devils.. but really hope they r not veron, kleb or djemba..

n afbug.. i really like the video u posted.. very funny.. the stand on ball, look n pass then the fly n twist move.. very entertaining.. luckily... ronaldo does not do that..
    lol that guy in the video is none other than Andri Kanchelskis for Glassgow Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    i hear this anderson has been on injury list most of the time , like Saha , how come man utd still want him?
    He was out for 5 months last season because some defender hack him down. The Porto boss actually said that it is better for him to leave as he said the English league is tough but not evil.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    This season Man U is diff.from previous the signing come so fast n gt 3 players caught alot of fans by surprise but good lah ... if not kena rob again last min for the past few season....

And signing of Andersen so slient no one gt time to react

Think man u just need to sign another striker n defender so be ok le....
    We're only following Benitaz's advice. He said last week that must be fast, if not u will not get the signnings u want.

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    in fact, i think Nani, Park, Hargreaves/Anderson/Carrick, Ronaldo can make the midfield.
    Wah if u think these players can't make the midfield, your standard is damn bloody high!

ManU to buy Nicolas Anelka? OMG, please get some younger and better striker.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...160883,00.html
    Yeah i dunno why is Man Utd is linked with dodgy strikers. 1st owen, then viduka and now the incredible sulk! Maybe because we got no transfer funds liao. But he is the best among the 3 la haha. I think his best years are behind him already.

hey guys , so issit cfm that we got nani and anderson ? i read the papers tdy it seems like only owen is confirmed but nani and anderson is only confirm verbally ??
    Well Man Utd's site is confident enough to announce and that shows that the board is very certain that they'll be Man Utd's.

Nani and Anderson have to pass the medical then can sign. All other factors like wages and transfer fee already agreed.
    Last edited by afbug; 1st June 2007 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Wah if u think these players can't make the midfield, your standard is damn bloody high!
    ello uncle, u drink too much wine liao lar...

i said they CAN make it lar

He make scoring so simpler, he is so good in the air...he will be the last piece of puzzle Fergie needs

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mIIGScglFCE

As for defence, John O Shea, West Brown and few of the young chaps are good enought as cover I guess

Quote Originally Posted by plsoong View Post
    ello uncle, u drink too much wine liao lar...

i said they CAN make it lar
    Aiyaa u say 'think' mah, so I tot u have doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    He make scoring so simpler, he is so good in the air...he will be the last piece of puzzle Fergie needs

As for defence, John O Shea, West Brown and few of the young chaps are good enought as cover I guess
    I wish for him but Saha have to go in order for him to come. Really too many strikers. Hope he is willing to go and can get a good amount for him.

I read that Gill said that Man Utd's shopping is almost done and dun expect anymore signings. But he also said that if Fergie wants someone, they will get him.

I think SAF is really eyeing Huntelaar but dunno what to do with Saha.

pls sell saha, but doubt got any takers willing to pay a good price
    Photo Album - Photo Album

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post

he's a mix of RVN and ole..

Torres, Berbatov are highly priced

Huntelaar, he still wants to stay at Ajax

Anelka, cheap and good

Looks like Anelka is the 1 of the best choice at the moment. He is similar to e'too. Fast, strong, deadly and both have an attitude as well.

Torres is a little overrated. Huntelaar and Alaves will be the best but will cost more.

BTW, Becks made a goal for England's 1-1 draw with Brazil lastnite. He is really something. Made Madrid's director and coach and now England coach and all his doubters eat their words.

Looks like Anelka is the 1 of the best choice at the moment. He is similar to e'too. Fast, strong, deadly and both have an attitude as well.

Torres is a little overrated. Huntelaar and Alaves will be the best but will cost more.

BTW, Becks made a goal for England's 1-1 draw with Brazil lastnite. He is really something. Made Madrid's director and coach and now England coach and all his doubters eat their words.
    Yeah, Gill did say that the main shopping is over for now; which means those expensive players are no-no but am sure with a 8m quid player like Anelka business still can be done. Read a number of ManU related msg boards yesterday and a vast majority of fans are in favour of Anelka, whom many rate him as sharp, strong, proven EPL striker and value for money. Anelka used to be an attitude player and many felt that only a manager like SAF can tame the beast in him. Remember the other attitude French player called Eric?

Yeah, Gill did say that the main shopping is over for now; which means those expensive players are no-no but am sure with a 8m quid player like Anelka business still can be done. Read a number of ManU related msg boards yesterday and a vast majority of fans are in favour of Anelka, whom many rate him as sharp, strong, proven EPL striker and value for money. Anelka used to be an attitude player and many felt that only a manager like SAF can tame the beast in him. Remember the other attitude French player called Eric?
    Yes he is good and at 28, he still have some years left in him but he got no hair. SAF hairdryer treatment dun work on him.

He can score in France, Spain and Turkey as well.

But Gill also said that if SAF wants someone, they'll get him. 8m is well within Man Utd's range. I think Man Utd actually have quite a sum stashed in the other pocket. Last season, SAF was given 25m to spend and he spent only 18m on Carrick. That leaves a balance of 7m. And then the sale of RVN at 15m? There should be at least 20m somewhere and plus this season bumper TV deal at 40m plus, there MIGHT be 60m in the other pocket. But of cause it is not feasible to spend all and still have to feed the Glazers. Spend haf and save half is reasonable.
    Last edited by afbug; 2nd June 2007 at 10:24 AM.

Yes he is good and at 28, he still have some years left in him but he got no hair. SAF hairdryer treatment dun work on him.

He can score in France, Spain and Turkey as well.

But Gill also said that if SAF wants someone, they'll get him. 8m is well within Man Utd's range. I think Man Utd actually have quite a sum stashed in the other pocket. Last season, SAF was given 25m to spend and he spent only 18m on Carrick. That leaves a balance of 7m. And then the sale of RVN at 15m? There should be at least 20m somewhere and plus this season bumper TV deal at 40m plus, there MIGHT be 60m in the other pocket. But of cause it is not feasible to spend all and still have to feed the Glazers. Spend haf and save half is reasonable.
    You forgot to add the 12m which Chelsea paid us for Mikkel, the bad attitude boy, whom we did not even own. This kinda of business deal is good to get into i.e. money comes in even without physically owning the goods.

You forgot to add the 12m which Chelsea paid us for Mikkel, the bad attitude boy, whom we did not even own. This kinda of business deal is good to get into i.e. money comes in even without physically owning the goods.
    Hahaha free money! Somemore it is 12 million! If someone give me 12 hundred dollars, I'll be happy liao!

the 12m was used to buy carrick which cost us only about 6 mil
    Photo Album - Photo Album

i hope man utd dun get anelka , he is truly a problem child

i hope man utd dun get anelka , he is truly a problem child

Cantona was a prob child too.

Richardson is being lured away. Sadly, with Giggs and Evra on the left, not easy for him.

A new team will do him good.

I would also expect some of the players from the Reserve Team to move on and earn Man U some $

The summer's shopping is almost done with the purchase of 3 new players. Am sure SAF is not done until he has bought another player, a striker, despite Gill saying that the major purchase is over though not discounting the possibility of another buy if SAF is convinced that the next target is essential to next season's defence of the title. With a number of players coming in, there is bound to be some shipping out in order to rein on the payroll and at the same time to balance the shopping budget to prevent it from ballooning. I believe some of them are surplus to requirement since they are lower in the pecking order in the respective department. If there is a need to sell, then I suspect Richardson, Heinze, Saha, Smith and Fletcher may have to go. We need to add another striker and defender and business is done and we should have sufficient dept for cover and rotation to keep them fresh as the season is gonna be a long one with the EPL, FA Cup, League Cup and CL games to be played.

UNITED LINE UP SAVIOLA SWOOP. Best of all, his contract ends this summer and he can move on a free transfer. His prefer destination is Man U! Wow, the signings this season come in fast and furious, man. Haha.....

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...ml&TEAMHD=manu
    Last edited by redstorm; 3rd June 2007 at 08:33 PM.

Saviola Sounds good. V good player and somemore FOC

UNITED LINE UP SAVIOLA SWOOP. Best of all, his contract ends this summer and he can move on a free transfer. His prefer destination is Man U! Wow, the signings this season come in fast and furious, man. Haha.....

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...ml&TEAMHD=manu
    But he is a little short and might not have the strength for the English league.

'Liverpool fans are the worst in Europe'

LONDON, June 3 (Reuters) - Liverpool supporters have been identified as the worst behaved at European matches in a report to be handed by UEFA to the British Government in Brussels on Tuesday.

The report, which has been compiled by undercover police agents from a neutral European force over the last four years, will be given by UEFA president Michel Platini to British sports minister Richard Caborn.

UEFA spokesman William Gaillard told Reuters: 'The incidents involving Liverpool fans have been well known to us before the trouble at the Champions League final which involved Liverpool fans last week.

'That was just the latest example. What other set of fans steal tickets from their fellow supporters or out of the hands of children? We know what happened in Athens, and Liverpool fans were the cause of most of the trouble there.

'There have been 25 incidents involving Liverpool fans away from home since 2003 and these are in the report -- most teams' supporters do not cause any trouble at all.'

Problems occurred at the Champions League final when fans with forged tickets and even without any ticket gained entry to the Olympic Stadium for the match against AC Milan, while dozens of fans with genuine tickets were refused entry.

When Liverpool fans did try to gain entry the situation threatened to escalate out of control and the Greek police fired tear gas and used batons.

Liverpool have submitted their own report to UEFA which criticises the security arrangements for the final.

Gaillard added: 'You must ask yourself why at the same match, with the same conditions, there was no trouble with the Milan fans - only the Liverpool fans.'

Liverpool fans were held responsible for the disaster at the 1985 European Cup final at the Heysel Stadium in Brussels when 39 mainly Italian fans died after a wall collapsed following a charge by Liverpool fans before the match against Juventus.

The tragedy led to English clubs being banned from European competition for five years.

No wonder fans at Man Utd forums always warn u when the Scousers are in town.
    Last edited by afbug; 4th June 2007 at 01:44 AM.

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast