Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

Default Re: Manchester United Part IV: English Premier League Champions!

soccer inflation really quite crazy..remember the days when ronaldino could have been ours for (was it?) 19M pounds? now that can only afford a carrick...and hargreaves..

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Can't wait for next season to begin, with the signing of two more teenagers, MU will have one of the youngest squad in EPL I recon Also it should benefit the club for the next few years at least, well done...hope they could adapt well like Ronaldo

Btw it will be a very entertaining team...see Nani score and celebrate his goal http://youtube.com/watch?v=ufsXWP48Sck

Anderson http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QoRV7JuQOc

Hope we get this guy also to form a wonderkids utd http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUIvbRkKzEI
    whoa...check out anderson's drag-back-n-drag-forward-nutmeg skills!

Quote Originally Posted by novello76 View Post
    Interesting purchases..have never seen both of them in action ..hope we get 2 new "ronaldos" and not 2 new "verons"....
    I tot Veron was quite good? Just like Crespo, they just couldn't fit into Engish tempo....Klebeson and Djemba Djemba worse right? They cannot dribble, cannot pass and not to mention score goal

Quote Originally Posted by novello76 View Post
    soccer inflation really quite crazy..remember the days when ronaldino could have been ours for (was it?) 19M pounds? now that can only afford a carrick...and hargreaves..
    I think the inflation rate isn't too great except for Chelsea. Back in those days, Ronaldinho was still at PSG, a problem child with lots of potential. And he has only 2 years left in his contract, hence the 19m price. He was suppost to join and back then in 03, United's CEO is none other than Peter Kenyon who left United for Chelsea a year later...

As for Hargreaves, he just sign a 5 year contract with Bayern Munich back in 05. So Man Utd have to buy out the remainder of it and his recently performance for England during WC06 push his price up.

The 18m for Carrick was 14m cash upfront with appearence and trophy fees added on to 18m. Similar to Rooney's 28m deal with 20m cash upfront. I think Carrick had quite a long contract with Spurs at that time.

Hargreaves transfer timeline

Gill delighted by triple coup

New signings excite Queiroz
    Last edited by afbug; 1st June 2007 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I tot Veron was quite good? Just like Crespo, they just couldn't fit into Engish tempo....Klebeson and Djemba Djemba worse right? They cannot dribble, cannot pass and not to mention score goal
    Yeah Veron joined Man Utd at the wrong time. Both Keane and Scholes are in their peak and it was hard to displace them. Esp Veron plays in Scholes position and he needs more time and space to work his magic. Scholes dun need that. He can create time and space on his own and that is why he is so good. He'll do a little detour and he has time and space to make a pass and besides, he is short but he dun need to do this:

to see who or where to make that pass.

Off the shoulder of Orion, near the Tannhauser gate

GLORY GLORY MAN UTD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now they need to rescript the wording for the songs......

This season Man U is diff.from previous the signing come so fast n gt 3 players caught alot of fans by surprise but good lah ... if not kena rob again last min for the past few season....

And signing of Andersen so slient no one gt time to react

Think man u just need to sign another striker n defender so be ok le....

to be very fair, i think more impt for back....this season although won the EPL...i still think the archilles is the defence....

granted HOPEFULLY Rio returns to topflight...thats and Evra and Vidic....but i think we need one more on standby, hopefully able to take on either side...

rotate the players abit more...

then i think we'll end up having a better chance.

in terms of attacking options (given all the players available on hand and given rotations) i think we've more options....true there may not be an all out striker or opportunist like RVM.... but if across the whole midfield + forward lines, u've balls always flying towards the goalmouth.....thats quite scary.....

its like..... a case of China missiles vs Taiwan missiles...

China missiles may not be accurate PER missilewise.....but drop 10000000, at least 10 will hit.

Taiwan missiles maybe more accurate....but not enuf missiles to inflict damage on as big a scale...

Hence....in this game of statistical attack, whoever gets the first shot in will only serve to inspire the rest of the team to plonk in more or make the opp players more nervous with constant popping of testing the goalkeeper.

I think the it would be wise to get another defender, right back, since Neville is aging and badly in need of a replacement sooner or later. Although the midfield looks very crowded, already with Giggs, Scholes, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Park, Carrick and Richardson, and now enter Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson. SAF will be spoilt for choice in naming his midfield. Nani and especially Anderson are pacy players and can be used as a forward if the need arises. Before the next season even begins, the signing of the trio already sent shockwave around the league clubs and am sure they would be very worried by now especially Moanrinho.
    Last edited by redstorm; 1st June 2007 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    I think the it would be wise to get another defender, right back, since Neville is aging and badly in need of a replacement sooner or later. Although the midfield looks very crowded, already with Giggs, Scholes, Fletcher, Ronaldo, Park, Carrick and Richardson, and now enter Hargreaves, Nani and Anderson. SAF will be spoilt for choice in naming his midfield. Nani and especially Anderson and pacy players and can be used as a forward if the need arises. Before the next season even begins, the signing of the trio already sent shockwave around the league clubs and am sure they would be very worried by now especially Moanrinho.
    IIRC the Roman is not giving them any more $ to buy new players!

i welcome our new devils.. but really hope they r not veron, kleb or djemba..

n afbug.. i really like the video u posted.. very funny.. the stand on ball, look n pass then the fly n twist move.. very entertaining.. luckily... ronaldo does not do that..
    used Nikon, Canon, Panasonic n Oly.. now Fujifilm

Quote Originally Posted by ykgen View Post
    i welcome our new devils.. but really hope they r not veron, kleb or djemba..

n afbug.. i really like the video u posted.. very funny.. the stand on ball, look n pass then the fly n twist move.. very entertaining.. luckily... ronaldo does not do that..
    I doubt Kleberson and Djemba Djemba are in the same class as the duo. Nani and Anderson are definitely much better players. Veron may be a very good player but it's just that his style of play doesn't suit the English game.

Park is actually pretty impressive, but think he needs to hone his shooting accuracy more...and now with the injury....alamak...

in fact, i think Nani, Park, Hargreaves/Anderson/Carrick, Ronaldo can make the midfield.

give the evergreen scholes and giggsy a break from overwork... thats if SAF plays 4 astride.

if its 5 astride, then Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves, Carrick, Ronaldo.

ManU to buy Nicolas Anelka? OMG, please get some younger and better striker.

http://www.football365.com/story/0,1...160883,00.html

Anelka? I would rather SAF save the money and look for someone younger which we can groom.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

hey guys , so issit cfm that we got nani and anderson ? i read the papers tdy it seems like only owen is confirmed but nani and anderson is only confirm verbally ??

Actually Anelka is a complete striker. Has speed, strength and a proven scorer. If he has mellowed and learnt to be a team player he can be very effective for Man U.

Remember Cantona, he was a rebel. Later he became a folk hero at OT.

Only SAF can inspire such individual.

Anderson wears 10 at Porto and may be he gets to wear 10 at Man U.

Nani wears 18 but since the nos is taken may be 19. Rossi wears 19 but he may be still be loaned out to Parma Cheese.

Owen? No 12?
    Last edited by jeff49er; 1st June 2007 at 07:26 PM.

i hear this anderson has been on injury list most of the time , like Saha , how come man utd still want him?

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    i hear this anderson has been on injury list most of the time , like Saha , how come man utd still want him?
    Not most of the time, just that he got injured himself in one match. All new signings are subject to a medical examination before they can be accepted by the club and put pen to paper.

Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 271011121314172237 ... LastLast