Thread: Outdoor strobe

Default Outdoor strobe

Just very curious about outdoor strobe.Since this unit need external battery to bring along for outdoor shooting.Anyone tried using UPS(uninterrupt power supply) b4

Default Re: Outdoor strobe

batteries made specifically for outdoor strobe usage consist of a deep cycle battery and an inverter (pure sine wave, I believe)

different manufacturers make battery packs for their brand of lights
    there are a few to choose from, there's a cheap one from Jinbei, there's higher end models from Elinchrom and Profoto and Hensel

there are power supplies from Dynalite (XP1100 I believe)

if you want to use a strobe outdoors with a battery pack that's non-propriety you can't just use any power supply, it has to be able to take a surge of twice the wattage stated on the power supply at least, and the power supply has to provides a pure sine wave.
    I've tried it before, it's very difficult. The only one that seems to work ok is Alienbees Vagabond unit

The UPS alone will break your back. UPS are heavy and meant to last only for a short while.

Volcano Land

Heh. I don't think your UPS holds enough charge. Unless you are talking about those really huge industrial-use variety. Which by then... I think buying a proper portable power pack is the cheaper option.

See the specials at the bottom of the page
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr -

Ya lah bro,,just asking cause I also never see anyone used it.Thanks for the Info,,the worst part is I will break my back bone....