Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Photoshop CS3 books?

  1. #1

    Default Photoshop CS3 books?

    I've been looking for Photoshop Cs3 books but haven't find any.. does anyone knows where to buy or is it out yet?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    I've been looking for Photoshop Cs3 books but haven't find any.. does anyone knows where to buy or is it out yet?
    Don't think there are in the market yet , went to the funan computer book stall didn't see any.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Most of the updates are progressive and the principles still hold. You can borrow one of the CS/CS2 books from library for now while you wait to purchase an updated version on CS3

  4. #4

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    I've been looking for Photoshop Cs3 books but haven't find any.. does anyone knows where to buy or is it out yet?

    it's out.i got it yesterday at funan computer book store.
    http://www.adobepress.com/bookstore/...321492021&rl=1

  5. #5

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Did a search at Amazon.com

    There are plenty of books on Photoshop CS3, some in stock but most for pre-order, by various authors, namely, Scott Kelby, Martin Evening, Ben Willmore and Bruce Fraser.

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_...i%3Astripbooks

    Should be also able to order through the larger bookshop here. Can also check with Riceball.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Do you think online training vidoe from Lynda.com (those videos provided by Adobe as part of introduction) makes sense? Its done by Deke McClelland, one of the Photoshop guru.

    I'm thinking of maybe subscribing for a month and finishing it within a month.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aim View Post
    Did a search at Amazon.com

    There are plenty of books on Photoshop CS3, some in stock but most for pre-order, by various authors, namely, Scott Kelby, Martin Evening, Ben Willmore and Bruce Fraser.

    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_i_...i%3Astripbooks

    Should be also able to order through the larger bookshop here. Can also check with Riceball.

    Thanks.. really a lot in Amazon. Hope they bring some to Singapore.
    Went to Funan and only one Photoshops Cs3 book available for now..
    Maybe just wait a little longer I am sure will have more to come.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Quote Originally Posted by dharma View Post
    I've been looking for Photoshop Cs3 books but haven't find any.. does anyone knows where to buy or is it out yet?
    saw it in rice today!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    jaxxb,

    The tutorials on Lynda.com are non-interactive, and I found these rather difficult to get through. This as against a full length training program with examples that you can attempt simultaneously. And you can not download these for viewing later.

    Having said this, it is definitely very good value for the price, particularly if you aim to get through the tutorials in a limited time frame.

    ganand01

  10. #10
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Just buy from amazon, might be even cheaper.
    Here are the shipping rates based on a 1.5 conversion
    bracket for 2nd item

    SGD
    19.20 (8)

  11. #11
    Member cwaikong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    480

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    The following books on Photoshop CS3 is available at the Computer Book Centre in Funan. You can also do a search at their website

    • Adobe Photoshop CS3 Beta First Look with Adobe Bridge and Camera Raw --- S$26.00
    • Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom In a Book --- S$66.00
    • Photoshop CS3 Channels and Masks Bible --- S$75.00

  12. #12

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    hmm i know nuts about photoshop, and am gonna get a copy of photoshop CS3, which book should i get to learn?

    Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom In a Book --- S$66.00 --> This?
    or borrowing a CS2 book from the library is good enough?

  13. #13
    Member cwaikong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    480

    Default Re: Photoshop CS3 books?

    Quote Originally Posted by wdEvA View Post
    hmm i know nuts about photoshop, and am gonna get a copy of photoshop CS3, which book should i get to learn?

    Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom In a Book --- S$66.00 --> This?
    or borrowing a CS2 book from the library is good enough?
    I think the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Classroom In a Book is a good book to start with. It shows the common Photoshop tasks in a "step-by-step" mannar. Take a look at the book and decide for yourself.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •