Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FORMULA 1™ Gran Premio de España Telefónica 2007. (13 May.)

Default Re: FORMULA 1™ Gran Premio de España Telefónica 2007. (13 May.)

Couldn't catch the live telecast today, so no comments on the coverage. But boy am I glad that Massa has won again, at Alonso homeground!!! Ha ha. Too bad about Kimi though....

This year F1 is sure exciting, The top 4 drivers are still very close to each other, and a rookie driver is now leading the championship standings!!!
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Couldn't catch the live telecast today, so no comments on the coverage. But boy am I glad that Massa has won again, at Alonso homeground!!! Ha ha. Too bad about Kimi though....

This year F1 is sure exciting, The top 4 drivers are still very close to each other, and a rookie driver is now leading the championship standings!!!
    Today's race was excellent. Really drama mama but the coverage, really bad. Its like showing ur beloved Steven Gerrard taking a shot a goal, then cut and go for ad break, then come back and tell u score liao.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug View Post
    Today's race was excellent. Really drama mama but the coverage, really bad. Its like showing ur beloved Steven Gerrard taking a shot a goal, then cut and go for ad break, then come back and tell u score liao.
    That is bad. Charge us so much, yet still have so much advertisement. The guys at StarSports sure have a poor sense of when is a good time for advertisment. I remeber I was always irritated by so many advertisement interrupting the F1 telecast.

Congratulations to Ferrari and F. Massa on the win. But I do feel for K. Raikkonen. In the past, Ferrari cars were known for their iron-clad reliability, but today the car failed him. Suay?

Another good showing from L. Hamilton. F. Alonso claimed that his car was not that drivable after his bump with Massa in the first corner. True or not?

Not much overtaking in this Spanish GP huh. Only drama, fire on Massa's car, wheel bolt loose on N. Heidfeld's front right wheel, etc. But I liked best was the way D. Coulthard nursed his car home for a 5th. place without 3rd gear and with N. Rosberg close behind him. There was a point when the rear camera shot from Coulthard's car showed how is skipped gear 3 through the corners and tried to keep Rosberg away from himself. Classic Coulthard.

Great show from the Ferrari of Felipe Massa. Other than bad luck, Kimi seemed to be struggling to get to terms with the car. He has been complaining about a lack of single lap speed but Massa showed this wasn't a problem. Now Kim appeared to be consistently beaten to the first corner at the start of the race. In the Bahrain race by Alonso and in the Barcelona race by Hamilton. I can't remember the Sepang race though.

The driving styles of Massa and Kimi are different as well. When Massa had a good lead, he would slow down to a more comfortable pace to ensure his victory. I remember Kimi had a big lead in Melbourne but he went on prove he had the fastest car by going even faster when there was no necessity to do so. Judging from this, I think Massa is more like Schumacher and Kimi definitely still needs to learn how to protect his car.

As usual, Alonso will blame anybody else but himself.

Well good to see that other drivers have provided more excitement. Also it is great to see Sato finishing with a point. He always seem to retire early in previous races. Hope to see more Asians challenging the Europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    That is bad. Charge us so much, yet still have so much advertisement. The guys at StarSports sure have a poor sense of when is a good time for advertisment. I remeber I was always irritated by so many advertisement interrupting the F1 telecast.
    i KBKB before to starsports...emailed them...but wat to do? last time the free-to-air sports channel have ZERO advertisements..but w/o the frills of pre/post-race stuff. I'll have the former anytime (assuming Steve is doing the commentary).

really sux to have the adverts...can't imagine the same during EPL....!@#@#%^~!

i counted at least 10 adverts during the entire race.....

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    i KBKB before to starsports...emailed them...but wat to do? last time the free-to-air sports channel have ZERO advertisements..but w/o the frills of pre/post-race stuff. I'll have the former anytime (assuming Steve is doing the commentary).

really sux to have the adverts...can't imagine the same during EPL....!@#@#%^~!

i counted at least 10 adverts during the entire race.....
    Having adverts during the race isn't so bad but not when they show u the car coming into the pits, the go for ad break and come back and tell u where his track position is!

Worst is the ending lastnite, show only the 1st 3 cars cross the finish line then Steve rattle off the remaining cars position and cut liao! Never show cars from 4-8th crossing the line. WTF?!?!?!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123