Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    "Long Hill" town
    Posts
    132

    Exclamation Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    Hi guys,

    I just saw the promotion over at ms color website and realise that there is a promotion going on for F31fd. I think the free gift they give are pretty standard, 2 x 1 g xd card, case, oem battery and etc at the price of $499. However, I juz asked them to quote me for S6500fd. To my surprise, it cost only $525 which is abt $30 more only (although no much freebies but juz a bag)... seems that S6500fd is a better choice?

    I believe the functionality of both the cameras are also more or less the same except one looks like a plain p&s while e other looks more pro. If we compare in term of photo quality which is better???

  2. #2

    Default Re: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    Quote Originally Posted by osmond19 View Post
    Hi guys,

    I just saw the promotion over at ms color website and realise that there is a promotion going on for F31fd. I think the free gift they give are pretty standard, 2 x 1 g xd card, case, oem battery and etc at the price of $499. However, I juz asked them to quote me for S6500fd. To my surprise, it cost only $525 which is abt $30 more only (although no much freebies but juz a bag)... seems that S6500fd is a better choice?

    I believe the functionality of both the cameras are also more or less the same except one looks like a plain p&s while e other looks more pro. If we compare in term of photo quality which is better???
    I believe both cams use same sensor..what I like the 6500fd is that it has 28mm wide angle, greater zoom range of course, and that in video mode, it can zoom..but of course this comes at the opportunity cost of it being heavier..

    I use the f31fd, and everything is great..just wished that it had 28mm...would have considered 6500fd if it was so cheap then..

  3. #3

    Default Re: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    Both cams are good. It depends on what u want. If u nd sth for u to carry ard everyday, den f31. If not S6500, will be good too. Getting tis weekend from Ms colour?>

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    "Long Hill" town
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    Hmm... cant really make up my mind. seems like s6500fd is a better catch if size isnt an issue?

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    "Long Hill" town
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    Quote Originally Posted by delfichoc View Post
    Both cams are good. It depends on what u want. If u nd sth for u to carry ard everyday, den f31. If not S6500, will be good too. Getting tis weekend from Ms colour?>
    yup most likely since it's gotta be a replacement for my old faulty A70

  6. #6

    Default Re: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    A700 or A70? dey have new outlet at amk hub. air-conditioned all the way. more comfortable. smaller shopfront, but have wat the old shop has.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    "Long Hill" town
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    Quote Originally Posted by delfichoc View Post
    A700 or A70? dey have new outlet at amk hub. air-conditioned all the way. more comfortable. smaller shopfront, but have wat the old shop has.
    Canon A70. My super old first digital camera that I bought in 2003 and it lasted me till now. Think if my dad didn't drop it, i think it's still going strong haha...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    my 1st cam is olympus c2zoom. simple cam, double A batt. but drains q fast. still working. seems like old cam has a long life. i had a new one last yr, Z2. wanted sth slim. but if given a choice nw, i would rather go for sth fatter. F series.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    "Long Hill" town
    Posts
    132

    Default Re: Fujifilm F31fd VS S6500fd

    A70 at tat time was one of the few low-end camera but with function of a high-end camera (full manual) plus the cheap rechargable AA batteries (and it really lasts) n CF card hence making A70 a gem among budget buyer. juz tat its size is a bit bulky but who cares as I like e grip.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •