View Poll Results: Which steakhouse do you prefer?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morton's Steakhouse

8 53.33%
  • Lawry's Steakhouse

7 46.67%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    this will escalate into a flame thread if i go on further.
    generally, you grew up overseas mah.so naturally AM gals more suitable for you lor.

i'm brought up in sgp, part of my education, in australia.
    but do i prefer aus guys?no.but i had fun there with the people, with the culture.
    back home, i still prefer singaporean guys, though they have their flaws, their weakness.
    No flames if the trolls do not arrive en mass.

Ok, let me say this, I prefer woman I like

Hey wackoyacky, sorry for OT in your thread ...

and I believe a ...

Big Congrads in in order for your first wedding anniversary.

Congradulations!
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

deadpoet, your spelling SUCKS!

For me great people to hang out with are Ang Moh/Caucasian because they're really cool and party hard, (excuse me for this next one, no offense, RATED R18) if getting laid I prefer SG/Chinese/Japanese because they are so damn sexy makes me drool hahahahahaha but when it comes to commitment, of course nothing beats that your partner is one of your own

I have no problem with the OT, hehehehe

Why don't you and jeanie have a dinner-only meet up Sometimes opposite really attracts each other

Hello,
    I'm a foodie who eats out all the time. Regular at most steak places. Actually why don't you keep your choices flexible? Morton's and Lawry's aren't exactly top notch for steaks by int'l standards. They are good enough for business and social dinners here, but if you really want to feel emotionally and gastronomically satisfied, and please your wife too, Oriental has Dolce Vita (mediterranean), and Chijmes has a few options (Gyu-kaku - BBQ beef), Hog's breath - Good steaks. And Cuppage plaza has many excellent Jap restaurants. Steak places that have good ambience too are few in Singapore. So maybe I suggest going to Hog's Breath for the steak and bring her out to the top of Swisotel for drinks (for the ambience!).
    Just my 2cents. Hope u have a great evening!
    http://jeremyalexanderphoto.zenfolio.com/
    JEREMY ALEXANDER PHOTOGRAPHY

Quote Originally Posted by wackoyacky View Post
    I have no problem with the OT, hehehehe

Why don't you and jeanie have a dinner-only meet up Sometimes opposite really attracts each other
    left came a lame dater, now right comes a match maker?

Quote Originally Posted by icebooke View Post
    Hello,
    I'm a foodie who eats out all the time. Regular at most steak places. Actually why don't you keep your choices flexible? Morton's and Lawry's aren't exactly top notch for steaks by int'l standards. They are good enough for business and social dinners here, but if you really want to feel emotionally and gastronomically satisfied, and please your wife too, Oriental has Dolce Vita (mediterranean), and Chijmes has a few options (Gyu-kaku - BBQ beef), Hog's breath - Good steaks. And Cuppage plaza has many excellent Jap restaurants. Steak places that have good ambience too are few in Singapore. So maybe I suggest going to Hog's Breath for the steak and bring her out to the top of Swisotel for drinks (for the ambience!).
    Just my 2cents. Hope u have a great evening!
    is the sun restaurant(jap) still at chijmes?
    that's good too!
    very nice decor.

if you really want ambience, try humble house at esplanade.
    it was ranked (cant remember) one of the top 100 restaurants in the world.
    good food.but servings a little small.

@icebook
    thanks for the recommendations, I'll go check out your recommendations, I was supposed to be making reservations already, but I guess I have to check first all your recommendations, I don't know what made me stick to this two options really hehehe may be because I know the place exactly.

@jeanie
    'cmon give it a try hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    To be honest with you, never dated an Asian who had grown up in Asia until I moved to Singapore a few years back. It was not a concious choice, and also has to take into consideration, availability.

Do I prefer ang mo girls, yes, I do, particularily how they think and value things in life. Hard to find a true bon vivant among Asian. That said, I am having fun here
    Eh, DP you are ang moh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    Eh, DP you are ang moh?
    he ang mor expat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn View Post
    Eh, DP you are ang moh?
    Not ang mo

But also not from Singapore
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Lawry's is just hyped up. This perception of "Dine here to show that you are well heeled and have class". Which somehow isn't really the case. I could think of more extravagant places to eat. I guess it's just something to do with the symbolic nature of dining at such a place.

If nothing else, I found Lawry's service nothing short of excellent.

I can settle with a Rp14,000 double steak from the waroeng (stall) down the street. I don't find it taste any different from the last time I ate at Lawry's... except maybe for having to put up with mosquitoes and flies.

I've been longing for a good feed at Brazil Churrascaria at 6th Avenue.. man I miss it so bad I'm hungry just thinking of it.

Not ang mo

But also not from Singapore
    Chin mo?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    wacko,

here's the link.
    someone brought me there, and i absolutely love the atmosphere/ambience, until he asked if we could go steady.

i've been there trice, none of the bills were less than $250 for 2 pax.
    but it's almost equivilant to the 2 you named, if that's your budget.

http://www.beaufort.com.sg/res_cliff_photos.html
    Do they still have the outdoor seafood BBQ thingy there? I have not been there for quite a while... good place

BC

Lawrys is good.. better than mortons imho... portion is a bit smaller and abt 20% cheaper?
    If u decide to go mortons, go for smaller cut or share a main, reserve space for the Godiva chocolate.. it will ensure u have a wonderful anniversary..

I think jeanie's suggestion of the cliff is also not bad. I havent been there since they change the restaurant but it was quite a nice loca.. can walk around the beach afterwards as well.

To be honest with you, never dated an Asian who had grown up in Asia until I moved to Singapore a few years back. It was not a concious choice, and also has to take into consideration, availability.

Do I prefer ang mo girls, yes, I do, particularily how they think and value things in life. Hard to find a true bon vivant among Asian. That said, I am having fun here
    hahahaha....piece of advice, don't marry a Singapore Girl....hahahaha....I never even dated an ethnically Chinese girl be it ABC, BBC or CBC until I came 'back' to Singapore, now I married one, Chinese and Singaporean, double wammie.....boy oh boy.....hahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kennethw View Post
    hahahaha....piece of advice, don't marry a Singapore Girl....hahahaha....I never even dated an ethnically Chinese girl be it ABC, BBC or CBC until I came 'back' to Singapore, now I married one, Chinese and Singaporean, double wammie.....boy oh boy.....hahahahaha
    You seem happy enough!

You can also try Gordon's Grill at Goodwood Park.

I'd go for Morton's. I preferred a real steak to the roast beef thingy I was served at Lawry's.

Having said that, why not just try cooking a steak meal, candlelights and all at home, for the day?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast