View Poll Results: Which steakhouse do you prefer?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Morton's Steakhouse

    8 53.33%
  • Lawry's Steakhouse

    7 46.67%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63

Thread: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

  1. #21

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Went to Oosh near botanic garden. will recommend the place for its deco and ambient + the food is not that expensive. A beef tenderloin only cost $29++ and im quite satidfied with it.

    If picky about food and service can try St pierre in magazine rd. A degustation meal will cost $115++ per head and $30++ more if u order extra cheese and $75++ more if come with wine degustation. i will say the food is really not bad. But i normally favor quantity over quality.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75 View Post
    Went to Oosh near botanic garden. will recommend the place for its deco and ambient + the food is not that expensive. A beef tenderloin only cost $29++ and im quite satidfied with it.

    If picky about food and service can try St pierre in magazine rd. A degustation meal will cost $115++ per head and $30++ more if u order extra cheese and $75++ more if come with wine degustation. i will say the food is really not bad. But i normally favor quantity over quality.
    quatity?then buffet will be your best bet

  3. #23

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    @Jeanie
    Do you know the name of the one you suggested so that I can make some researching first?

    @Ramius
    I did consider St Pierre, but as I've said it is too classy, that I don't know which one is meant for eating and which one is meant only for decoration hehehe

  4. #24

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    wacko,

    here's the link.
    someone brought me there, and i absolutely love the atmosphere/ambience, until he asked if we could go steady.

    i've been there trice, none of the bills were less than $250 for 2 pax.
    but it's almost equivilant to the 2 you named, if that's your budget.

    http://www.beaufort.com.sg/res_cliff_photos.html

  5. #25

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    quatity?then buffet will be your best bet
    ya, me and my friends always prefer buffets. We were once in Singapore island country club's buffet and we asked the chef to cut us a 1.5-2 inch thick roast beef. the chef is looking at us with a strange look and my friend replied " we not paiseh 1"

    we had 2 slices of the monsters steak + some of everything else....

    @wackoyacky - The ambient of Oosh is good provided its not raining and i think the food is ok for the price.

    thats why u can have the degustation meal its a little bit of everything, but the whole course will be like 3 hrs... i was like so sleepy in the end...
    Last edited by Ramius75; 10th May 2007 at 03:03 PM.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    wacko,

    here's the link.
    someone brought me there, and i absolutely love the atmosphere/ambience, until he asked if we could go steady.

    i've been there trice, none of the bills were less than $250 for 2 pax.
    but it's almost equivilant to the 2 you named, if that's your budget.

    http://www.beaufort.com.sg/res_cliff_photos.html
    The Cliff is very nice ...

    have you tried Il Lido at the Sentosa Golf Club ... very nice overall, great ambience, good food
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  7. #27

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Thanks jeanie! I'll go check it. Hahaha so ur the type of girl that doesn't want any commitment huh! hehehehe...nice......

  8. #28

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    The Cliff is very nice ...

    have you tried Il Lido at the Sentosa Golf Club ... very nice overall, great ambience, good food

    nope.u blanjah me?

  9. #29

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    nope.u blanjah me?
    hahaha

    please define "blanjah"

    as you know, language challenged.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  10. #30

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by wackoyacky View Post
    Thanks jeanie! I'll go check it. Hahaha so ur the type of girl that doesn't want any commitment huh! hehehehe...nice......
    eh, don anyhow say hor...

    no chemisty, no connection how to say yes?

    think of a gal from your secondary school whom you dont even take a 2nd look (to be your gf).
    imagine she ask you be her bf.
    get the idea?

  11. #31

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    hahaha

    please define "blanjah"

    as you know, language challenged.
    treat

  12. #32

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    treat
    sure ... why not
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  13. #33

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    sure ... why not
    what an indirect way to dating me.

    sorry TS for OT!

  14. #34

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    hmmmm I smell somethin here, hehehehe go ahead jeanie accept deadpoet's invitation

    BTW has anyone in CS has seen you? YOu always post your pics without your face showing , you're a mysterious gal hehehe

  15. #35

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by wackoyacky View Post
    hmmmm I smell somethin here, hehehehe go ahead jeanie accept deadpoet's invitation

    BTW has anyone in CS has seen you? YOu always post your pics without your face showing , you're a mysterious gal hehehe
    yes have.
    it's better to be mysterious mah.
    show face already lose friends liao.

    btw, congrats on 1st wedding anni.

    you can also try equinox restaurants at top of swissotel.
    absolutely gorgeous views.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Both too expensive, cannot afford, therefore never been....

  17. #37

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    what an indirect way to dating me.

    sorry TS for OT!
    wrong .... a dinner does not a date made ... how local girls jump to conclusion is always beyond me ...

    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  18. #38

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    wrong .... a dinner does not a date made ... how local girls jump to conclusion is always beyond me ...

    oh, so you prefer ang mor gals lah.local gals not your taste lah.


    you kantang eat too much lah!

  19. #39

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    oh, so you prefer ang mor gals lah.local gals not your taste lah.


    you kantang eat too much lah!
    To be honest with you, never dated an Asian who had grown up in Asia until I moved to Singapore a few years back. It was not a concious choice, and also has to take into consideration, availability.

    Do I prefer ang mo girls, yes, I do, particularily how they think and value things in life. Hard to find a true bon vivant among Asian. That said, I am having fun here
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  20. #40

    Default Re: Which One Do You Prefer Morton's Or Lawry's

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    To be honest with you, never dated an Asian who had grown up in Asia until I moved to Singapore a few years back. It was not a concious choice, and also has to take into consideration, availability.

    Do I prefer ang mo girls, yes, I do, particularily how they think and value things in life. Hard to find a true bon vivant among Asian. That said, I am having fun here
    this will escalate into a flame thread if i go on further.
    generally, you grew up overseas mah.so naturally AM gals more suitable for you lor.

    i'm brought up in sgp, part of my education, in australia.
    but do i prefer aus guys?no.but i had fun there with the people, with the culture.
    back home, i still prefer singaporean guys, though they have their flaws, their weakness.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •