Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36

Thread: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Changi, goto DFS, bought a bottle of wine, go thru security, no problem, board plane, transit in Frankfurt, need to go through security, bottle no good ....... how ..... drank wine with 2 fellow strangers, dump bottle, go through custome, no more problem
    refused entry because of intoxication
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  2. #22
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    I really do not see what is the fuss. I actually rather appreciate the current rules. More people check in their luggage, less mess in the cabin, life is infinately better.
    No, DP, I beg to differ. Banning liquids doesn't necessarily mean less cabin baggage. You should see people carrying trolley bags into the aeroplane. These days I only carry my camera backpack with me as cabin baggage. I don't even try to put it in the overhead bins - they are usually full. I just keep it under the seat in front of me. Sorry, for that aside.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    As far as water goes, I bring a 1/2 liter bottle, empty, go through swecurity, and fill the bottle with water once I get on the plane. Simple as that!
    We won't be able to do this. At the security screening before we board the flight, they will ask us to empty the bottle.

    Anyways, thanks to all you folks. I did get some meaningful answers. It all boils down to cost and some 'elements' making the world a difficult place to live. I can't imagine what will come our way next.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  3. #23
    Senior Member asterixsg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in this creation
    Posts
    2,060

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Changi, goto DFS, bought a bottle of wine, go thru security, no problem, board plane, transit in Frankfurt, need to go through security, bottle no good ....... how ..... drank wine with 2 fellow strangers, dump bottle, go through custome, no more problem

    Good one
    You made two strangers happy. Spread some happiness in this world. This is what we should all do.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

  4. #24

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    refused entry because of intoxication
    1/3 of a bottle, nah, does me no intoxication
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  5. #25

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Or just buy the wine in frankfurt. Better wine, cheaper too.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Or just buy the wine in frankfurt. Better wine, cheaper too.
    Impulse purchase ... beside impossible to get what I go at Changi in Frankfurt ...

    anyhow, the next leg of the journey was very ...soothing
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  7. #27

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    anyhow, the next leg of the journey was very ...soothing
    I'll bet!

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    The DFS shop is actually supposed to pack/help you arrange your purchases such that you can bring them on-board. You can ask them the next time you buy something from them.

    Nitroglycerin? I doubt you can actually handle a bottle of it and bring it up to the plane before it blows up in your bag or in your hands first.

  9. #29
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Why 100ML? This is an arbitrary limit.

    If someone is intent at making a bomb, can't he combine a few bottles with friends or otherwise to do it? Perhaps they are just spreading the risk int he hope that they can catch one of the small bottles. That said, even if they catch one, there's many more.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by Yatlapball View Post
    The DFS shop is actually supposed to pack/help you arrange your purchases such that you can bring them on-board. You can ask them the next time you buy something from them.

    Nitroglycerin? I doubt you can actually handle a bottle of it and bring it up to the plane before it blows up in your bag or in your hands first.
    The problem is not DFS nor Changi, it had to do with the intra Europe leg of my journey.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  11. #31
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    He is saying you bring an empty bottle ONTO the plane, and ask the cabin crew to fill it up for you when you are on board.

    Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post

    We won't be able to do this. At the security screening before we board the flight, they will ask us to empty the bottle.

    Anyways, thanks to all you folks. I did get some meaningful answers. It all boils down to cost and some 'elements' making the world a difficult place to live. I can't imagine what will come our way next.

  12. #32

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Just pray no smart ass manages to make explosive clothes.... we will then be asked to strip and wear security overalls like prisoners prior to boarding plane.

  13. #33

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    He is saying you bring an empty bottle ONTO the plane, and ask the cabin crew to fill it up for you when you are on board.
    Thanks.

    Btw, I got to refil the bottle anyway. For a long haul flight, say 12 hours to Europe, I generally drink 1.5-2 liter of water. It has tobe refilled.

    And bringing an empty bottle is so much lighter.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  14. #34
    Member mojopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    bEdOk NoRtH
    Posts
    344

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    I am wondering what happen to those liquid medications and can't be placed in the check-in luggage???? some come in big bottles.
    You are who you are. Shoot what you enjoy.
    PBase || Blog

  15. #35

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    U guys just hope no one bring an explosive device that looks like a camera.

    Anyhow, noose is getting tighter, we're all pwn3d.

    .

  16. #36
    Member szhoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Canada, Singapore
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: Cannot carry liquids onto aeroplane as cabin baggage...

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Changi, goto DFS, bought a bottle of wine, go thru security, no problem, board plane, transit in Frankfurt, need to go through security, bottle no good ....... how ..... drank wine with 2 fellow strangers, dump bottle, go through custome, no more problem
    Thats the way to go..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •