Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Singapore Zoo - Looking for image contributions

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Exclamation Singapore Zoo - Looking for image contributions

    Listen up! Listen up!

    Singapore Zoo is looking for images taken at the Mandai Zoo (duh?!?) for possible inclusion in future issues of the Zoo magazine and also usage on website and promotion materials.

    Images can be of the following:-
    1. Animals & wildlife
    2. Scenery and environment
    3. People and candids

    As there will not be any remuneration for usage of your image, the following will apply:-
    1. Copyright of images will remain with the photographer.
    2. If your image is used, your name will be called out as the contributor.
    3. Singapore Zoo will have the right to use the images submitted by ClubSNAP members in the Zoo magazine, in-house materials and on their website for promotion purposes.
    4. For any other usage, the Zoo will contact the photographer for further discussion.

    For those that want to submit their images please burn your images onto CDs, and pass them to either myself, Simon or Jason during the next couple of SEEDs (next one coming up on 26th March thereafter on 9th April).

    Submission Instructions

    Please mark your name and contact number on the CD (so that acknowledgement can be given if your image is used, and the Zoo can contact you if needed), and the naming format for the images should be:-

    INITIALS-yyyymmdd-subject

    Thus, if i submit an image of elephants taken today, i would name them as follows:-

    DL-20030322-Elephant1
    DL-20030322-Elephant2
    DL-20030322-Elephant3
    and so on...

    Images should be in JPEG or TIFF (JPEG preferred) format, and the suggested minimum dimension is 2160 x 1440 pixels (to enable full page A4 printing if needed). Images smaller than 2160x1440 can be submitted but it may only be useful for smaller pictures in the magazine or for online usage.

    This is open to all, so if you think you have some suitable or unique images you have taken at the Zoo, please submit it.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    hmmm...i seldom shoot in Zoo, but if JBP need images, i do have lots of penguins photo to contribute.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    5,499

    Default

    megaweb should just donate his entire hard drive...

  4. #4

    Default

    Originally posted by Larry
    megaweb should just donate his entire hard drive...
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557

    Default

    why not CS do what Willyfoo did for the Spice Garden.

    Organise a shoot which members's photo will be contributed to the zoo's usage..
    Hopefully member can shoot the animals in a different way.
    The Zoo can help us plan the shoot, esp. on feeding or any special timing..

    Cheers,
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  6. #6
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Originally posted by PentiumPC
    why not CS do what Willyfoo did for the Spice Garden.

    Organise a shoot which members's photo will be contributed to the zoo's usage..
    Hopefully member can shoot the animals in a different way.
    The Zoo can help us plan the shoot, esp. on feeding or any special timing..

    Cheers,
    That can also be arranged. But seeing that members have been going to the Zoo on their own for quite a while, sure have some pictures that have been taken previously which are probably unique.

    If members are interested to gang together for a one day shoot, we can arrange another outing - will try to cover as many of the activities as possible.

  7. #7

    Default

    Originally posted by Larry
    megaweb should just donate his entire hard drive...
    You bet!!!

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Originally posted by Darren
    That can also be arranged. But seeing that members have been going to the Zoo on their own for quite a while, sure have some pictures that have been taken previously which are probably unique.

    If members are interested to gang together for a one day shoot, we can arrange another outing - will try to cover as many of the activities as possible.
    Can we get special access to certian enclosure etc.. so we can have special zoo outing not like others that we go on our own..

    cheers,
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

  9. #9
    Sin
    Guests

    Default

    Are those clubsnappers going to be given freebies or things like free entry to zoo for a year or such thingy?

    Or are we just trying to run professional photographers out of business in Singapore?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    I have I have!!!! Will pass it to you guys this SEED!

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Singapore Zoo - Looking for image contributions

    Originally posted by Darren
    Listen up! Listen up!

    Singapore Zoo is looking for images taken at the Mandai Zoo (duh?!?) for possible inclusion in future issues of the Zoo magazine and also usage on website and promotion materials.

    Images can be of the following:-
    1. Animals & wildlife
    2. Scenery and environment
    3. People and candids

    As there will not be any remuneration for usage of your image, the following will apply:-
    1. Copyright of images will remain with the photographer.
    2. If your image is used, your name will be called out as the contributor.
    3. Singapore Zoo will have the right to use the images submitted by ClubSNAP members in the Zoo magazine, in-house materials and on their website for promotion purposes.
    4. For any other usage, the Zoo will contact the photographer for further discussion.

    For those that want to submit their images please burn your images onto CDs, and pass them to either myself, Simon or Jason during the next couple of SEEDs (next one coming up on 26th March thereafter on 9th April).

    Submission Instructions

    Please mark your name and contact number on the CD (so that acknowledgement can be given if your image is used, and the Zoo can contact you if needed), and the naming format for the images should be:-

    INITIALS-yyyymmdd-subject

    Thus, if i submit an image of elephants taken today, i would name them as follows:-

    DL-20030322-Elephant1
    DL-20030322-Elephant2
    DL-20030322-Elephant3
    and so on...

    Images should be in JPEG or TIFF (JPEG preferred) format, and the suggested minimum dimension is 2160 x 1440 pixels (to enable full page A4 printing if needed). Images smaller than 2160x1440 can be submitted but it may only be useful for smaller pictures in the magazine or for online usage.

    This is open to all, so if you think you have some suitable or unique images you have taken at the Zoo, please submit it.
    Hi

    I have taken some shots at the singapore Zoo and willing to share. I wont be attending seeds.

    So How do I submit ?


    Ng Hiang Shue (John)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •