Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: All Along The Watchtower

Default Re: All Along The Watchtower

Hi microcosm,

May I know in what area is critique to be sought for this photo?

Let me share my opinion on this photo.

In my opinion, this is a pix that is very dear to photographer personally coz of its story and the difficulties faced during the process of shooting.

A picutre is at its BEST when it speaks by itself in certain extend.
    This pix might not in anyway (both in face expression or physical emotion) convey to the viewers the touchy story the photographer wishes to narrate and convey.

Cheers
    Last edited by Hosea; 10th May 2007 at 02:38 PM.

Default Re: All Along The Watchtower

Quote Originally Posted by Hosea View Post
    Hi microcosm,

May I know in what area is critique to be sought for this photo?

Let me share my opinion on this photo.

In my opinion, this is a pix that is very dear to photographer personally coz of its story and the difficulties faced during the process of shooting.

A picutre is at its BEST when it speaks by itself in certain extend.
    This pix might not in anyway (both in face expression or physical emotion) convey to the viewers the touchy story the photographer wishes to narrate and convey.

Cheers
    You have did. I just wanted to know how this image makes people feel.

You are right about this image. It is like many of those images that would not have worked without an accompanying article to explain. Like many of the war images. Without the article, one would have no idea where the place could have been... and under what circumstances those images were taken.

Unless the mother is holding a banner, with a message like "Set my son free. He is no dissident" or "Free political prisoners", or having an emotional outbreak like crying at the gate of the prison, it is really hard to get any angle to shoot to tell the story by itself. She is just hoping that one day, she can catch of a glimpse of her song being allowed to get some sun in the courtyard, or maybe just see a glimpse of him to know that he is still alive.

To hear this story is heartbreaking, but to take a picture to tell this story... it would have been near impossible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12