Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: Books for me to read..

  1. #1

    Smile Books for me to read..

    Hi all, I am kinda new to photography and i have some times to spare so i wonder are there any good books that can help me brush up my photography skill? Any books that any of you can recommend?

  2. #2

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    HWM Mega Guide : Digital Photography

    a must for anyone interested in making their shots better
    Canon 400D:18-55:75-300:50F1.8:tokina 28-70F2.8:
    msn - viroxmk5@hotmail.com

  3. #3
    Member shocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Rental @ 82237153
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Google on basic photography, there is so much to read and learn.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    bryan peterson - understanding exposure is a must read!

    maybe can try some of the natgeo guidebooks...

  5. #5

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Agree HWM Megaguide is a good read.

    You can also try National Geographic's Ultimate Field Guide to Digital Photography.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    do you know any bookshop that sells the HWM mega guide?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Quote Originally Posted by hairygorillaz View Post
    do you know any bookshop that sells the HWM mega guide?
    IMM ground floor. magazine stand...

  8. #8

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Quote Originally Posted by Jinks View Post
    Agree HWM Megaguide is a good read.

    You can also try National Geographic's Ultimate Field Guide to Digital Photography.
    Agree! I started with these two also. You should also get a good book on PP.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Quote Originally Posted by shocky View Post
    Google on basic photography, there is so much to read and learn.
    is there a book or "bible" that teaches basic to advanced photography that you recommend? I prefer to have a handbook that all information is there and not have to keep on googling the information and print out.
    PM me if U Want Asst Wedding Photographer
    http://totoro17.multiply.com http://chinhaven.tripod.com

  10. #10

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Quote Originally Posted by totoro17 View Post
    is there a book or "bible" that teaches basic to advanced photography that you recommend? I prefer to have a handbook that all information is there and not have to keep on googling the information and print out.
    Start with the HWM megaguide. I think many of us started out there. Simple, good illustrations, rather comprehensive as an introduction. You can move on to the NG after that.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Quote Originally Posted by posez View Post
    Start with the HWM megaguide. I think many of us started out there. Simple, good illustrations, rather comprehensive as an introduction. You can move on to the NG after that.
    ya....i am waiting for promotion that give out that book free. coz i want to join their membership.
    PM me if U Want Asst Wedding Photographer
    http://totoro17.multiply.com http://chinhaven.tripod.com

  12. #12

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    i've read the megaguide and i tink its wonderful as it has nice and colourful images that aid understanding..

    after reading that, just pop by the library and grab a couple of books...

    anyway if u really have a some free time....shoot more hahahah...nutting beats hands on to apply the things u have read

    cheers

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    hey, the IMM mag stand does not have the mega guide. Any other places where i can purchase?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    I saw a big stack in the Kinokuniya Book Store at Bugis Junction

  15. #15
    Senior Member dorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,174

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    I just bought mine at Kinokuniya at Takashimaya. Lots of them. They have both the old one, and the new version(Sony).

  16. #16

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Quote Originally Posted by dorts View Post
    I just bought mine at Kinokuniya at Takashimaya. Lots of them. They have both the old one, and the new version(Sony).
    how mucH? what do u mean old and new version?
    PM me if U Want Asst Wedding Photographer
    http://totoro17.multiply.com http://chinhaven.tripod.com

  17. #17
    Senior Member dorts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,174

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    There are 2 versions of the HWM Mega Guide. $18 The newer one is based on the Sony Alpha.

    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=257414

  18. #18

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Not really old or new, just a special version that teaches the basics to users of that particular camera.
    Glanced through both. Not much difference leh

  19. #19

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    Has anyone tried this http://www.123di.com/default.htm

    It is US$50 to buy ..

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Books for me to read..

    have any of you visited riceball photo bookshop at adelphi? how is it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •