• mac

95 53.37%
  • pc

83 46.63%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: mac users vs pc users

Default Re: mac users vs pc users

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    you are the guy with the bargain of the century, right!!
    You can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Do you find it easy to add a printer? It's much more difficult and confusing with Mac OS X than the old Mac OS but I think Windows XP is very good even though Windows NT/2000/98 were difficult and confusing.
    No, I find OS X easier....when I plug in my printer, I didn't even have to install the CDROM (which I guess contains the drivers), I was afraid that my printer doesn't support Mac and was searching for the CDROM but I couldn't find it!!! So I said, plug in and see if can detect. Surprisingly, no need the CDROM at all!!!

Also, my Windows XP PC got lots of problems connecting to my USB iomega external CD-R drive. When I installed according to the manual, it keeps on detecting it as CDROM!!! I got the driver installed and re-installed many things. I had to remove from the Device Manager and re-add again few times then can work. When I plugged into Mac, I didn't even have to install the driver and OS X can detect and I can use it immediately with Burn.

That's because OSX installed a lot of printer drivers when it was first installed. Hence, it comes pre-built with most of the latest printer drivers.

No installation of printer drivers is typically required.

I admit it's user problem sometimes...but with Mac I dun have all this issues and have taken care of people like me who didn't have much IT knowledge. So, my next notebook definitely got to be a Mac!

I guess I've had too much history with Mac OS X, having used it from the public beta onward but my Canon i9900 and MP600 both needed the drivers installed. Probably by 10.4.12, they'll both be part of Mac OS X.

It's still amazing how little it takes to get things done and it seems that Windows fights you all the way but Windows XP Home is much better than Professional in helping you with simple things. Administering the machine with Home seems a nightmare.

What day 1? You mean you own Lisa?

Do you notice the price difference when you register for a server hosting service on Windows, Mac and Linux / Unix???

im using both. got an imac as an desktop and a windows laptop.
    but i use mac more often
    Where words fails, music and picture speaks

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    I have both

I use PC to play game and my Mac for just about everything else
    Hahaha same here
    Canon 30D, G11, 50 f1.8II, 10-22 f3.5-4.5, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f2.8L IS, EX580II

Started with Amiga Computers (1000, 500, 2000)...went to Apple Computers (FX, iMac)...then to PC and stuck to it ever since. I don't know about you folks but I like building my own PCs the last decade and beyond. And here is the funny thing...I rarely have a problem with it. And if it did, it is not always Windows fault. And I am not a light weight user too..all my PCs gets a very good workout from my designing work, hard core gamming, multimedia...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Started with Amiga Computers (1000, 500, 2000)...went to Apple Computers (FX, iMac)...then to PC and stuck to it ever since. I don't know about you folks but I like building my own PCs the last decade and beyond. And here is the funny thing...I rarely have a problem with it. And if it did, it is not always Windows fault. And I am not a light weight user too..all my PCs gets a very good workout from my designing work, hard core gamming, multimedia...etc.
    For people who can build own PC, Windows should be running fine...but for people like me who cannot differentiate even a video cable, a Mac just work.

Mac is good if only i can use it to play games......

Quote Originally Posted by Teegongkia View Post
    Mac is good if only i can use it to play games......
    Sheesh, games, games, games....don't you kids got nothing better to do with the comp except to play games?

That's what PS and XBox and Wii are for.

I'm personally glad there are little games on Mac to tempt me. And it is this fact that makes the Mac good for students->Let them concentrate on the real work.

Well, I'm a complete computer illiterate when I bought my first computer, which is a Mac. Thank God for that as I never really gotten hooked on gaming.

My son too, had been on a Mac since age of 3, and even now that I bought him an Intel Mac and install Windows, we'd just play a couple of FIFA 07 games, and then get bored. On the average, we spend less than 1 hour on games per week.

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    Sheesh, games, games, games....don't you kids got nothing better to do with the comp except to play games?
    Me 44 and I still can't get enough of gamming leh heh....it's more fun then dating! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Me 44 and I still can't get enough of gamming leh heh....it's more fun then dating! LOL
    You got no life....

Quote Originally Posted by hobbit6003 View Post
    You got no life....
    Sim Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Potter View Post
    Sim Life!
    Hahaha, good one!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast