Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Lightroom

Default Re: Adobe Lightroom

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    well, creating 1:1 previews for 1000 RAW files needs a lot of memory....
    consider discarding previews when you have sorted and rated the pics and create the previews only for the ones you want to work on.... keeping the standard size preview low quality and low res will help as well, however you have to put up with lousy pics when you use the loupe until the better view is loaded.... and on your new large screen even in standard view they may look lousy...
    so how?
    when you say discard previews, mean i press delete?

ya.i dont like lousy previews.else i buy a big screen for?????

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    you do not need to be a student to buy the education edition btw.
    technically, you need to be a student to get it at that price(of course, that ultimately rests on the reality of checks and balances in their retailers). However, the academic pricing does not limit your use of the software for commercial means, you get the full deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    so how?
    when you say discard previews, mean i press delete?

ya.i dont like lousy previews.else i buy a big screen for?????
    OT. how's the mac? got try photoshop liao?

Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    OT. how's the mac? got try photoshop liao?
    you know OT you still post?pm me lor

the one i'm testing now keeps crashing when i process a folder of 800 images. might need to go back to C1..
    sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by xziredmp View Post
    who need to get the education version ?
    I wan! Can you get it? At wat price?

But jeanie: No need to be student??
    Canon 5D mkII|24-105 F4 IS L|70-200 F4 IS L|135 F2 L|580EX|

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    I wan! Can you get it? At wat price?

But jeanie: No need to be student??
    Just go down to funan and check with the stalls no problem of getting it

Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    bought the full version
    hey, how much does it cost?

and any differents like extra feature between them both?

thanx

Tip: Speed up LR on XP/Vista

On both XP and Vista, Lightrooms database and preview cache is located in the "My Picture" (or "Pictures" on Vista) folder by default. If you have installed "Windows Desktop Search" on XP or you are using Vista the search indexer will try to index this folder, and can slow down LR considerably.

When you generate previews in Lightroom, both Windows and LR will fight for the disk (this happens even when the Vista version of Search has the "Background" I/O priority).

Solution: Exclude the lightroom folder from the Search index (no need to turn off Desktop Search).

On a sidenote, if you have installed the Nikon NEF Codec for Vista and open a folder with NEF files, Vista will generate previews for all NEFs in the backgroud. If you then start to import this folder to LR you get the disk thrashing again...

Source : http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3cfa2

hmm not sure if anyone posted this before.

Is Lightroom compatible with Windows Vista?

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 will install and run on Windows Vista; however, Adobe cannot guarantee the quality of the software experience until Adobe fully certifies Photoshop Lightroom for use on Windows Vista...

source : http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc399a1

hmm not sure if anyone posted this before.

Is Lightroom compatible with Windows Vista?

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 will install and run on Windows Vista; however, Adobe cannot guarantee the quality of the software experience until Adobe fully certifies Photoshop Lightroom for use on Windows Vista...

source : http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc399a1
    yes. can use.

I dunno why.. but i can't seem to import nikon's .nef files into my lightroom... why is that so??

i have patch with camera raw 4.0
    Last edited by pethuel; 6th June 2007 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ihub88 View Post
    yes. can use.
    heh i know can use.. anyway,

Q. Does Adobe Photoshop Lightroom® run on Windows Vista?

A. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 1.0 will install and run on Windows Vista. However,
    Lightroom was released before Windows Vista became publicly available and has not been
    fully tested on the final shipping version of this new operating system. Compatibility testing
    of Lightroom is now underway. Adobe will evaluate whether to release an update to
    Lightroom depending on whether any significant issues emerge during this testing. One
    known issue is that the Lightroom CD and DVD burning tools do not currently function on
    Windows Vista. Technical Support will document any additional known issues in the
    Adobe knowledgebase, which customers can access at www.adobe.com/go/support. Enter the
    keyword Vista.
    Last edited by Errz; 6th June 2007 at 04:53 PM.

One thing nice about LR, is that it can add folders from my external HDD, so now I only keep my recent photos on my computer, and the rest on my HDD as I get pretty decent working speeds when exporting. Anyway, I'm using LR on Vista Business, and I've not encountered any problems with Canon RAW (.CR2) files, and no "glitchs" of any sort.
    1D MkIII, 5D MkII 16-200 2.8L, 35L, 50L, 135L
    View my flickr

Quote Originally Posted by pethuel View Post
    I dunno why.. but i can't seem to import nikon's .nef files into my lightroom... why is that so??

i have patch with camera raw 4.0
    camera raw does not work with LR....
    LR should work with all current Nikon Models except NEF from the D40x. The D40x is not yet supported.

Support Nikon Models:
    Nikon * D1 D1H D1X D100 D200 D2H D2Hs D2X D2Xs D40 D50 D70 D70s D80 Coolpix 5000 Coolpix 5400 Coolpix 5700 Coolpix 8400 Coolpix 8700 Coolpix 8800

Tip: Speed up LR on XP/Vista

On both XP and Vista, Lightrooms database and preview cache is located in the "My Picture" (or "Pictures" on Vista) folder by default. If you have installed "Windows Desktop Search" on XP or you are using Vista the search indexer will try to index this folder, and can slow down LR considerably.

When you generate previews in Lightroom, both Windows and LR will fight for the disk (this happens even when the Vista version of Search has the "Background" I/O priority).

Solution: Exclude the lightroom folder from the Search index (no need to turn off Desktop Search).

On a sidenote, if you have installed the Nikon NEF Codec for Vista and open a folder with NEF files, Vista will generate previews for all NEFs in the backgroud. If you then start to import this folder to LR you get the disk thrashing again...

Source : http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc3cfa2
    Another elegant method to avoid this problem is to move the LR database somewhere else. It does not need to be in "My Pictures"! If you move the files from "My Pictures" to a different folder then LR will prompt you on start up to locate the database. You can force this also by pressing ALT during start up. LR will ask you then which database you want to use or if you want to open a new one.

Pardon me asking but does LR replace Album?

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Pardon me asking but does LR replace Album?
    No... LR is more than album.... much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    camera raw does not work with LR....
    LR should work with all current Nikon Models except NEF from the D40x. The D40x is not yet supported.

Support Nikon Models:
    Nikon * D1 D1H D1X D100 D200 D2H D2Hs D2X D2Xs D40 D50 D70 D70s D80 Coolpix 5000 Coolpix 5400 Coolpix 5700 Coolpix 8400 Coolpix 8700 Coolpix 8800
    well.. i tried to open/import my .NEF files straight from my memory card using the import function in LR, it say unable to open the format... or not supported... not so sure... i will go back and check again... but i am sure the files are xxx.NEF files that are taken with D50...

Quote Originally Posted by pethuel View Post
    well.. i tried to open/import my .NEF files straight from my memory card using the import function in LR, it say unable to open the format... or not supported... not so sure... i will go back and check again... but i am sure the files are xxx.NEF files that are taken with D50...
    have you tried to import first from SD onto your HD and from there into LR?
    i am using a D70 and i have no problems with the NEF files

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast