Thread: Which is better? Oly E330 or E300??

Default Which is better? Oly E330 or E300??

Hi all .. which one is better for a newbie? thanks.

Default Re: Which is better? Oly E330 or E300??

Firstly, what is your reason for getting either E330 or E300 or any other DSLR for this matter? I believe we can help you better if we know what photos you take. And also budget.

Quote Originally Posted by dorts View Post
    Firstly, what is your reason for getting either E330 or E300 or any other DSLR for this matter? I believe we can help you better if we know what photos you take. And also budget.
    Hi, i am just starting on DSLR and my budget will not be exceeding $700.. know is not much to get a solid DSLR but just want to try out slightly on DSLR. As for photos i don't have specific.. may consider general for now.. thanks for the quick reply bro.

Both are solid machines, both in build and function.

E330 is a newer model, 0.5 mgpix less, has live view + articulated LCD.Useful for macro, odd angles, stealth.

E300 has the solid kodak ccd which some prefer for its colour(subjective).

For $700 you could get the E300 easily 2nd hand from the Buy & Sell.

For me I would get the E330. You could do so much more with it. You could get one 2nd hand for a little more than your budget or bump it up a few hundred bucks and order it off the net. Firesale now for the E330 on some US online stores.

$700 is definitely insufficient for a new DSLR. So I 2nd hand one from this forum's B&S would be great. I'll just like to ask you, why go for a Olympus? LOL. A E-300 to be specific. It has already been discontinued.

Quote Originally Posted by MerseysideRed View Post
    Both are solid machines, both in build and function.

E330 is a newer model, 0.5 mgpix less, has live view + articulated LCD.Useful for macro, odd angles, stealth.

E300 has the solid kodak ccd which some prefer for its colour(subjective).

For $700 you could get the E300 easily 2nd hand from the Buy & Sell.

For me I would get the E330. You could do so much more with it. You could get one 2nd hand for a little more than your budget or bump it up a few hundred bucks and order it off the net. Firesale now for the E330 on some US online stores.
    Thanks bro for the comment.. actually had arranged a viewing with one of the bro here for his E330.. hope able to deal it.. Personally also prefer the E330.
    hope i did not make the wrong choice..
    $700 is definitely insufficient for a new DSLR. So I 2nd hand one from this forum's B&S would be great. I'll just like to ask you, why go for a Olympus? LOL. A E-300 to be specific. It has already been discontinued.
    Yupz.. looking for a second hand one.. know first hand not possible.. Why Olympus ar.. because i used to own serveral digital camera but i like the colour from Oly most.. also due to the budget i have.. seems like Oly will be a better choice...

Ok. I love Olympus colours too! Hope you will get the Olympus soon. Happy shooting.

(C & N will start swarming in soon. LOL.)

Ok. I love Olympus colours too! Hope you will get the Olympus soon. Happy shooting.

(C & N will start swarming in soon. LOL.)
    haha.. thanks bro.. now still seriously thinking between this 2.. got offers from 2 bros regarding this 2 model.. haha.. what's C&N?

Get the E-330. E-300 has been discontinued.

Canon & Nikon.