Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time Share in Orchard MRT

jus another business tatic to CON naive hsewives and LOSTA-MONEY-BUT-NO-WHERE-TO-SPEND tai tais

I've been trapped once....last time. I was on the way back home Citibank after settled my account, then in front of Dome cafe a small lady (girl) stopped me and ask me to fill the survey, I just did quick answer and she gave me a coupon for thank you token. I opened the the coupon and she said I strike the top prize, then she told me I need to go orchard building to claim the price after attending 90 mins presentation. I was reluctant because I was not in mood that time, then she called her friend and he explained to me that if I attend the presentation she will get $20 dollars and bla..bla.bla....being clueless and I bit symphaty to her I went for the presentation, they held me for 3 hours plus and the way the ask my credit card is like I owe something to them. I felt offended and I was quite angry.......until the manager come and bring the prize but what the hell he persuade me again to join the club, after I said no means no he let me go with the prize. BTW, they ask you to switch off the mobile phone and they check physically that your phone is off.

Mostly the surveyors (part time) are secondary school students and the number of surveyor increase drastically on school holiday.

Here some idea how to avaoid this incident:
    1. Never fill in survey form without a clear company letter head on it. If they insist you to fill in ask the surveyor ID/IC and what company employ him/her. (Actually can the company be sued due to conduct bogus survey? The survey actually is to filter people to match their marketing target). These companies are quite smart they set the bait using innocent look of secondary school students.
    2. Never ever put your mobile phone/home number into lucky draw coupon held by these kind of travel clubs. They going to bug you until 'pheng' with their bait of free watches..etc..etc...if you said no another person/same person will call again and again.

Numerous complaints on ST but it seems this practice still going strong.
    Last edited by Knighthunter; 23rd March 2003 at 12:27 AM.
    W204FL

I got to say that Timeshare itself is not a scam though the propaganda tactics employed are highly questionable. That is not to say that Timesahre ityself is without risks... who knows if you may have gotten into some company that uses Timeshare as a ruse?

Anyway I think that for those who travel lots, Timeshare may be good, but a lot of them need to work on their advertising methods.....

If I'm not wrong.... Timeshare works on the supposed value of the property that you are sharing in. if the value is high, you get to exchange for an equally high value accomodation elsewhere. so, if you get a low value one then you always be restricted wherever you try to get accomodations in.

Oh well, I dun even have money to buy air ticket... not to worry about THAT!

vince123123
    Guests

i think the idea of getting cs-ers wif big cams to shoot them is interesting. hell we can even tell them we are doing a news article on time sharing Hehehe

those unconscionable tactics employed by them should be eradicated. i never experienced one of those myself tho. maybe next time i should say gimme the free gift upfront first then ig o. go liao i just leave. the most sue them for false imprisonment n let them pay thru the nose hee hee..

I sort of pity those who have signed up, cos they often do so under pressure and regret later...

I also pity those who are their touts pressuring pple to sign up.

I think those who are in the streets are just goons trying to earn some pocket money, if we want to go all out against these Timeshare Companies, we shld not target the foot soldiers...

Just my 2 cents...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12