Thread: Cable release

Default Cable release

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can give me advise on how much a cable release should be costing - i dont want those very short ones, i want a substatially long one. and other options of releasing the shutter. I saw some websites about building your own cable release but im not an electrician so haha. Any discussion is appreciated. Using a canon 350d.

Default Re: Cable release

IIRC, it should cost around 30+. Can't remember too well though. An alternative will to be using a timer. Though you have to wait 10s for each pic taken.

There is the RS 60E3, cable length is about 60cm(?). Is that too short for your purpose?
    Other options is the RC-1 remote controller. Operating distance is about 5m.

costs wise, you can check this link for Canon accessories or call the shops to ask
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...=154099&page=7

is that the infrared one? that can basically has to be operated standing right in front of the lens?

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionnaire View Post
    is that the infrared one? that can basically has to be operated standing right in front of the lens?
    RC-1 is the wireless on operated by IR, bascially have to aim at the front of your camera.

Perhaps you can share with us what type of photos you need to take, that might require you to have a "long" cable? So that the others here will know what to advise. They might be able to offer some tips and techniques instead of just the accessories.