Thread: Destitute

Default Destitute

Go closer? Cut off the sky surrounding it. Maybe allow the branches to touch all four sides of the photo. Maybe it will look more abstract.
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

thanks for your comments. I was trying to create the mood of destitution, despair, totally squeezed dried of hope. If I let the tree fill the entire frame, perhaps the effect will not be that good? What do you think?

Unregistered
    Guests

Originally posted by Tweek
    thanks for your comments. I was trying to create the mood of destitution, despair, totally squeezed dried of hope. If I let the tree fill the entire frame, perhaps the effect will not be that good? What do you think?
    I would say both have its own merits.

The fill-to-the-corner approach wld be more abstract as pointed out earlier, whereas the approach you have taken is immediately more recognisable of what you are trying to convey.

I have postcard of a B&W photo by magie noire (is this person famous? i dont know, but it doesnt matter) and its of the effiel tower, and half of it is framed by a dry withered tree - i will try and post it when i have the opportunity to scan it.

It is my favourite and its framed and on my desk.

I am not sure abt the abstract thingy. But I definitely like this shot.