View Poll Results: Increasing my salary will not persuade me to stay in a company I don't like.

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Strongly Agree

13 32.50%
  • Agree

10 25.00%
  • Neutral

7 17.50%
  • Disagree

6 15.00%
  • Strongly Disagree

4 10.00%

Thread: Increasing my salary will not persuade me to stay in a company I don't like.

Default Increasing my salary will not persuade me to stay in a company I don't like.

With reference to the previous 2 polls I set up:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273521

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=276852

Most of the responses of "Salary increase is the only way to retain workers?", ranged from "Neutral' to 'Strongly Agree'.

& Most of the responses of "Be it living in Hell, I love my salary truly, madly, deeply.", ranged from 'Neutral' to 'Strongly Disagree'.

With these two responses combined, there is this conflicting notion that on the one hand, salary increase is a very strong motivator to retain workers. Yet, when it comes to working in a dissatisfied environment, most people will either stay neutral or disagree on the importance of salary. Hence, I would like to do a final poll and let our own responses give everyone a clearer picture of how strongly we feel towards paycheque and the importance it plays in our life.

Default Re: Increasing my salary will not persuade me to stay in a company I don't like.

It depends on the amount of salary increase.

Default Re: Increasing my salary will not persuade me to stay in a company I don't like.

The opposite is true too. You can be contented with your salary and motivated enough to contribute to the company because you know that you'll not be forgotten when the company performs.

vince123123
    Guests

Yeap, 2.2 million should be quite sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    I agree with this point to a certain extent. I feel that it may be a temporary way to keep someone with the company and see if he'll change his mind but it will not be a long term solution. If he's no longer with the company mentally, it doesn't really make sense for him to stay with the company anymore.

I don't know if anyone resigns before finding another job. If so, the job must be really bad that he can't wait to leave anyway. If not, he'd probably have already signed the contract with another company anyway, so how much more pay will he need to tell the new company he wants to rethink the contract?
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 6th May 2007 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Yeap, 2.2 million should be quite sufficient.
    I just need 200 dollars Increment, PER DAY.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

I remembered Infernal Affairs, I think undercover agents work sux and they are suffering immense amount of stress from both the good world and the bad world. I dun think increasing the amount of salary can keep me (if I am a spy) from quitting this type of job where I can get killed anytime and anywhere!

vince123123
    Guests

How about 200Million a DAY, payable in Advance, where all you need is to be undercover for 5 days to become a billionaire.

And where you can use your first day's salary to employ bodyguards and snipers to cover you while you work? And possibly even buy yourself more undercover people in the gang you are undercovering in, to cover your backside in case the snipers can't reach you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu22 View Post
    I remembered Infernal Affairs, I think undercover agents work sux and they are suffering immense amount of stress from both the good world and the bad world. I dun think increasing the amount of salary can keep me (if I am a spy) from quitting this type of job where I can get killed anytime and anywhere!

With that about of money, can buy them over le, no need to send spy.
    APAD | Blog

there's no job statisfaction..

imagine u draw a 100k/mth job and ur boss expects u to work 7d a week, 18hrs a day, and no annual leave.

working with a load of airhead colleagues who does nothing but tries to stabs you in your back the moment you turn your head to pee.

working for a boss who draws 200k a month who does nothing but breaths down your neck and tries to bed your wife.

You work so much you end up paying your doctors for all the medical treatments.

would you stay?

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    there's no job statisfaction..

imagine u draw a 100k/mth job and ur boss expects u to work 7d a week, 18hrs a day, and no annual leave.

working with a load of airhead colleagues who does nothing but tries to stabs you in your back the moment you turn your head to pee.

working for a boss who draws 200k a month who does nothing but breaths down your neck and tries to bed your wife.

You work so much you end up paying your doctors for all the medical treatments.

would you stay?
    Apart from the wife part, I will stay.
    APAD | Blog

vince123123
    Guests

It still depends on the amount of money given.

Again, my extreme example of 200Million a day. With that, I can employ bodyguards for my wife to make sure she doesn't come into contact with him

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Apart from the wife part, I will stay.

It still depends on the amount of money given.

Again, my extreme example of 200Million a day. With that, I can employ bodyguards for my wife to make sure she doesn't come into contact with him
    200mil a day i'll hire someone to take him out

and according to my rates u draw 200mil / day and he draws 400mil/day u'll most prob be paid in turkish bill

vince123123
    Guests

The point that I'm trying to get you to realise is that for a sufficiently large amount of money, human beings will seriously consider doing what they normally will not do.

Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    200mil a day i'll hire someone to take him out

and according to my rates u draw 200mil / day and he draws 400mil/day u'll most prob be paid in turkish bill

How about 200Million a DAY, payable in Advance, where all you need is to be undercover for 5 days to become a billionaire.

And where you can use your first day's salary to employ bodyguards and snipers to cover you while you work? And possibly even buy yourself more undercover people in the gang you are undercovering in, to cover your backside in case the snipers can't reach you.
    I may get killed before the end of day 1!!

Unless I'm James Bond

vince123123
    Guests

Heh that's where the bodyguards and sniper covers come in

Quote Originally Posted by Shu22 View Post
    I may get killed before the end of day 1!!

Unless I'm James Bond

Quote Originally Posted by CaeSiuM View Post
    The opposite is true too. You can be contented with your salary and motivated enough to contribute to the company because you know that you'll not be forgotten when the company performs.
    This is not really true - these days companies rarely treasure employees.

I my job but I my company probably for underpaying me......so the only way to cure that is to increase my pay substantially and I will be