Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 35

Thread: Woooo $7000 dream pc

  1. #1

    Default Woooo $7000 dream pc

    as said.. just need it to be fast, preferbly 4gb ram? 3 screens and high graphics..
    harddisk no need more than 200 gb..
    i only use less than 1gb for WC3 + photos which uses up about 2GB a month ^^ + misc..i.e picassa msn messenger etc etc..
    hmm...also want a DVD+rw drive

    Any one want to help me put up the inventory list as for what to get?
    Last edited by seanlim; 5th May 2007 at 04:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc


  3. #3

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    7 thousand won't get a dream setup IMO, much less one with 3 monitors.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    7 thousand won't get a dream setup IMO, much less one with 3 monitors.
    yeah true.. each screen if apple cinema display = 998 liao ><
    but samsung LG etc going for like 500?...

    ok lets say 5000 for the computer nia...

    and no apples....yet.. wana see how good a com i can get with 5k

    rmb 3 years ago i got a custom made com for like 2k.. at that time was WOWEE already..haha lost touch... no idea how advance the graphic cards have come to these days

  5. #5

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post

  6. #6

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    too long away from "jiang hu" le

    Case:$400
    Ram: 4x1gb = 600
    Processor: AMD / Dual core =$800
    Motherboard: Asus? = $800
    Graphics card: latest one? preferbly 512 MB = $1200
    Sound Card: Sound blaster = $500
    Harddisk: 100gb? = $100
    Disk dvd+rw = $200
    Cooling system: =$100
    Speakers : $400

    Total: barely $5000?

    any better ideas? pweaseeeee
    Last edited by seanlim; 5th May 2007 at 04:55 PM.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Don't bother with AMD, Intel's C2Ds are better. 512mb is peanuts for a graphics card these days, get a 640mb 8800GTS at least, and you need two cards for 3 monitors.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Don't bother with AMD, Intel's C2Ds are better. 512mb is peanuts for a graphics card these days, get a 640mb 8800GTS at least, and you need two cards for 3 monitors.
    oh yeah..i was just reading about that. ^^
    hmm so how much would a 640mb 8800GTS cost?
    and i may just go for ONE super super swee monitor first..

  9. #9
    Account Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Shanghai Singapore
    Posts
    42

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    oh yeah..i was just reading about that. ^^
    hmm so how much would a 640mb 8800GTS cost?
    and i may just go for ONE super super swee monitor first..
    looks like your machine may do more then photoshop....


    maybe arm a nuclear weapon, sync with US intelligence satalite GPS, run several DNA analysis on alien skin matters and skype with the bush administration and google for porn .... at the same time msn and QQ with hot chicks...

    you make james bond pale in comparison



    hur hur hur


  10. #10

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj View Post
    Don't bother with AMD, Intel's C2Ds are better. 512mb is peanuts for a graphics card these days, get a 640mb 8800GTS at least, and you need two cards for 3 monitors.
    SLI cant support multi monitors yet.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    too expensive lol

  12. #12

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok95 View Post
    SLI cant support multi monitors yet.
    You can run 2 graphic cards without using SLi. It's iffy, but it can be done.


    IIRC of course.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Just get a 24" Imac and save the rest of the money

  14. #14

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    xiao lah,lol
    u fire rocket or u bionic man with blindingly fast fingers?..

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,156

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Dun mind me saying, will you utilize all the processing power of every part of the PC?

  16. #16

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    the HD is just too slow

    should get those with 15k RPM one then worth it.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc


  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BB West
    Posts
    2,188

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by seanlim View Post
    too long away from "jiang hu" le

    Case:$400
    Ram: 4x1gb = 600
    Processor: AMD / Dual core =$800
    Motherboard: Asus? = $800
    Graphics card: latest one? preferbly 512 MB = $1200
    Sound Card: Sound blaster = $500
    Harddisk: 100gb? = $100
    Disk dvd+rw = $200
    Cooling system: =$100
    Speakers : $400

    Total: barely $5000?

    any better ideas? pweaseeeee
    Do your own home work.

    www.hardwarezone.com (under pricelist)
    www.potterhouse.net

  19. #19

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Get fiber channel harddisks.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Woooo $7000 dream pc

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    Dun mind me saying, will you utilize all the processing power of every part of the PC?
    maybe? i just want a really good graphic card + nice ram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •