Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikon or Canon Compact?

Default Nikon or Canon Compact?

Hi,

Though I have been in CS for quite sometimes but still very new to it.

Wanna ask for advise for Nikon Coolpix L10 and Canon Ixus 70.

I heard that Nikon's compact it's not really great due to the resolution. I heard only.. but I am not really sure about it. Thus, I need tthe experts here to advise me...

I'm considering Nikon Coolpix L10 cos of budget but if it's really not that good then I would rather wait.

Thanks =)

Default Re: Nikon or Canon Compact?

Good compacts:

Canon IXUS 850IS, Fujifilm F31fd.

Check out DP Review and Imaging Resource for digital camera reviews which are balanced and quite accurate. Google is your best friend!

fujifilm f31d

Go with Canon or Fujifilm. Won't go wrong.
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

For me, either Fuji F31D or Canon Powershot A710IS.

Comparing Nikon L series and Canon IXUS is like comparing Apples and Oranges.

both are designed for different market.
    Nikon D80|AF-S DX 18-70mm f3.5-4.5G|AF-S VR 70-300mm f4.5-5.6G|AF 85mm f1.8D|SB-900
    Neobux

I recommend Fujifilm F31fd from MS Color...

For compact cameras, I would usually suggest Canon or Fujifilm
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Hi,

Thank's for all the replies.

I wanted to get Canon Ixus 70 and I've checked with MS Color, it's S$480.

As a student, I have own budget, that's why I am made to take Nikon Coolpix L10 into consideration as it's only S$220.

Thus, I am now thinking if I should just get Coolpix L10 or wait to save up some more to get Canon Ixus 70.

But since I heard that Nikon Compact Camera is not very good, that is why I need to seek for advice before I make the final decision.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LHN2000 View Post
    Hi,

As a student, I have own budget, that's why I am made to take Nikon Coolpix L10 into consideration as it's only S$220.

Thus, I am now thinking if I should just get Coolpix L10 or wait to save up some more to get Canon Ixus 70.

But since I heard that Nikon Compact Camera is not very good, that is why I need to seek for advice before I make the final decision.

Thanks
    If budget is a problem, get the fujifilm f20 if you must have a new camera. Else buy a fujifilm f11 off the buy and sell forum. Anything else is just second class.

consider panasonic lumix series, products are made in Japan..

Quote Originally Posted by LHN2000 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks
    If budget the constraint, get the F20 from MS Color at $299. Not all cam from each brands are good, so do not get the Fujifilm A700 nor the Nikon L10... You will regret..

If you have a budget and want to make sure that your first camera is sufficiently good, get the F31fd else the F20. Most PnS will require some level of PS and alike, some like the Fuji will require less or none.

I'd go for a Canon. I had major quality problems with a Nikon compact a while back.
    Entry level compacts are 200-300, but you get what you pay for. Quality goes up from 300+.
    Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis of a government
    Flickr

Since u have a budget, I would recommend u to go for f20 at ms colour @299. I'm very tempted to buy. If not for my 1 yr old Z2, I would have snapped up the offer. F series are known for their low noise and night shots. Do keep that in mind. If u buy L10, u will regret. If u buy Ixus 70, u will regret cos no stabliser n it's 400 plus, paying for the outlook. Go for f20 ba. U can check out the picture quality at the fuji forum for f20 samples, so chio.

hav you considered 2nd hand? since your budget is pretty tight.
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

and also....no lumix for me. Picture quality can make u cry when u mark them to high ISO. It's realli q jialat. Japan made or China made is not that important. For F31fd, tho china made still receive great reviews. So the place of birth for cameras is secondary. Dun be blind by that. Casio cameras oso japan made, just like their calculators. Picture quality oso not good. So u understand what i'm trying to put across?

just as chinese saying goes, hero doesn't care abt where he's from. haha. just like cameras.

guess only canon left for u..

i suggest shortlist 1 nikon, 1 canon, 1 fuji, 1 whatever. then go shop and test. see which you prefer.

i highly recommend the f31d though. good color, low noise, good video

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs View Post
    i suggest shortlist 1 nikon, 1 canon, 1 fuji, 1 whatever. then go shop and test. see which you prefer.

i highly recommend the f31d though. good color, low noise, good video
    u can go MS colour to shop, the staff der are more patient and friendly than SLS salesperson.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast