Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: SAF officer exposed himself in school

Default Re: SAF officer exposed himself in school

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    but a highly educated man is supposedly intelligent enough to know right from wrong and not sexpose himself like that.

This is called profiling. You normally don't expect a SAF officer being taksed to defend our country to commit any crimes like this (or at all). Similiarly for any police officers.

Of course, I'm sceptical if you really know what I'm talking about
    no, highly educated man is suppose to be better in covering up the truth.

vince123123
    Guests

The concept of felonies and misdemeanours are more relevant to US systems than Singapore systems - the closest analogy I can think of is that of seizable and non-seizable offences.

As for going into the school in itself is not a crime - it only becomes a crime when you have the intention as I said in my previous posts - as you said, when he admitted to one, he will be slapped with another (whether or not he knew of the second crime to begin with).

Quote Originally Posted by nottipiglet View Post
    I think he has been unfairly charged because he was in the male toilet, right next to the cubicle. Going into the school for no real reason is not a crime. It is, at most, a misdismeanor, like parking offenses.

However, all speculations are moot because he did admit to the crime, so I think he intended to go in there to expose himself to girls... in which case, he should be punished.

I pity the guy who walked about naked in his flat, and was charged. That's very very unfair. I read the news some time back. I think it was in Sengkang.

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    ST

District Judge Lee Poh Choo adjourned the case to June 7 to await a progress report from Dr Lim.
    She said: 'I take into account that he is young, a brilliant young man, and his future is in jeopardy over this unexplained behaviour.'
    She also sought an assurance that Ong would not repeat such behaviour.
    So take brilliant and young into account?? What about the emotional damage to the younger maybe more brilliant students in the school?? This person should be locked up, in jail or in IMH!
    Just me...

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    The concept of felonies and misdemeanours are more relevant to US systems than Singapore systems - the closest analogy I can think of is that of seizable and non-seizable offences.

As for going into the school in itself is not a crime - it only becomes a crime when you have the intention as I said in my previous posts - as you said, when he admitted to one, he will be slapped with another (whether or not he knew of the second crime to begin with).
    Is 'sizeable' a legal term? When does an offence become a crime? It's like littering is not a crime. Not flusing the toilet is not a crime. However, stealing is. Felony and Misdemeanour is much clearer. Is there a Singapore equivalent?

Quote Originally Posted by dominator View Post

Great shot!
    Expression spot on! Exposure spot on!
    Captured the rain drops well too!

Er, model also has very, very neat hair?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    sometimes i dun even know where to put my hands...

I put them in my pockets, they suspect i am fondling IT.
    I cross them over the chest, they suspect something is popping out.
    I hold both behind my back, they suspect i am flossed.
    I relax them along the side, they suspect i am trying to keep cool.

Tough luck guys... talk about equality...
    Buy a camera, and put them on it all the time..

Then people accuse you of being pervert.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

Er, model also has very, very neat hair?
    still got running style and pattern. he take care of his image. he knows the lenses are on him! hair not messy even as he run! nice gel!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    Buy a camera, and put them on it all the time..

Then people accuse you of being pervert.
    huh?

I thought they only accuse you of ......wah!!! you so pro!

To Lead, To Excel, To Overcome

Quote Originally Posted by diamond010 View Post
    technically he did not expose himself

The girls were peeping into the male toilet

If we reverse the situation,
    the captian was peeping into the female toilet
    and the teenager girl were exposing herself, who would go to jail ??
    you are right!

if this SAF CPT do the same thing I think no such problem!

Quote Originally Posted by deckard View Post
    you are right!

if this SAF CPT do the same thing I think no such problem!

i go sign on!!! uncle level go chiong suah!!! CHIONG AHHHH!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

How come i NS time never get to see chio bu one har?

All the char bo we saw in camp always old hag type, fat store women, fat MT SGT etc.

tuas naval base got alot la... seen some cos i used to go there for exercises all the time.
    Last edited by AQVA; 7th May 2007 at 10:59 AM.

I think he has been unfairly charged because he was in the male toilet, right next to the cubicle. Going into the school for no real reason is not a crime. It is, at most, a misdismeanor, like parking offenses.

However, all speculations are moot because he did admit to the crime, so I think he intended to go in there to expose himself to girls... in which case, he should be punished.

I pity the guy who walked about naked in his flat, and was charged. That's very very unfair. I read the news some time back. I think it was in Sengkang.
    How would we know if the person who walked naked in his flat is intentional or not? Maybe he knows that there are female neighbours or female visitors to his neighbours and purposely naked?

I am not saying he was wrong. I am speculating it maybe another side of the story. We never know a person's intention in his mind, right?

bloody hell! send him to da gallows daa! a complete disgrace!

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post

All the char bo we saw in camp always old hag type, fat store women, fat MT SGT etc.
    mindef got... very very solid ones..

Quote Originally Posted by Shu22 View Post
    How would we know if the person who walked naked in his flat is intentional or not? Maybe he knows that there are female neighbours or female visitors to his neighbours and purposely naked?

I am not saying he was wrong. I am speculating it maybe another side of the story. We never know a person's intention in his mind, right?
    To me, a person's bedroom is his sanctuary... his private space. So, his intention is irrelevant. Actually, I remember he was not only naked, but doing indecent stuff to himself in the morning.

There are some sickos out there who point their cameras at their neighbour's flats, so that they can take pictures or them changing. Maybe they can use those pictures for charging their neighbours for changing without closing their curtains?

However, having said that, I would also like to point out that the HDB is doing an extremely poor job at flat designing, especially in the new estates. The flats are so closely clustered, you can see the neighbour's beedrooms, living rooms, etc... so clearly from across the block. Which is probably why this case is so uniquely Singaporean.

Now we have a strange legal precedence that people around the world can redicule us with. Can't expose ourselves in our own bedrooms... Sigh...

vince123123
    Guests

Yeap, seizable is a legal term.

All offences are crimes - perhaps you are thinking of whether it is a crime that is entered into a criminal record?

Then again, a reading of misdemeanor from Wikipedia (hardly an authoritative source though) does show that jail terms are imposed for misdemeanors.

Is 'sizeable' a legal term? When does an offence become a crime? It's like littering is not a crime. Not flusing the toilet is not a crime. However, stealing is. Felony and Misdemeanour is much clearer. Is there a Singapore equivalent?

vince123123
    Guests

Maybe its because there are none/few? The photo above isn't even a real SAF captain - its a posed photograph for a tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by foxwagon View Post

vince123123
    Guests

Sure you can expose yourself, as long as it is not in public view - ie close your curtains.

IF I were to extend your logic, can I then say that it is not a crime to expose myself in my car? What if I were inside my car, but parked in an extremely open public place - I'm still in my "sanctuary" right?

Now, maybe you can suggest where we can draw the line?

To me, a person's bedroom is his sanctuary... his private space. So, his intention is irrelevant. Actually, I remember he was not only naked, but doing indecent stuff to himself in the morning.

There are some sickos out there who point their cameras at their neighbour's flats, so that they can take pictures or them changing. Maybe they can use those pictures for charging their neighbours for changing without closing their curtains?

However, having said that, I would also like to point out that the HDB is doing an extremely poor job at flat designing, especially in the new estates. The flats are so closely clustered, you can see the neighbour's beedrooms, living rooms, etc... so clearly from across the block. Which is probably why this case is so uniquely Singaporean.

Now we have a strange legal precedence that people around the world can redicule us with. Can't expose ourselves in our own bedrooms... Sigh...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast